Alexa Scimeca Knierim/Chris Knierim
Deanna Stellato/Nathan Bartholomay

Ice Dance
Julia Biechler/Damian Dodge
Kaitlin Hawayek/Jean-Luc Baker
Madison Hubbell/Zachary Donohue

charmblade

Final Flight
This is a really good lineup. I'm sad I'll be away at a wedding that weekend and won't be able to watch live. And we don't even know the international skaters yet.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Wow. The US entries alone make it already a great competition!

Marin Honda and Kaori Sakamoto are also expected. Even more awesome...

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why are the US only using 3 spots for Ice Dance? With all the depth the US has in Ice Dance coming up with a 4th team should be easy maybe M/C or the Parsons getting their feet wet with their first major international competition as Seniors.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dangit, Max's presence means I'll have to buy IN and hope that their stream actually frigging works.

Also, Max vs Chen.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why are the US only using 3 spots for Ice Dance? With all the depth the US has in Ice Dance coming up with a 4th team should be easy maybe M/C or the Parsons getting their feet wet with their first major international competition as Seniors.

Agreed!!!!

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Dangit, Max's presence means I'll have to buy IN and hope that their stream actually frigging works.

Aren't the Challenger events streamed free via the ISU site? (Or maybe I'm thinking JGP.) I don't remember watching Challenger on IN in the past.

ETA: Just checked IN for last year; they streamed the Classic but not the other Challenger events.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aren't the Challenger events streamed free via the ISU site? (Or maybe I'm thinking JGP.) I don't remember watching Challenger on IN in the past.

ETA: Just checked IN for last year; they streamed the Classic but not the other Challenger events.

Nope. And I'm pretty sure that the only CS event we had to pay to watch was the US Classic on IN - and it was probably the worst stream of all of them (even beating choppy Lombardia and dreadful Golden Spin).

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
However, the IN tape was clear and watchable on video later.

While some programs from Lombardia were neither viewable upon the initial viewing nor recoverable later.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
However, the IN tape was clear and watchable on video later.

While some programs from Lombardia were neither viewable upon the initial viewing nor recoverable later.

This is true. However, again, the Lombardia stream was free, and archiving the stream was not expected. To watch the US Classic, a viewer had to pay $50 USD for an IN subscription - which would be otherwise useless to them if they were outside the US! - and almost the entire stream was unwatchable barring a few patches here and there. I would argue more of the Lombardia stream was watchable than US Classic.

One of the signatories of the petition that went around after US Classic last year was Mama Dodds, whose sons (Matthew, Andrew and Jordan) were all competing in Salt Lake City, and for whom the live stream was the only way to see them compete. Being Australian living in Australia, she had to pay the full $50 USD (closer to $60 AUD) for one competition and then the stream was totally unwatchable during her sons' skates. Is this acceptable to you?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
The ISU really needs to do something about making streaming better and more standardized. I remember the Nepela stream also had major issues, especially when fan favourites were skating. It's unreasonable to expect people who just want to watch one CS event to pay $50. If they really want to charge for a stream they should offer a 1 event pass or something that is cheaper.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The ISU really needs to do something about making streaming better and more standardized. I remember the Nepela stream also had major issues, especially when fan favourites were skating. It's unreasonable to expect people who just want to watch one CS event to pay $50. If they really want to charge for a stream they should offer a 1 event pass or something that is cheaper.

IN used to have a single-event pass. $12.95. Then the first year I wanted to use them for US Nationals, they had scrapped it. Now, no matter where in the world you are, whether you are geoblocked, or how many events you intend on using their service for, it's $50.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
This is true. However, again, the Lombardia stream was free, and archiving the stream was not expected. To watch the US Classic, a viewer had to pay $50 USD for an IN subscription - which would be otherwise useless to them if they were outside the US! - and almost the entire stream was unwatchable barring a few patches here and there. I would argue more of the Lombardia stream was watchable than US Classic.

One of the signatories of the petition that went around after US Classic last year was Mama Dodds, whose sons (Matthew, Andrew and Jordan) were all competing in Salt Lake City, and for whom the live stream was the only way to see them compete. Being Australian living in Australia, she had to pay the full $50 USD (closer to $60 AUD) for one competition and then the stream was totally unwatchable during her sons' skates. Is this acceptable to you?

Cant you watch US Nationals on Ice Network?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Of course, it's a shame that IN does not have a separate price for international viewers who can't view the rest of the season. They should, IMO.

But $50 for the entire season is an exceptionally good deal, even if one must often wait a couple days to watch the video. Not arguing your point about the cost for one event at all, only the supposed idea that the other streams are better. Often they are not. Sometimes the camera is a million miles away. Sometimes the sound is so low you have a hard time hearing it. Throughout the JGP, the sound was often off from the music & unwatchable. It's the nature of the beast.

No one says you have to pay for IN. I wouldn't for one event. But it's better than no option, which is a very plausible alternative. Since Skate Detroit cost $45.00 and didn't work at all or provide video, perhaps consider that. You do not rely on IN for most of your skating coverage.

Many of us do.