Daria Panenkova left Eteri’s group? | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Daria Panenkova left Eteri’s group?

charlotte14

Medalist
Doesn't Tsareva also coach at Sambo70? so technically it's still on the same club.
Of course, this will be considered a move by Russian fed to weaken Eteri's group because... :rofl:

No one thinks of these girls honestly. If they want to leave on their own it is their own decision, their lives. But of course, some people do not respect them and have to pull the card "the fed want to hurt Eteri".

For someone like Dasha, or anyone, to leave their coach at this moment, it might have been too stressful for her to stay. Let her find a place better for herself. I wish the best for Dasha.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I am not sure if having Tsareva as a coach is ideal for someone needing less stress. :slink: If true, I hope this won't be Anna 2.0, if Daria is known to be rather emotional (I remember her k&c reaction too well). Please, no more meltdowns.

I'd still wait for some official confirmation, as she could just be doing a trial or temporary thing for lack of other options right now.

zounger

Medalist
My ideal move for her would have been Arutyunyan. He knows Russian so she wouldn't feel entirely uncomfortable. He has another two 16 years old skaters Marin and Eun-Soo with similar ambitions that moved far away. It could have been the sweet sixteen trio. Plus the new experience and etc.

madison

Record Breaker
If Dasha is now with Tsareva and went to Eteri with flowers, it means that she would want to go back to Eteri, something similar to Zagitova some years ago.

Fluture

Record Breaker
If Dasha is now with Tsareva and went to Eteri with flowers, it means that she would want to go back to Eteri, something similar to Zagitova some years ago.

Well, but Alina was expelled by Eteri and came to bid her farewell with flowers. Then she was taken back. Dasha‘s case was a bit different, from what we‘ve gathered she left on her own accord. I doubt Eteri would take back a skater who left her, she probably feels to offended if somebody leaves her voluntarily. She wouldn‘t take Evgenia back even if she came crawling to her on her knees and begging her (which she won‘t do of course) That’s just how Eteri is and given her success... she can very well afford to act like that. :shrug:

I‘m no fan of Tsareva‘s, I don‘t think Anna seriously improved with her but all the best to Dasha. At least better than Buyanova.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Well, but Alina was expelled by Eteri and came to bid her farewell with flowers. Then she was taken back. Dasha‘s case was a bit different, from what we‘ve gathered she left on her own accord. I doubt Eteri would take back a skater who left her, she probably feels to offended if somebody leaves her voluntarily. She wouldn‘t take Evgenia back even if she came crawling to her on her knees and begging her (which she won‘t do of course) That’s just how Eteri is and given her success... she can very well afford to act like that. :shrug:

I‘m no fan of Tsareva‘s, I don‘t think Anna seriously improved with her but all the best to Dasha. At least better than Buyanova.

So why she took back Tursynbayeva? I bet it's just the opposite, it would bring her great satisfaction :devil:
(I'm just reading historical novel from the turn of 12th/13th century from the times of struggle about the crown of The HRE between Hohenstaufen and The House of Welf. Many princes, kings and knights were involved and many of them changed sides, some of them several times. And while when they betrayed they were condemned even by pope sometimes, when they joined former side again, they were welcomed with hands opened. It's game of titles after all :) )

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Moving to Tsareva from Eteri doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. If it's about Eteri's "attitude" and how she treats her skaters, Tsareva even is a step back. When it's competence, Tsareva's even greater a step back.

The only way it makes sense is if the fed indeed denied transfering across schools due to it being outside the transfer period.

Fluture

Record Breaker
So why she took back Tursynbayeva? I bet it's just the opposite, it would bring her great satisfaction :devil:
(I'm just reading historical novel from the turn of 12th/13th century from the times of struggle about the crown of The HRE between Hohenstaufen and The House of Welf. Many princes, kings and knights were involved and many of them changed sides, some of them several times. And while when they betrayed they were condemned even by pope sometimes, when they joined former side again, they were welcomed with hands opened. It's game of titles after all :) )

Hm, I have to disagree with you here. :) Tursynbaeva was a different scenario. She didn‘t want to leave Eteri but had to because Russian coaches weren‘t allowed to train foreign countries leading up to the Olympic season in 2014. It wasn‘t a split like with Yulia or Evgenia. Also, she stated firmly that she‘d never take back why would it be different with other skaters? I think her pride wouldn‘t allow her to do that. But it would be interesting to see somebody try. :biggrin:

LRK

Record Breaker

OT - As someone who is fond of historical fiction, this sounds really exciting.:)

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
So will Tsareva be called a thief now, trying to bring down team Eteri or does that only apply to CSKA/Buyanova? :laugh:

Obviously, Tsareva and Buyanova are having a deal, in which Buyanova lures the poor girls away from Eteri with promises of CSKA and all the fed candies, and then denies them at the last second to ship them back to Tsareva. Buyanova can destroy her biggest competition and Tsareva can become the queen of Sambo-70. It is so obvious, how can you not see it? :cool14:

I probably should add for some people here that this is, indeed, sarcasm :laugh:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
OT - As someone who is fond of historical fiction, this sounds really exciting.:)

