Daria Panenkova left Eteri’s group? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Daria Panenkova left Eteri’s group?

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Good for Elizabet at this point.

She came back as a side skater that would have been easily outshadowed by all these other talented skaters, while now she could be one of the two senior ladies on that group.

As for Daria, i hope it's not true: Buyanova should not be the solution for every single skater (especially for Daria, unlike the other students from that group, she was the least talented and i think they really helped her a lot), and right now this sounds more like a way to ruin Sambo70 or Eteri by stealing all their top students and getting the credit for raising them, considering Eteri clearly outclassed her in the past few years.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

She came back as a side skater that would have been easily outshadowed by all these other talented skaters, while now she could be one of the two senior ladies on that group.

As for Daria, i hope it's not true: Buyanova should not be the solution for every single skater (especially for Daria, unlike the other students from that group, she was the least talented and i think they really helped her a lot), and right now this sounds more like a way to ruin Sambo70 or Eteri by stealing all their top students and getting the credit for raising them, considering Eteri clearly outclassed her in the past few years.

:confused: Excuse me? Stealing? It's not like Eteri is raising these kids from 4 years old either, they came to her from other coaches too. Buyanova has only taken on 2 of Eteri's former students and 1, Eteri broke so bad, he couldn't even continue. And no one has proof to begin with that Daria is even at Buyanova's or that she even left. And how exactly is she ruining Sambo 70 by accepting 1 student who was rumored to have been kicked out? Last I checked, Med, Anastasia, Ilia, etc, didn't go to Buyanova.

And funny because on the Russian boards Eteri is accused of "stealing" Volkov students so if it's good for the goose.....

charlotte14

Medalist
:confused: Excuse me? Stealing? It's not like Eteri are raising these kids from 4 years old either, they came to her from other coaches too. Buyanova has only taken on 2 of Eteri's former students and 1, Eteri broke so bad, he couldn't even continue. And no one has proof to begin with that Daria is even at Buyanova's or that she even left. And how exactly is she ruining Sambo 70 by accepting 1 student who was rumored to have been kicked out? Last I checked, Med, Anastasia, Ilia, etc, didn't go to Buyanova.

And funny because on the Russian boards Eteri is accused of "stealing" Volkov students so if it's good for the goose.....
Exactly, Also it’s not like they have better options after leaving Eteri. CSKA has the facilities, why not go there. Yet we only know for sure Polina left for CSKA and she’s close friend with Maria Sotskova.

ejnsofi

Final Flight

It isn't like majority of Eteri's students are her making :sarcasm: I think Medvedeva was her only student from beginning (she moved to Eteri as small child). Polina, Julia, Anna, Alexandra, Anastasia and Alena all moved from different coaches. Eteri is great in building consistency but Kostornaia's musicality or Tsurskaya's amazing jumping technique are not sambo-70 work but Eteri very often gets credit for it especially from fans who don't follow skaters on regular basis.

Also how Buianova or any other coach can steal a skater? Does she kidnap them in the middle of the night? Even if she was the one who approach Polina or Dasha they wouldn't change clubs if they were 100% happy with Eteri. If I had an amazing, satisfying job in some company which guaranteed me success and made me happy I wouldn't change it if some other company offered me a placement.

Tulipstar

Medalist
If she left, it surprises me a little. Daria was 1 of only 2 Russian senior skaters in that team and would likely have gotten a lot of attention.

Perhaps Eteri and the other coaches were spread to thin last season. Especially since it was an Olympic year and most of her attention went to Evgenia and Alina. Of course that makes sense in a way, but some of the less successful skaters in the team might have felt they needed more attention.

In any other team/country Polina, Anastasia and Daria would have been stars. Just not here

Shayuki

Record Breaker
It isn't like majority of Eteri's students are her making :sarcasm: I think Medvedeva was her only student from beginning (she moved to Eteri as small child). Polina, Julia, Anna, Alexandra, Anastasia and Alena all moved from different coaches. Eteri is great in building consistency but Kostornaia's musicality or Tsurskaya's amazing jumping technique are not sambo-70 work but Eteri very often gets credit for it especially from fans who don't follow skaters on regular basis.

