Daria Panenkova left Eteri’s group? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Daria Panenkova left Eteri’s group?

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I went to check out the live, but she seems to be avoiding all the coach change related questions.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Russian Fed would avoid putting three Eteri girls on the podium at RusNats, if possible. If you want a worlds spot, it make sense to change only that ground alone when you are clearly in the second-tier talent.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Russian Fed would avoid putting three Eteri girls on the podium at RusNats, if possible. If you want a worlds spot, it make sense to change only that ground alone when you are clearly in the second-tier talent.
There was only Zagitova and Panenkova for Eteri. No third girl existed.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
There was only Zagitova and Panenkova for Eteri. No third girl existed.

Exactly, which puzzles me why would leave so early. Being Eteri’s number two on the senior level is a big deal (despite being much lower on the rank compared to juniors). I would see her leaving after next season when Sasha Alenka and Anya move up to seniors...

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Panenkova had the good jumps and the consistency under Eteri's coaching. That would have been more than enough for Russian fed to push her PCS in seniors.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Exactly, which puzzles me why would leave so early. Being Eteri’s number two on the senior level is a big deal (despite being much lower on the rank compared to juniors). I would see her leaving after next season when Sasha Alenka and Anya move up to seniors...

And towards the end of July at that :scratch2:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Fair enough. I assumed she was staying juniors since she has almost no chance of getting an international senior spot, whereas she would a junior spot.
"almost no chance" of getting an international senior spot? She got 2 senior GP assignments. I think she has more of a chance to get senior worlds spots than junior worlds spots. Still, we have to keep the realistic level of this skater in mind.

madison

Record Breaker
Maybe she was trown away by Eteri... i begin to think in this possibility. I've heard that the training camp was really hard for the skaters.
And why would she leave now, almost the end of July, and without a coaching arrangement in place? it doesn't make sense.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Too bad Averbukh wasn’t around team Eteri this off-season. I mean...he’d have rushed to tell us all the juicy drama. We then could have used him as a punching bag instead of each other. :curse:

LRK

Record Breaker
I would say that if she is avoiding answering any and all coaching questions, then her coaching situation is, at the very least, unclear. If she was definitely staying with Eteri, then no doubt she would have denied leaving - just as she denied moving to pairs. So either she is leaving - or her situation is up in the air, and undecided, and she simply doesn't know.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^All I got from that video is a) locker room pic really isn't of Sambo 70, b) Rukhin has long legs, he's going to be TALL and c) I agree with LRK :laugh:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
How are the new rules against fast rotations?

They are not. But they awarded very good height and distance more which fast rotators dont need while jumping. Also, you can get max GOE now without intricate entry and exit, which was one of Eteri's main adut for higher GOE before. Its just the difference in approach to get the highest GOE.

skatingfan200

Medalist
https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/matchtvnews_NI874769_Gruppa_Tutberidze_prodolzhajet_redet_Na_grani_uhoda_uzhe_chetvertaja_sportsmenka
google translate
Tutberidze's group continues to thin out. On the verge of departure is the fourth athlete

Darya Panenkova left the team ahead of time in Novogorsk.. The sportswoman herself declined to comment on this information.

In case the conflict is not resolved, Panenkova will follow Medvedeva, Tsurskaya and Tarakanova as the fourth loss of Tutberidze. In the upcoming season, Daria claimed the position of the second number of the group Tutberidze after Alina Zagitova.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
That's not much of a news article...just regurgitates what was already known. Wake me up when we find out who her new coach is. What will the conspiracy theorists say when it turns out she was not, in fact, "poached by Buyanova"? :laugh2:

glassanimal

On the Ice
That's not much of a news article...just regurgitates what was already known. Wake me up when we find out who her new coach is. What will the conspiracy theorists say when it turns out she was not, in fact, "poached by Buyanova"? :laugh2:

Are you sure? Because I thought I saw her dragging a net full of sedated athletes back to CSKA. 😎

MatchTV has insiders, btw. So it’s safe to assume they’re on to something.