Entries and tickets | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Entries and tickets

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Last year the kiss&cry was in the A10 sector, while the judges were in the opposite A4 sector. I expect it to be the same also this year. I think middle part of A10/A4 should be good enough, to see everything just fine. :)

Can you plz share what the temperature was inside, roughly? I need to know what I should wear. For Euro 2016 it was warm enough for me not to need a winter jacket, but this is a much smaller competition.

kaiba1986

Rinkside
Can you plz share what the temperature was inside, roughly? I need to know what I should wear. For Euro 2016 it was warm enough for me not to need a winter jacket, but this is a much smaller competition.

Last year, I was there only for one day afternoon session and the temperature in arena was pleasant (don't know the exact temperature though). End of september is usually still nice and warm in Slovakia, so according to that :laugh: I wore jeans, sneakers, long sleeve t-shirt and I had a fleece/softshell jacket just to be sure. So no winter jacket and I was fine. :)

Tulipstar

Medalist
Last year the kiss&cry was in the A10 sector, while the judges were in the opposite A4 sector. I expect it to be the same also this year. I think middle part of A10/A4 should be good enough, to see everything just fine. :)

Thank you :thank:
So, it's best not to sit too close to the rink?

kaiba1986

Rinkside
Thank you :thank:
So, it's best not to sit too close to the rink?

I wouldn't say very close to the rink is a bad place, only that there are the ice rink shields and some don't like them. You don't have that feeling, you can touch the skater :laugh:. So it depends on your preferences. I like being a little higher like row 4,5,6.

Check this photo I took last year. I was sitting in A4 sector (judges side) probably row 7 and you see the opposite A10 (kiss&cry). Besides places right behind kiss&cry, everything is fine. Depends on what you prefer.
https://ibb.co/deVTbk

Tulipstar

Medalist
I wouldn't say very close to the rink is a bad place, only that there are the ice rink shields and some don't like them. You don't have that feeling, you can touch the skater :laugh:. So it depends on your preferences. I like being a little higher like row 4,5,6.

Check this photo I took last year. I was sitting in A4 sector (judges side) probably row 7 and you see the opposite A10 (kiss&cry). Besides places right behind kiss&cry, everything is fine. Depends on what you prefer.
https://ibb.co/deVTbk

You're very kind; giving so much useful information and even including a photo.

Ďakujem vám:agree:

surimi

Record Breaker
Last year, I was there only for one day afternoon session and the temperature in arena was pleasant (don't know the exact temperature though). End of september is usually still nice and warm in Slovakia, so according to that :laugh: I wore jeans, sneakers, long sleeve t-shirt and I had a fleece/softshell jacket just to be sure. So no winter jacket and I was fine. :)

Thank you. I've chosen A5, 2nd row. Looking forward to hopefully meeting you guys there! I also hope I'll be able to figure out a way to get my presents to my favorite skaters; those I have in mind are not very suitable for getting thrown onto the ice. :scratch3:

surimi

Record Breaker
With a little over a week till Nepela trophy: Who is coming? I'll be there for sure. Anyone else? I need to ask beforehand, as I'd love to meet any GSers who are going to attend, but I'll be without internet access during my stay. ^ ^

And a quetion for the Slovak posters here: can one buy tickets for the public transport at the main railway station in Bratislava? Like, is there a ticket booth or something there? I'd like to avoid the standard ticket machines and exchanging money to get change if possible...

icedance

On the Ice
With a little over a week till Nepela trophy: Who is coming? I'll be there for sure. Anyone else? I need to ask beforehand, as I'd love to meet any GSers who are going to attend, but I'll be without internet access during my stay. ^ ^

I'm coming! :hap85:

kurama45

Rinkside
And a quetion for the Slovak posters here: can one buy tickets for the public transport at the main railway station in Bratislava? Like, is there a ticket booth or something there? I'd like to avoid the standard ticket machines and exchanging money to get change if possible...
Info about tickets for public transport can be found here: https://imhd.sk/ba/doc/en/10221/Ticket-shops
You can buy your tickets also in some kiosk or local store.

Tulipstar

Medalist

I'll be there. You can recognize me by a T-shirt with the rabbit of Alice in Wonderland on it (at least on Friday). Please come and say hi :hap10:

kaiba1986

Rinkside
The weather in Slovakia is not very nice currently, lots of rain and temperature around 16 degrees Celsius.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Have we got a proper schedule for this one yet?

viennaskater

Medalist
I plan to go on Saturday and would be happy to say hello to anyone here who is going. My partner usually comes with me but can't make it this time :eek:hwell:

Tulipstar

Medalist
Am looking forward to seeing you there (and the wonderful skaters of course :thumbsup: ).

I'll bring Dutch waffles, so if you like to try one, tap my shoulder :)