Also how Buianova or any other coach can steal a skater? Does she kidnap them in the middle of the night? Even if she was the one who approach Polina or Dasha they wouldn't change clubs if they were 100% happy with Eteri. If I had an amazing, satisfying job in some company which guaranteed me success and made me happy I wouldn't change it if some other company offered me a placement.
Medvedeva wasn't with her from the beginning. None of them were. I think that that's a pretty silly requirement, though. Then none of the notable coaches have ever produced any students. They all receive the initial training elsewhere.

However, I think that there's a difference between what Eteri does(Gets said skaters to the next level and makes them perform at the top of their abilities) vs what Buianova does(Gets skaters who by all means already are complete products and hopes they can be useful until they regress too much under her).

Well, if it's true that she's moved under Davydov, Buianova's not that relevant... But it's important to make the distinction.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
:confused: Excuse me? Stealing? It's not like Eteri is raising these kids from 4 years old either, they came to her from other coaches too. Buyanova has only taken on 2 of Eteri's former students and 1, Eteri broke so bad, he couldn't even continue. And no one has proof to begin with that Daria is even at Buyanova's or that she even left. And how exactly is she ruining Sambo 70 by accepting 1 student who was rumored to have been kicked out? Last I checked, Med, Anastasia, Ilia, etc, didn't go to Buyanova.

That is true but for better or worse, Eteri's group actively works with their students, fix things and they have a very clear vision on how a skater should be on the ice, the jumping technique,... it's almost like craftmanship. If you watch junior nationals without knowing anything, you can recognize Eteri's skaters, same for Panova's skaters, Mishin,...

While for Buyanova it's like doing shopping, when she is bored by her current skater, she looks for a replacement and she will always find top level skaters given CSKA's huge advantages in Russia. It's like if you can't win by yourself, go buy your competitors.

i don't know if it's stealing, but at this point (if Daria is confirmed) 5 former Eteri skaters went to CSKA right after (for different reasons, of course): Shelepen, Voronov, Pitkeev, Tsurskaya and Panenkova.

And as we saw two seasons ago with Sotskova and even last year during interviews, she likes to take all the credits for raising these skaters and making them competitive for seniors while in reality she just picked an already great skater and didn't touch anything, besides maybe some improvement on the posture.

I wish there was more honesty on all of this, but i can't say she's the only one who does it, Tracy in US&Canada is all about these PR statements.

The funny thing is that looking at Adelina and now Artur Danielian, i think Buyanova and her team works best when they actually raise skaters.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Well, Davydov would certainly make sense. He has the advantages of being in CSKA combined with the ability to produce good results. And having a senior skater on the GP will get him more exposure.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Exactly, Also it’s not like they have better options after leaving Eteri. CSKA has the facilities, why not go there. Yet we only know for sure Polina left for CSKA and she’s close friend with Maria Sotskova.
Because CSKA doesn't take in everyone that feels like joining, especially in late July. It's been mentioned that CSKA turned Dasha down. Of course this isn't certain any more than just about everything else said on the subject.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
That is true but for better or worse, Eteri's group actively works with their students, fix things and they have a very clear vision on how a skater should be on the ice, the jumping technique,... it's almost like craftmanship. If you watch junior nationals without knowing anything, you can recognize Eteri's skaters, same for Panova's skaters, Mishin,...

While for Buyanova it's like doing shopping, when she is bored by her current skater, she looks for a replacement and she will always find top level skaters given CSKA's huge advantages in Russia. It's like if you can't win by yourself, go buy your competitors.

i don't know if it's stealing, but at this point (if Daria is confirmed) 5 former Eteri skaters went to CSKA right after (for different reasons, of course): Shelepen, Voronov, Pitkeev, Tsurskaya and Panenkova.

