Dutch Figure Skating 2021-2022 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Dutch Figure Skating 2021-2022

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It is very interesting to see a real Lutz at about the 1:30 mark in the 1964 video. She appears to actually be riding the outside of the blade in an arc before taking off for the jump. Kudos to Sjoukje.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
The Olympics are of course the most important upcoming event for Figure skating (and other winter sports) but it's nice to know that some of the younger Dutch team are participating in the International Reykjavik Games.

One Basic Novice Girl (in the interclub part of the competition)
Jazlynn Hoppener (representing her FS Club BKV)

Two Advanced Novice girls:
Nijne van Erp
Roos Harkema

One Junior woman:
Eline Seuren

Mikai van Ommeren was on the entrees list earlier on, but I guess she has withdrawn. It isn't the first time, she's coping with difficulties in combining school and skating.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
One Basic Novice Girl (in the interclub part of the competition)
Jazlynn Hoppener (representing her FS Club BKV)

I was watching the competition, and I am pleased to report that she won!!! 🥇

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

The two Norwegian skaters that joined Jazlynn on the podium were not that far behind her. But, the three of them were well ahead of the rest of the field.

So, a very productive trip to Reykjavik for her.

Hopefully this success will inspire the other Dutch girls coming up in the ISU part of the event.

:cheer: WELL DONE JAZLYNN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Another report from the Reykjavik Games.

After the success in the interclub competition with Jazlynn Hoppener winning the competition, I am pleased to note that in the ISU part of the competition among 15 advanced novice girls Roos Harkema got a silver medal. 🥈She was third in the SP, third in the FS and together this was enough to end in in second place. Hurrah for Roos! Congratulations! :cheer:

The other Dutch girl who took part in this competition, Nijne van Erp, ended in 12th place. 12th in the SP, 13th in the FS but enough to maintain 12th place.

The Junior women had their SP today (in the morning) and Eline Seuren is currently in 11th place (out of 18). The FS will be tomorrow morning.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Quite a success for Eline Seuren at the Reykjavik International Games in the Junior Women Figure Skating competition. She was 6th in the FS (after being 11th in the Short) and through that managed to rise up to 8th in total (out of 18 junior women). Well done Eline! :cheer:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
At the Olympic Games Lindsay van Zundert was 22nd in the Short Programme and will be skating in the Free. She had a clean skate with a triple lutz-double toe combo, a triple loop and a double axel, as well as some lovely spins (fast and centered). Well done Lindsay! :cheer:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Although I am looking forward to the Women's FS in the Olympics to watch Lindsay van Zundert skate, I would also like to inform you about the Challenge Cup taking place a week after the Olympics.

There is - of course - a thread dedicated to it in the Competitions section, but there will be many Dutch skaters skating there in all disciplines, except for the men. The highest placement for a Dutch entree in every competition/discipline will become Dutch Champion as well (except for last year this is common practice at Challenge Cup).

In the senior Women:
Lindsay van Zundert (I wonder whether she will really be there, having just returned from the OG)
Niki Wories

In the senior Pairs:
Daria Danilova/Michel Tsiba
Nika Osipova/Dmitry Epstein

In the senior Ice Dance:
Chelsea Verhaegh/Sherim van Geffen
Hannah Jakucs/Alessio Galli

In the junior Women:
Lois Libregts
Dani Loonstra
Lilia Lupanova
Isabella Smit
Julia van Dijk
Jolanda Vos

In the junior Pairs:
Giulia Pap/Grigory Kornienko (great to see we have a junior Pair again!).

In the advanced novice girls:
Josefine Boer
Angel Delevaque
Olivia Ender
Roos Harkema
Gabi Loonstra
Sharon Luit
Anne Lurling
Macey Mellema
Emilia Solouhkin
Nazomi van Bergen Bravenboer
Nijne van Erp

In the basic novice girls:
Noa Fay Cappenberg
Anna de Groot
Lucca Dijkhuizen
Elsbeth Marck
Mandy van den Dries
Floor van der Pas
Lucia van Stenis

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Hi there everybody. Due to a short hospilisation I haven't been able to keep you all informed. Well, Dutch Nationals is on (at the Challenge Cup, so there are WS points involved).

Sr. Ice dance,

Hanna Jakucs and Alessio Galli were 8th, out of 9 couples. They are also the Dutch Champions. Regrettably Chelsea Verhaegh and Sherim van Geffen were not there. I think Hanna and Alessio are not going to Worlds though, they have not enough points (and the minimum TES).

Basic novice girls.

Elsbeth Marck was 3rd and she has the highest Dutch placement. Dutch champion!

Advanced novice girls

Macey Mellema was 7th and has the highest Dutch placement. She is Dutch Champion! The other Dutch advanced novice girls were repectively 8th (Angel Delavaque), 10th (Nazomi van Bergen Bravenboer) and 13th (Roos Harkema). There were a few more but I got tired of just listing girls!!!!! 16th until 18th, 20th until 22nd. The rest had withdrawn. In total 25 girls participated in this section.

Junior Women

Only SP's yet. The numbers 2 until 6 are close (all in the 50s). Dani Loonstra stands 9th for now.

