Daria Panenkova left Eteri’s group? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Daria Panenkova left Eteri’s group?

Sveta

On the Ice
Have Eteri or Daniil said anything about Tarakanova yet?

It does seem a bit like a reacurring theme, though... Yulia, Adian, Evgenia, now Daria. Hard to believe it was only the skater‘s fault in each of these cases. Hm.

They do not comment either Polina or Nastya, yet I believe. However, many sources stayed that Nastya was seriously ill...

Rumour has it that Darya has health issues as well. Therefore, she refused to train fully, if I find an official info I will post it here.

Wishing to Dasha to stay healthy and find herself a new coach asap, next season might be very crucial for her, and she deserves the chance to pull it through!

SamuraiKike

Medalist
So she just was being lazy? :think:
Seems like pretty strange timing, what with the transfer period over and her having her senior debut this season. But well, it's her career I guess.

I dont get the same conclusion. The quote just says they preferred to leave but like others have said here what's most important is whats not being told to the press . What are the real reasons..

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^Not to mention, she went/going to practice at another rink. So there is definitely more to this story.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wherever Daria ends up, I want her to find her joy and passion for skating. I want to be careful not to read too much into things, but having THIS reaction is not what one should see after winning the competition. I get that it wasn't her best/perfect skate, but nobody should look that upset for that performance!

I know people see that as she's driven, but I personally found it kind of sad that someone that young felt so much pressure to achieve.

Last edited:

ejnsofi

Final Flight
They do not comment either Polina or Nastya, yet I believe. However, many sources stayed that Nastya was seriously ill...

Rumour has it that Darya has health issues as well. Therefore, she refused to train fully, if I found some official info I will post it here.

Wishing to Dasha to stay healthy and find herself a new coach asap, next season might be very crucial for her, and she deserves the chance to pull it through!

I heard that Eteri told Polina to go or to rethink everything and come back when she was ready (so basically come back with the flowers I guess) and Polina decided not to come back. I don't know the details with Tarakanova but the fact is 4 students leaving one coach in span of 3 months isn't normal :confused: I get that Medvedeva's departure was the most "planned" one as there was RusFed involved, director of sambo and even TAT. Polina was probably planning her coach change for a long time as well. Tarakanova's departure was a little bit surprising but Panenkova's really confuses me.

Really something had to happen to leave so suddenly after transfer window.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t see the big deal here...Dasha wanted to leave and discontinue training with the group and left the group. Until I hear the exact reason I see no reason to get worked up. Had she wanted to quit training and Eteri or Danil forced her to continue then I’d be concerned. Could be lots of reasons and maybe even personal reasons Dasha chooses not to discuss. Things like finances or personal health that is none of our buisiness.

I just don’t see anything in Danil’s statement to encourage further speculation.

madison

Record Breaker
I've heard that the training camp was really hard.
I imagine that Eteri really pushed all the skaters during this time.
Probably Daria was already passing through a difficult time in her personal life if the rumors about her parents having financial problems are true. Plus she had exams this year so this might have added to the stress. It's possible that she was more vulnerable and unable to cope with additional stress and pressure due to the training.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I dont get the same conclusion. The quote just says they preferred to leave but like others have said here what's most important is whats not being told to the press . What are the real reasons..
Well, the "thinking"-emoticon was because I wasn't entirely convinced by the idea. Actually, it doesn't make sense from either side.

If Daria wanted to leave, she should have done so during the transfer period. Unless she just recently came to the conclusion that she doesn't want to train under Eteri. In which case I still think it would have been smarter to endure a season rather than risk everything for her senior debut season - The most important season of her skating career.

Eteri getting rid of her by no significant fault of Panenkova's would also not make a whole lot of sense, because she's her only senior lady in addition to Zagitova(and Tursynbaeva).

Eteri kicking her out if Panenkova did something like Daniil described would certainly make sense. But I don't know why Panenkova would do that sort of a thing all of a sudden. Unless they gave her another season of lip stick choreo.

I don’t see the big deal here...Dasha wanted to leave and discontinue training with the group and left the group.
If she wanted to do that as a planned action, she'd have done it much earlier. That's why I rule that explanation out.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
(

If she wanted to do that as a planned action, she'd have done it much earlier. That's why I rule that explanation out.

I don’t know her personal life very well but things happen. Life doesn’t always adhere to the figure skating season’s schedule. Often times life happens at the worst of times...at least to me. I wouldn’t completely rule out a family issue arose or something that was preventing her from being able to train that no one could control.

I’m sure if she thinks we should know she’ll tell us what happened.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
If she left suddenly it was probably because she couldn't take any more. If you are under immense stress for whatever reason(s), if a situation feels unbearable, if your mental or physical health is suffering, then you have to do what you need to do. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Who cares about transfer periods and waiting out a season if you can't even bring yourself to go out on the ice? Everyone has to take care of their immediate needs first.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
It isn't like the first time somebody leaves sambo beyond transfer window.
And trying to "endure" a year in environment which makes you want to run away isn't good for mental health of adult, not to mention 15 year old girl.

madison

Record Breaker
Ideally, Eteri and the rest should support the skaters during bad times, cause everyone has moments of weaknesses or problems. But they seem that they don't care about the students' well being and are not interested in their problems and causes of the under-achievement. All it counts is that the skaters train at the maximum all the time and to show results.

esteticlove

Final Flight
They only bash the students who had the guts to leave by themselves... Interesting that for allthose years Eteri never mentioned how they throw some of theur students out

combo

Rinkside
It's alarming how easily the blame falls on the student - usually a teenager / young adult who grew up in a high intensity training environment - and not upon the experienced adults.

Good luck to her, wherever she goes next.

davidzz

Spectator
It might also related to some issues in her family. She recently sold her costumes, and her family moved.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Ideally, Eteri and the rest should support the skaters during bad times, cause everyone has moments of weaknesses or problems. But they seem that they don't care about the students' well being and are not interested in their problems and causes of the under-achievement. All it counts is that the skaters train at the maximum all the time and to show results.

Sorry, but somehow (one of the many) rumors became true? If you have information that this is the situation, please, share it with us. As far as I know, we really can't say what's the cause, we just don't know.

Somebody asked why it's always drama when somebody leaves Eteri. I would say that with Anastasia it wasn't drama at all but sometimes it is. Why? The answer is: it is drama when some people need to see drama in it and when somebody projects his own feelings about Eteri into it. Now it is strenghtened by the fact that we also don't know whether Dasha would have a coach at all or not. I just assume do not make conclusions without facts.

madison

Record Breaker
Sorry, but somehow (one of the many) rumors became true? If you have information that this is the situation, please, share it with us. As far as I know, we really can't say what's the cause, we just don't know.

Somebody asked why it's always drama when somebody leaves Eteri. I would say that with Anastasia it wasn't drama at all but sometimes it is. Why? The answer is: it is drama when some people need to see drama in it and when somebody projects his own feelings about Eteri into it. Now it is strenghtened by the fact that we also don't know whether Dasha would have a coach at all or not. I just assume do not make conclusions without facts.
What rumors are you talking about? i expressed my opinion based inclusively on Eteri's interviews.