Austrian National Championships | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Austrian National Championships

CrazyKittenLady

💔
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Maurizio has really improved his jump stability, only one error on the combo where he popped the 3Lz-3T into a 3Lz-2T: 76.85

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was rewatching Mikutina’s skate and I noticed 2 things.

Firstly, was the K&C in the penalty box?

Secondly, the song and her outfit went together like peanut butter and jelly. Bonus points for having a song that referenced the protagonist wearing navy blue while she skated in a blue outfit. Well done.

CrazyKittenLady

💔
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Firstly, was the K&C in the penalty box?
Well, nowadays hockey is much more popular in Austria than figure skating. I also chased the puck for a long time before I ever put figure skates on my feet. :ROFLMAO: And I think with the Corona restrictions and no audience allowed, they just didn't bother with setting up a proper Kiss & Cry.
Secondly, the song and her outfit went together like peanut butter and jelly. Bonus points for having a song that referenced the protagonist wearing navy blue while she skated in a blue outfit. Well done.
Yes, Olga's programs are really coming together this season and she's starting to sell them very well. I sincerely hope she goes far in figure skating!

By the way, I just realized that seniors are skating quite early in the afternoon today. Not sure I will make it, we are invited to lunch at the in-laws. So please someone cheer on the ladies and guys for me just in case!

CrazyKittenLady

💔
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Oh no, the Alegria music always makes me think of Zhenya. :cry: But maybe we get to see it at the First Channel team event. Fingers crossed!

CrazyKittenLady

💔
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I really appreciate the maturity that Sophia brings to her skating. Even though the jumps didn't work out at the end, she never gave up on the program. She reminds me a bit of Stasya Konstantinova, in that she is a very elegant skater! 🥰

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Olga. This performance was great. I love Experience and her pretty red dress. Her jumps and spins were good. Does she have her minimums for worlds? :cheer:

CrazyKittenLady

💔
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Olga. This performance was great. I love Experience and her pretty red dress. Her jumps and spins were good. Does she have her minimums for worlds? :cheer:
I'm pretty sure she has the SP minimum from last year's Europeans, not sure about the FS minimum. I need to check her results from Nebelhorn 2020.
Edit: Looks like she fulfilled the minimums at JÉGVIRÁG CUP 2020 (skating in Juniors). It's an international competition, so it should count for worlds, right?
Edit 2: Looks like it doesn't count, because she skated in Juniors. :oops:

Last edited: