Asian Winter Games 2017, 23 - 26 Feb | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Asian Winter Games 2017, 23 - 26 Feb

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I understand some of the newer or weaker fed skaters don't have triples yet, but if they at least make an attempt at them or the d axel they will at least get credit for a downgraded jump as opposed to a zero.

Ah, I understand now why her jumping passes weren't scored. Thank you for your comment.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know, I have to laugh. If there were going to complaints during the first group about one skater wearing a dress that was too revealing, Samantha would have been my last guess as to who it would be!

Her dress was showing the least celavage of anybody!

Tasya Putri was the one showing the most cleavage...

CaroLiza_fan

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Love the music. Feels quite epic.

Edit: Time to go to work. Will check back in later.

Last edited:

peese

Medalist
I have followed Zahras 'journey' from the beginning. This girl has improved soooo much. Her skating skills, spins and footwork esp. Shame about the jumps. Has anyone seen her d axel or t sal on video? They are clean and nice jumps. I know it's only practice video but she can do them!

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I liked Zahra's arm movements, really nice. Some great spin positions too. :)
What was her score? I accidentally hit the 'x' button and couldn't reload the page for a minute.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Haven't seen Zahra in action before. Only ever read stories about her.

She was good. Like, REALLY good!

I thought all the talk about her was because of the novelty of having a skater from that part of the world. But, she is really promising.

I wouldn't be surprised if she went into the Top 3.

EDIT: 6th. Well, bearing in mind I don't have the scores in front of me, I think that was a good guess... :p

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Haven't seen Zahra in action before. Only ever read stories about her.

She was good. Like, REALLY good!

I thought all the talk about her was because of the novelty of having a skater from that part of the world. But, she is really promising.

I wouldn't be surprised if she went into the Top 3.

EDIT: 6th. Well, bearing in mind I don't have the scores in front of me, I think that was a good guess... :p

CaroLiza_fan

I think maybe Top10. Choi, Tursynbaeva, Li, N. Kim, Hongo, Craine, Amy Lin will be in Top7 I guess, and after some other skaters she could be near Top10. I don't see the scores though.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Made it to The Hague! Public transportation today is a mess, but made it eventually. Just saw the tram to the figure skating center where the CC is held. ;-)
Back to watching the stream now during the tram ride!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think maybe Top10. Choi, Tursynbaeva, Li, N. Kim, Hongo, Craine, Amy Lin will be in Top7 I guess, and after some other skaters she could be near Top10. I don't see the scores though.

Sorry, when I said Top 3, I meant at the moment.

Those are the skaters I put as my Top 7 in the predictions as well. But, having seen the standard so far, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody unexpected was able to infiltrate them.

On paper, this competition looked like it was going to be really competitive at the top. But it is proving to be really competitive the whole way down the field.

So glad there is a livestream so that we can watch it!

CaroLiza_fan

peese

Medalist

Not sure, but I think Caro meant top 3 at this point.

peese

Medalist
Sorry, when I said Top 3, I meant at the moment.

Those are the skaters I put as my Top 7 in the predictions as well. But, having seen the standard so far, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody unexpected was able to infiltrate them.

On paper, this competition looked like it was going to be really competitive at the top. But it is proving to be really competitive the whole way down the field.

So glad there is a livestream so that we can watch it!

CaroLiza_fan

I thought Zahra would have been higher as well! Lovely movement, loved the music and costume!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What on Earth is that racket during the highlights of Laura ISMAGULOVA's SP?!

That was a beautiful routine, but that noise coming from the supporters is anything but!

Disappointing that she went 10th out of 11. But, as I said, this is a proving to be a really competitive field.

I would love to see the scores to see if it is as close a competition as I imagine.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ah! It was Thita's supporters that were making the racket!

My goodness! Tom Kirkland didn't even know there was a resurfacing coming up after Thita. He thought it was just another "7 minute break" for the warm-up. :jaw:

I just don't know what to say!

CaroLiza_fan

peese

Medalist
She should have taken a few steps around the corner and done the t toe d toe combo. More experience...