All Japan Nationals - pre-event discussions | Page 3 | Golden Skate

All Japan Nationals - pre-event discussions

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
So if all the above is true, there will be a six hour gap between the events in Japan and Russia.
Hhhhmmm... will there be? I think some actually clash. (?)

On the 25th, Japanese ladies start around the same time as the first event starts in Russia. (There are only four hours difference in timezones, I think.)

On the 26th, maybe only short overlap.

27th, Japanese ladies again clash, this time with Russian gala.

but since there may not be a stream for Japanese nationals, anyway... shrug.

only did some quick calculations, though; we need a proper comparison list of the events and starting times!

Last edited:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I made an Excel spreadsheet to work it all out in my time zone (and plan when I'm sleeping :dbana:) and from what I can see there's overlap on the 25th (Russian Free Dance and start of Russian Men's FS during Japanese Ladies SP) and the 26th (Russian Pairs FS first group/s during the final group/s of Japanese Men FS).

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I made an Excel spreadsheet to work it all out in my time zone (and plan when I'm sleeping :dbana:) and from what I can see there's overlap on the 25th (Russian Free Dance and start of Russian Men's FS during Japanese Ladies SP) and the 26th (Russian Pairs FS first group/s during the final group/s of Japanese Men FS).
Yes, that’s what I worked out, too.
Good, sounds like I have the time figured out correctly then. ;-)
Not Good, I have family obligations during those days. And they really won’t appreciate me watching skating then. :-(

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, that’s what I worked out, too.
Good, sounds like I have the time figured out correctly then. ;-)
Not Good, I have family obligations during those days. And they really won’t appreciate me watching skating then. :-(
Sorry for the confusion. That difference was for the ladies. Have no idea about everything else.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I converted the competition schedule to Eastern Standard Time-14 hours behind Japan

Friday, December 25-Men SP (10:30 p.m.-2:40 a.m.)

Friday, December 25-Ladies SP (3:00 a.m.-7:10 a.m.)

Saturday, December 26-RD (1:30-2:07 a.m.)

Saturday, December 26-Mens FS (3:04-7-11 a.m.)

Sunday, December 27-FD (1:30-2:15 a.m.)

Sunday, December 27-Ladies FS (3:04-7:11 a.m.)

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
So how are we all planning to watch Japanese Nationals? I'm considering a Christmas Present to myself of a 3-day iSakura subscription... Being 4 hours ahead of Japan, however, I will be very sleep-deprived!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
There is no point in me taking a subscription, as I will be too busy celebrating Xmas (read: being social) to watch much live, anyway. I am counting on some youtuber restreaming streams and or just reposting stuff afterwards.

If only Japanese Nationals would be as easy to watch as Russian Nationals... :(

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Haha I'm not a party person - went to a party last night and that's enough for me for the whole year! And most of my friends are away seeing their families at this time of year. I hardly ever watch TV (don't own one), so watching figure skating for hours for three days will be a rare treat. I can't sleep in though because of my dog, hence the sleep deprivation...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Haha I'm not a party person - went to a party last night and that's enough for me for the whole year!
Who said anything about partying? We’re in lockdown, partying is a total no no. I also don’t party, period.
No, this will really involve being social: talk, play board games, eat, take a walk. ;-) No TV watching! (No luv for FS, anyway.)

I have this vague memory of last year (!) some youtuber restreaming JNats, like they had the stream on their computer, and they streamed that to youtube. It worked for the most part...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
From SoyouwanttowatchFS
HOW TO WATCH

A subscription to an online service (eg. iSakura, Japan TV) is usually the most reliable way to access Japanese TV channels outside of Japan.

Fuji On Demand: Viewers with FOD Premium (paid) can stream the entire competition and gala live online. Regular FOD (free) will only livestream the earlier groups of the singles competitions. These services are only available in Japan.

BS Fuji, CS Fuji ONE: BS Fuji and Fuji ONE will air ice dance and the earlier groups of the singles competitions live on TV. Broadcast schedule in JST:

• 12/25: Men’s SP Grp 1-5 12:30-16:40 (live, Fuji ONE); Ladies’ SP Grp 1-3 17:00-19:30 (live, Fuji ONE)
  • 12/26: Rhythm Dance 15:30-16:15 (live, Fuji ONE); Men’s FS Grp 1-2 17:00-19:00 (live, BS Fuji & Fuji ONE)
  • 12/27: Free Dance 15:30-16:20 (live, Fuji ONE); Ladies’ FS Grp 1-2 17:00-19:00 (live, BS Fuji & Fuji ONE)
Fuji TV: Regular Fuji TV will air the later groups of the singles competitions and the gala live on TV. Broadcast schedule in JST:

• 12/25: Ladies’ SP Grp 4-5 19:00-22:52 (live + some taped men’s SPs)
  • 12/26: Men’s FS Grp 3-4 19:00-21:15 (live)
  • 12/27: Ladies’ FS Grp 3-4 19:00-21:15 (live)
  • 12/28: Gala 15:45-17:43 (live)
  • Free stream
On demand: The Fuji TV Sports Youtube may upload some performances. Videos may also be uploaded online by fans (eg. JPTV). Search skaters’ names on Youtube and filter by upload date for the latest videos.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Haha I'm not a party person - went to a party last night and that's enough for me for the whole year! And most of my friends are away seeing their families at this time of year. I hardly ever watch TV (don't own one), so watching figure skating for hours for three days will be a rare treat. I can't sleep in though because of my dog, hence the sleep deprivation...
I hear you.....I cant see to get in bed at night.....

dogs 2.jpg

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
There is no point in me taking a subscription, as I will be too busy celebrating Xmas (read: being social) to watch much live, anyway. I am counting on some youtuber restreaming streams and or just reposting stuff afterwards.

If only Japanese Nationals would be as easy to watch as Russian Nationals... :(
I am gonna try the $3.50 for 3 day subscription for 70 channels trial. It looks like Fuji TV is channel 7. https://japannettv.com/wpshop/index.php/japan-tv-standard/

Last edited:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Who said anything about partying? We’re in lockdown, partying is a total no no. I also don’t party, period.
No, this will really involve being social: talk, play board games, eat, take a walk. ;-) No TV watching! (No luv for FS, anyway.)

I have this vague memory of last year (!) some youtuber restreaming JNats, like they had the stream on their computer, and they streamed that to youtube. It worked for the most part...
Of course, I forget how lucky we are here in NZ.