7 Cassandra PEROTIN COLMA FRA 44.57
8 Sandra RAMOND CHAMP FRA 41.90
9 Oceane PIEGAD NICE FRA 40.89

1 Lola ESBRAT / Andrei NOVOSELOV PFV FRA 49.46
2 Cleo HAMON / Denys STREKALIN COURB FRA 48.36
3 Coline KERIVEN / Noel Antoine PIERRE PFV FRA 42.66

greig

Rinkside
Oh wow that is very close indeed.thought laurine would be ahead of mae by a few points at least in the short..will be an interesting competition tomorrow between the two ladies..hoping laurine makes the Olympic team but I have a feeling mae is going to get the spot.seems a bit more consistent this season than laurine..we shall see😊

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Thanks for the link! Finally had time to look at these - Mae-Berenice is definitely bringing it all together this year!

Looks like a fall on the opening combination cost Laurine the lead, though, as her slightly higher PCS couldn't make up the difference. I remember hearing a commentator on her IdfF SP (can't remember which one or track the video down, sadly) mention that Laurine was always a 'natural' jumper, meaning that she kind of worked by instinct and when things started to go wrong she didn't have the set of skills she needed to manage it, and what she's been working on with Kori Ade is redeveloping her jump technique so that it's more conscious and controlled. It makes sense to me that the process of learning a new jump technique would make things kind of shaky here and there for a while, until the new stuff gets ground into muscle memory and replaces the old, but it's just a shame for her that it had to happen this year.

Mattieu

Medalist
So has Marie-Jade got her passport yet?
I presume not, or we would've heard about it on social media :(

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Protocols for the SD : http://www.csndg.org/resultats/ELITES-2017/FE2017_DANSE_SD_Scores.pdf

P/C fell, probably messed up the twizzle, and seeing the PCS it could have been a nervous performance. Exhaustion from the GPF must be catching up to them big time.
The judges scored right along the GP series so that's a good indicator for the couples, instead of throwing high marks everywhere. They need that scoring for team#2 going into the Olys.

Very similar score for L/LG and A/T !

Mattieu

Medalist
Very similar score for L/LG and A/T !

As A/T are eligible for the Olympics, I suspect there will be a push to put them ahead in the FD.
The FFSG likes to send what looks like their strongest teams to big comps.
So I will be surprised if A/T stay in 3rd.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Protocols for the Ladies' free skate are up: http://www.csndg.org/resultats/ELITES-2017/FE2017_DAMES_FS_Scores.pdf

I'd say Mae-Berenice has the Olympics on lock! She had one fall, but everything else seems to have been great. Lea Serna placed second in the free skate, which is awesome for her, and Laurine placed third in the FS (no falls, but several underrotations and a tangle on the three-jump combination) and second overall.

greig

Rinkside
Dissapointed for laurine.will she get a spot in the world's now even assuming mae Bernice will more than likely get the Olympic spot?

Andrea82

Medalist
Pairs final result

1 Lola ESBRAT / Andrei NOVOSELOV 137.71
2 Cleo HAMON / Denys STREKALIN 123.92
3 Coline KERIVEN / Noel Antoine PIERRE 120.75

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Happy for Mae, gutted for Laurine. Congrats for the Pyeongchang ticket and allez, let's go for another olympic top ten! :)

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
Is there a synchro skating team Les Zoulous video?