Favorite EX Programs | Golden Skate

Favorite EX Programs

owl

On the Ice
Not sure if this topic has already been brought up, but I can't find a thread on it in the first ten pages on the forum. Anyways, so what are your favorite exhibition programs? Which do you wish skaters would use for competition? I haven't watched very many (it's hard enough keeping up with competitive programs :laugh:) but out of the ones I have seen, I think my favorite would be Brian Joubert's EX to "Hallelujah" for 2009 W. There are harder programs, for sure, and the beginning is really strange, but I still love it :biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yulia's Kill Bill!!

http://youtu.be/eS3PW9KZjWE

So energetic and pretty much a mystery because she only did it once. Her fans are always beggin for it to become a competitive program.

Radionova's Zombie is pretty cool too. I've sent that video link to so many non FS fans and got nothing but great feedback.

Weathergal

Medalist
The ShibSibs' EX to Coldplay this past season...which is now going to be reworked into an FD for next season!:cheer:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The ShibSibs' EX to Coldplay this past season...which is now going to be reworked into an FD for next season!:cheer:

Agree that the Shibutanis ex was great :).

But I think it is premature to say that it is being reworked into their new FD.

What we know is that their new FD will use a different Coldplay song and that they are working once again with Peter Tchernyshev on choreo.

I'd say that we have no way of knowing how much or how little the two programs will resemble each other.

But I understand the high hopes for their new FD :).

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Mao's Por una cabeza
Mao's Caprice
Mao's Chopin
Mao's So deep is the night

Yuzuru's Hello I love you
Yuzuru's White legend

Daisuke's Amelie
Daisuke's Mambo sp turned Ex
Daisuke's Bachelorette
Daisuke's Caravan
Daisuke's Eye
Daisuke's Tango de Roxanne
Daisuke with Yuzuru's music
Daisuke's program to awful Nelly Furtado song

Akiko's Cirque du Soleil
Daisuke and Akiko's Libertango (and variation with Kenji)
Maosuke's Christmas program (but it is more because i want them to get married and have prodigy figure skating babies)

Elena and Anton's The kid

and of course Evgeni's SEX BOMB

Last edited:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Oh, there are tons of great ones--might find time to write a list later--but for now, I can definitely give a shout out to Sasha's original Romeo & Juliet program. Also Viktor Petrenko's Olympic exhibition. He was like an ENTIRELY different skater! Plus three triple axles. Sheesh. As for this season, I like the Shibutanis', Pang & Tong's from 4cc, Denis's Mi Mancherai, and Cappellini & Lanotte's Fireflies.

Weathergal

Medalist
Agree that the Shibutanis ex was great :).

But I think it is premature to say that it is being reworked into their new FD.

What we know is that their new FD will use a different Coldplay song and that they are working once again with Peter Tchernyshev on choreo.

I'd say that we have no way of knowing how much or how little the two programs will resemble each other.

But I understand the high hopes for their new FD :).

Golden, thanks for the correction--I misunderstood and thought they were reworking their EX program with the same song. Either way, I think it could be a great move for them and look forward to it. I'm hoping they can recapture the magic!

Amei

Record Breaker
- Yulia Lipnitskaia - Kill Bill, sign me up as 1 that think this should be experimented with for making it a competition program
- Sasha Cohen - Hernando's Hideaway, To Love You More, Romeo and Juliet
- Jozef Sabovcik - My Sacrifice
- Scott Hamilton - Miracle and Figaro
- Philippe Candeloro - Wild Wild West
- Volosozhar and Trankov - Somebody to Die For
- Todd Eldredge - Il Mare Calmo Della Sera

Barb

Record Breaker
Mao Por una cabeza, Ballade 1, Caprice, So deep is the night
Shibs O
Daisuke Eye
Sasha R&J
Akiko Libertango

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The music for this freaks me out, but Plushy's Asisiay Exhibition at 2004 Worlds is just too awesome! Took me ages to figure out how that costume worked. :laugh:

And this one 2003 with the giant head - who skates in a giant paper mache of their own head? :laugh2:

I love all of Plushy's exhibition programs to be honest!

In the realm of professional programs, Mambo No. 5 by Viktor Petrenko is legendary.