Sr. women.

Lindsay van Zundert stands in 10th, Niki Wories in 11th and they're close (less than a point difference). Small miracle that Lindsay is even here!

Sr. pairs

There were only 5 pairs in the end. 1st are a Russian Pair followed by Danilova/Tsiba (2nd) and Osipova/Epstein (3rd). Let's see what happens tomorrow!

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Here we go.
She was only 11th at the Challenge Cup but first of the Dutch Junior Women. Meet the new Dutch Champion: Dani Loonstra.
She was 7th at the Challenge Cup but first of the Dutch Sr. Women. Meet the new Dutch Champion: Lindsay van Zundert. That she came here at the Challenge Cup was a miracle in itself. Both Niki Wories (12th) and Lindsay didn't have the best of Skates.
Michel and Daria were the first of two Dutch Pairs, and Second overall: meet the new Dutch Pairs Champions: Daria Danilova and Michel Tsiba! But I must say that Nika and Dmitry are improving (3rd overall).

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It is with some surprise but also with great pleasure to announce that the Dutch Skating Federation has made Aljona Savchenko the National Coach of the figure skating centre in Heerenveen which will be started and developed this spring.

It will take some time as Aljona has strong links with the Ukraine (her birth country). Her parents are currently with her (in Oberstdorf, Germany), but she is still very worried about her 3 brothers. Eventually she will move to Friesland (the province where Heerenveen lies).

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Just a little note here: there will be lots of Dutch Female Skaters at the Coupe du Printemps in Luxemburg this weekend followed up by Lindsay van Zundert at the WC (next weekend) and Dani Loonstra at the EYOF in Finland (also next weekend). There will also be a Pair (Daria Danilova and Michel Tsiba) at Worlds.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I have not mentioned Synchro before, but the Dutch team Les Illuminette Jr is currently 17th (out of 23 teams) after the SP at the World Junior Championships in Innsbruck (Austria).

Here's a link to the results: https://results.isu.org/results/season2122/wjsysc2022/ .

With regard to the Coupe du Printemps in Luxembourg (only singles, no Dutch men at the start):

Sr Women: two Dutch women (only Starting orders): Frederique Koning and Cheyenne Knoester
Jr Women: three Dutch Women: Jane Knoester, Loïs Liebregts and Eline Seuren are 15th, 16th and 17th respectively after the SP, out of 17 young women. A fourth young Dutch woman (Jolanda Vos) had withdrawn.
Advanced Novice Girls: Only Starting orders as yet. There are 8 Dutch girls out of 28 skaters.
Basic Novice Girls: Five Dutch girls present. A total of 13 skaters.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Les Illuminettes Jr have ended 17th (of the 23 teams) at the World Jr Synchro Championships. First was the Finnish team Fintastic Jr, 2nd and 3rd were the two USA teams. Congrats to all! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Coupe du Printemps:
Basic Novice girls: Floor van der Pas and Mandy van den Dries are 2nd and 3rd respectively. Hurrah! :cheer2::cheer: Lucia van Stenis and Jazlynn Hoppener were 4th and 6th. :clap::clap: Kate van Mazeijk hed regrettably withdrawn.

Advanced Novice girls: only SP results yet. The first Dutch girl Roos Harkema is placed 10th. Good luck to all of them in the FS. :jump::jump:

Jr Women: LoÏs, Jane and Eline remained and finished in 14th, 15th and 16th place (the three last placements as there was another withdrawal though thankfully not a Dutch young woman this time. Total of 16 skaters). Well done girls! :cheer2::cheer2:

Sr Women: Frederique and Cheyenne are standing 9th and 10th after the SP. Good luck in the FS. :hap10::hap10:

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Some final remarks regarding the Coupe du Printemps:

Sr Women: Frederique Koning and Cheyenne Knoester remained in 9th and 10th place. Their skates were better though. Well done. :cheer::cheer:

Advanced Novice Girls: Roos Harkema was 10th (out of 25 girls). Well done Roos! :clap::cheer: The other Dutch girls were 15th (Josefine Boer), 16th (Gabi Loonstra), 17th (Smilla Egmont-Petersen), 18th (Olivia Ender), 22nd (Sharon Luit) and 23rd (Magali Emmerik). Nice to see them all there and well done to you as well! :hap10::hap10::jump::jump:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
At the WC in Montpellier Lindsay van Zundert is in the 18th place after the SP. We will see her again this WC, that's for sure (unless she tests positive for COVID-19 which I hope not)!

I'll be back this evening with some more info about the WC but also about the EYOF 2022 as Dani Loonstra is currently skating her SP there.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I'm back.

Daria Danilova and Michel Tsiba are at the WC for the pairs and are currently 11th after the SP. :cheer::cheer:Well done!

At the EYOF (singles competition only) Dani Loonstra is 6th after the SP (out of 32 skater). Good for her. :hap10::hap10:

I'll be back tomorrow!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Daria and Michel ended in 9th place at the WC. Two pairs next year. That's great.

Dani Loonstra (Jr woman) was 11th out of 31 at the EYOF.