:eek:topic: Well, that's not fiction, even if it contains necessary art licence. It's a novell, after all, but the historical events are as they happened and all the characters are real historical persons. It's written from bohemian perspective, main character is king of Bohemia, Přemysl I. Otakar (Ottokar I of Bohemia). Yes, I make use of any opportunity how to promote my country :)

andromache

Record Breaker
Idk, I don't think Tsareva is as bad as people always assume. There have been times in the K&C when she looked very kind and supportive of Anna, after both good and bad performances.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Hm, I have to disagree with you here. :) Tursynbaeva was a different scenario. She didn‘t want to leave Eteri but had to because Russian coaches weren‘t allowed to train foreign countries leading up to the Olympic season in 2014. It wasn‘t a split like with Yulia or Evgenia. Also, she stated firmly that she‘d never take back why would it be different with other skaters? I think her pride wouldn‘t allow her to do that. But it would be interesting to see somebody try. :biggrin:

Well, if what Daniil says is true -- maybe Daria did not want to leave. Let's say she had a minor injury and was told not to train for a day -- then when she didn't come to the ice, she would have been expelled. Maybe she wants to go back. Who knows? I just want her to never, ever go to Tsareva.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Of course, this will be considered a move by Russian fed to weaken Eteri's group because... :rofl:

No one thinks of these girls honestly. If they want to leave on their own it is their own decision, their lives. But of course, some people do not respect them and have to pull the card "the fed want to hurt Eteri".

For someone like Dasha, or anyone, to leave their coach at this moment, it might have been too stressful for her to stay. Let her find a place better for herself. I wish the best for Dasha.

What? that's not what i wrote. Why are users here so uncapable of looking at the bigger picture?

The fed keeps pushing CSKA (we all know it: more funding, shiny new rink, huge inflation at domestic competitions, more chances to get spots at international events), and of course that hurts Sambo70, it hurts Mishin, or every other coach in Russia, that's a consequence cause it's no longer a fair competition. No matter how good your skaters are, CSKA will always be treated better and they will have their spots regardless.

Heck it even hurts RusFed too, cause if those skaters from CSKA underperfom compared to what they were used to at other clubs, when they go to Worlds and they don't finish in the top placements, Russia loses the 3 spots.

Look at Worlds 2017, if it wasn't for Medvedeva, no 3 spots, cause Pogo bombed and Sotskova being Sotskova.

Look at Worlds 2018, if it wasn't for the gold and silver at the Olympics from Zagitova and Medvedeva, Russia would have lost the 3 spots cause Sotskova being Sotskova (x2) and Konstantinova bombed big time.

Tutto

Record Breaker
What? that's not what i wrote. Why are users here so uncapable of looking at the bigger picture?

The fed keeps pushing CSKA (we all know it: more funding, shiny new rink, huge inflation at domestic competitions, more chances to get spots at international events), and of course that hurts Sambo70, it hurts Mishin, or every other coach in Russia, that's a consequence cause it's no longer a fair competition. No matter how good your skaters are, CSKA will always be treated better and they will have their spots regardless.

Heck it even hurts RusFed too, cause if those skaters underperfom at CSKA compared to what they were used to at other clubs, when they go to Worlds and they don't finish in the top placements, Russia loses the 3 spots.

Look at Worlds 2017, if it wasn't for Medvedeva, no 3 spots, cause Pogo bombed and Sotskova being Sotskova.

Look at Worlds 2018, if it wasn't for the gold and silver at the Olympics from Zagitova and Medvedeva, Russia would have lost the 3 spots cause Sotskova being Sotskova (x2) and Konstantinova bombed big time.

World spots have nothing to do with Olympics, Russia retained 3 spots due to placements of Zagitova + Sotskova - only 2 highest placements are taken into the account so Konstantinova's result was irrelevant

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I'm sorry but from what you write your picture is not bigger, it's same narrowed down to Eteri's girls being at the top of the world and all the other coaches's skaters constantly under-performing.
Spots are not decided by Olympics results, they are decided by results shown at the Worlds. Konstantinova had a fever, some said she went to skate having 38t, that's not really healthy is it? Zagitova failed to medal due to a bad FS, she was tired, obviously.
And back to the topic- I hope Daria will find herself a coach that would make her work hard and not skip her first season in Senior Grand Prix. Because she's been working so hard throughout the years and it is a good chance to make a good start as a Senior Lady this post-Olympic season. Daria, please, please don't skip this season GP!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
World spots have nothing to do with Olympics, Russia retained 3 spots due to placements of Zagitova + Sotskova - only 2 highest placements are taken into the account so Konstantinova's result was irrelevant

Okay but still, it doesn't matter.

You have to look at the past years and what CSKA skaters have accomplished, and how much it costs for Russia to push a club that achieved so little in the past years in figure skating despite the massive resources they have.

If you look at the Olympics and the past 3 World Championships, all medals Russia gained in ladies figure skating are coming from Sambo70 skaters. (all Eteri's skaters and one bronze with Pogorilaya)

Sorrento

Record Breaker
This is not up to Daria but to Rus fed and they don't look eager to solve it...

Solve what? Federation does not take responsibility for skaters decisions on changing their coach situation. Maybe in China, they certainly do.