French National Championships, 14–16 December 2017 | Golden Skate

French National Championships, 14–16 December 2017

Andrea82

Medalist
Championnat de France ELITE Synerglace 2017
Nantes - December 14th-16th, 2017

INFO https://ffsg.org/evenement/championnats-de-france-elite-2017-nantes/

Schedule: https://ffsg.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/SCHEDULE-ELITE.pdf

Results https://web.archive.org/web/20180521045210/http://www.csndg.org/resultats/ELITES-2017/index.htm

Thursday 14th

15:05 Ladies SP
16:25 Pairs SP

Friday 15th

12:15 Short Dance
13:20 Pairs FS
14:40 Ladies FS
16:15 Men SP

Saturday 16th

14:25 Men FS
16:00 Free Dance

ENTRIES

LADIES

CROZET Alizée
FROETSCHER Julie
LECAVELIER Laurine
MEITE Maé Bérénice
PEROTIN Cassandra
PIEGAD Océane
RAMOND Sandra
SERNA Léa
WANNER Pauline

MEN

LEWTON BRAIN Davide
AYMOZ Kévin
BESSEGHIER Chafik
DONICA Julian
ECONOMIDES Luc
LE MAY Landry
PONSART Romain
SEREIR Lotfi
SIAO HIM FA Adam
TESSON Adrien
WARREN Philip

Reserves : FRECHON Yann – BOUVART Tom – COLLET Maxence

PAIRS

JAMES Vanessa / CIPRES Morgan
ESBRAT Lola / NOVOSELOV Andreï
MENDOZA Camille / KOVALEV Pavel
HAMON Cléo / STREKALIN Denys

Reserves : KERIVEN Coline / PIERRE Noël Antoine

ICE DANCE

PAPADAKIS Gabriella / CIZERON Guillaume
LAURIAULT Marie-Jade / LE GAC Romain
ABACHKINA Angélique / THAURON Louis
ALESSANDRINI Lorenza / SOUQUET Pierre

Last edited by a moderator:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm confused. I didn't think that Davide Lewton Brain skated for France?

Nirti

Medalist
Typically French Fed. We have the chance to have 5 pairs, but there's a cut at 4! But let's see if Hamon/Strekalin will compete, they are automatically qualified based on their results, but never skated at senior level?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm confused. I didn't think that Davide Lewton Brain skated for France?

Monaco doesn't have many skaters, so having their own championship would be pretty meaningless. Instead, they compete in the French Championships. It means they have more opposition to measure themselves up against.

Same in football, actually. In fact, AS Monaco won the French League 1 last season.

CaroLiza_fan

patinage_adulte

On the Ice
Typically French Fed. We have the chance to have 5 pairs, but there's a cut at 4! But let's see if Hamon/Strekalin will compete, they are automatically qualified based on their results, but never skated at senior level?

of course they compet !!! 1st time at senior level, it’s a very good experience for them but true it’s sad for the 5th pair !!!!

Alex D

Record Breaker
The Ladies line UP is insane. So much talent on the ice there! I have mentioned many of these Ladies in my columns before, shame I can not go due Handball Worlds. :(

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So many of my favourites here! Fingers crossed that Chafik Besseghier is fully over the collapsed lung and that Laurine Lecavelier has finally got her FS working...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
So many of my favourites here! Fingers crossed that Chafik Besseghier is fully over the collapsed lung and that Laurine Lecavelier has finally got her FS working...

Wishing Chafik well. I miss him. I will be torn over the final result in ladies too. It's highly likely that Laurine will be the one to go to Olympics, but Mae is finally putting herself together. However, France has only one Olympic spot in ladies.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wishing Chafik well. I miss him. I will be torn over the final result in ladies too. It's highly likely that Laurine will be the one to go to Olympics, but Mae is finally putting herself together. However, France has only one Olympic spot in ladies.

Chafik apparently did pretty well at the Cup of Tyrol recently - first in the short program, third overall - so I'm hopeful for him here.

I think you're right about the Olympic spot and that if Laurine has her FP together at this point she'll be the one to get it, as she's already tending to place better than Mae-Berenice in the SP, especially since Skate Canada. But France has two spots at Europeans, so at least we'll probably get to see both of them there. :)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, I had been waiting until an Entries / Results Page appeared before posting the Predictions Thread, because we have reserve skaters on the Provisional Entry Lists and don't know if they will be called up or not.

But, since the Senior competitions start tomorrow, I can't wait any longer.

Here is the link:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?67938

Thank goodness past experiences like this made me decide to make this a non-scoring round...

CaroLiza_fan

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
According to this tweet, the WD seems to be a precaution. They're not doing pairs lifts but she could resume training by herself, so it doesn't seem too serious. Thankfully.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Whatever happened to Anais Ventard?

Ah, thank you for bringing Anaïs up. I had forgotten about her!

Her Rink Results Bio dosn't have anything since the Bavarian Open in February 2015.

So, I guess she isn't competing any more.

And looking at the info box on her Wikipedia page, somebody on there has guessed the same:

Wikipedia said:
Retired: 2015?

CaroLiza_fan

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Ah, thank you for bringing Anaïs up. I had forgotten about her!

Her Rink Results Bio dosn't have anything since the Bavarian Open in February 2015.

So, I guess she isn't competing any more.

And looking at the info box on her Wikipedia page, somebody on there has guessed the same:

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks!
Yeah didn't know if folks had some inside scoop as to her whereabouts.
I really enjoyed her skating. She was voidy which I appreciated :)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
According to this tweet, the WD seems to be a precaution. They're not doing pairs lifts but she could resume training by herself, so it doesn't seem too serious. Thankfully.

That's reassuring, thank you! I hope everything heals up quickly for her.