And as we saw two seasons ago with Sotskova and even last year during interviews, she likes to take all the credits for raising these skaters and making them competitive for seniors while in reality she just picked an already great skater and didn't touch anything, besides maybe some improvement on the posture.

I wish there was more honesty on all of this, but i can't say she's the only one who does it, Tracy in US&Canada is all about these PR statements.

The funny thing is that looking at Adelina and now Artur Danielian, i think Buyanova and her team works best when they actually raise skaters.

This is rubbish. I don't even like Buyanova but these silly posts put me in the position of defending her :laugh:

Buyanova was barely coaching anybody and she was fine with that for a long time. I can believe that she might have been interesting in taking Elena from Inna, but the rest of these claims are pure nonsense. Sergei moved to Goncharenko, until she left, and I am sure he is the lowest of priorities for Buyanova. There is still no proof that Panenkova is in her team. I can hardly blame any skater for leaving Eteri and there just are not many other options for an established senior coach in Moscow. So...duh. Of course she's going to have people coming to her. Shiny new CSKA rink, less crowding, great conditions (they, and Buyanova specifically, helped Adian a lot with his terrible injury). Of course these skaters don't want to move backwards to some small-time coach without any established reputation. And how many skaters have moved to Eteri? And others who left Eteri went to other coaches. This "churn" is nothing new or unique to any specific coach.

Would Buyanova welcome a really good skater that came to her...in many cases, yes. (Remember, she did not take Anna when she had the opportunity.) But do you honestly think she is out there "recruiting" in the summertime? :rolleye::laugh2: She has enough to keep her busy right now.

And have you ever heard Eteri credit the previous coach of any of her winners for all the work they put in?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I think many of those skaters think new rules wont be in favour of some Eteri's methods of training anymore - such as fast rotatitons and busy programmes and they think Buyanovas approach suits changed rules much better... Im not that sure changed GOE system will start to downscore Eteris senior skaters that much and i think judges are not looking at different approaches in technique/style of skating as something crucial, but at the current form of particular skater tho.. Obviously, there is some people who share that opinion how new GOE system is (made to be applied) against Eteris ways of winning and skaters may think the same..
How are the new rules against fast rotations?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

What are you TALKING about? She didn't RAISE Danielian :palmf: You should venture over to his fan thread, guess what, I run it and there are plenty of interviews to clue you in. His previous coach helped him move to CSKA because according to him, his former coach told him he had nothing to "catch" in Volgograd and she set up the whole meeting between him and Buyanova. So no, Buyanova did not "raise" him. This is only his 3rd year at CSKA. He moved to CSKA at about the same age as kids move to Eteri, if not a little bit older. CSKA cleaned up/fixed his jumps (which were not great), taught him the harder jump combos/3axel he didn't have, and helped polish his movements/skating skills, but the quality of his non-jumping elements was evident while he was still in Volgograd. So give his first 2 coaches their due credit. The gave him a lot too.

Oh and Adelina was coached elsewhere before moving to Buyanova/CSKA too. She started off skating at a rink near her home in the suburbs, made a pit stop with Goncharenko before moving to Buyanova.

ETA: oh and before I forget, let me give Selitskaya her due because I sure she is responsible as well for Danielian's improvements as she is his coach too.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Would Buyanova welcome a really good skater that came to her...in many cases, yes. (Remember, she did not take Anna when she had the opportunity.) But do you honestly think she is out there "recruiting" in the summertime? :rolleye::laugh2: She has enough to keep her busy right now.

Yes, according to some, she is out there recruiting at the end of July with Junior test skates coming up in 2 weeks. What nonsense :rolleye:

glassanimal

On the Ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY_X-IarHJs&feature=youtu.be&t=3m12s Can Eteri say this about Daria or any of the other students? No? Then the issue's over with. She doesn't own anyone, even the one she raised, as all have the right to choose which coaching situation is best for them. If Buyanova, Orser, or whomever else offers what they need, then it's their right as athletes to take it. They're not little puppets for Eteri or any other coach to control, nor are they kidnapped sheep for big bad Tarasova to lure away.