French National Championships, 14–16 December 2017 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

French National Championships, 14–16 December 2017

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Happy for Mae, gutted for Laurine. Congrats for the Pyeongchang ticket and allez, let's go for another olympic top ten! :)
They'll both get to go to the European Championships because of Laurine's 5th place from last year. I'm sure they'll also consider what happens in Moscow before announcing who goes to Pyeongchang.
Whatever the "theoretical ruling" is at the FFSG to determine who goes to the Olympics, they're the prime example of a federation that does what it wants regardless...
I'm not a big fan of Laurine's programs this year (loved last year's SP), but I think she scores much higher on PCS. The judges here didn't do that. I don't think international judges at Euros will give Maé-Bérénice PCS that are just 0.66 points below Laurine's, especially given Maé-Bérénice had a fall, where Laurine didn't. If they both skate at Euros exactly how they skated here, Laurine will be several points ahead of Maé-Bérénice.
Still, no idea who the FFSG will send! :scratch2:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
They'll both get to go to the European Championships because of Laurine's 5th place from last year. I'm sure they'll also consider what happens in Moscow before announcing who goes to Pyeongchang.
Whatever the "theoretical ruling" is at the FFSG to determine who goes to the Olympics, they're the prime example of a federation that does what it wants regardless...
I'm not a big fan of Laurine's programs this year (loved last year's SP), but I think she scores much higher on PCS. The judges here didn't do that. I don't think international judges at Euros will give Maé-Bérénice PCS that are just 0.66 points below Laurine's, especially given Maé-Bérénice had a fall, where Laurine didn't. If they both skate at Euros exactly how they skated here, Laurine will be several points ahead of Maé-Bérénice.

I'm kind of hoping it's Mae, although I like both, because I don't like Laurine's free skate this year.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just had a chance to catch up with some of the videos, and I have to say I really like Chafik's SP! The music really stands out from the crowd and the step sequence is great.

jFarrisFAN

On the Ice

Mae has been scoring higher than laurine all season and I really hope the fed realizes that because laurine has not showed that she is ready for the Olympics and Mae really is earning her spot.

Pika

Final Flight

EC being just 3 weeks before the OG, I highly doubt it. At worst, they will do a test in January. But I'd say that Mae has almost punched her ticket.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Warren treated us to a backflip while exiting the ice :laugh:

Kevin was wobbly, we'll see if that's enough. Probably not.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Chafik was a bit messy but amazing comeback considering his health and he wins! Congratulations :hap10:

Andrea82

Medalist
Besseghier won. But Aymoz gets second place, hence the second Euro spot

Besseghier 234.03
Aymoz 216.50
Ponsart 212.08
Fa 210.59

Plumededragon

Medalist
I feel with Ponsart. It was probably his last chance.
He had a chance to rise when he was with Joubert, but unfortunately it didn't work out since the Master's. I don't believe he'll ever be a top French skater now. Kevin and Adam are younger and getting better (and Kevin doesn't even have a quad yet!). Of course, the kids technical point is still not there (jumps still too wild) but compared to before, there's progress. For having seen Adam skating in St Gervais last year, the difference between last year and this year is huge!

Plumededragon

Medalist
Protocols : http://www.csndg.org/resultats/ELITES-2017/FE2017_DANSE_FD_Scores.pdf

Remember : we still don't know about Marie-Jade citizenship situation.
Lol at judges not wanting to give P/C that last level to save that big score :laugh: (remember perfect score in FD = 124.70)
Watching protocols, A/T and L/LG would have been very close if not for the lift.
Lol soooo close to a perfect 60.0 in PCS! I think only Davis/White have done it for US Nationals in 2014, right? Or is my memory fuzzy? :laugh:

And yes the score for 2nd place would have been close if it wasn't for that fall. I don't recall what are L/LG results compared to A/T this season. Did they have a better outing or not?

Mattieu

Medalist
Oh no... :( I wanted them to go to the Olympics with P/C! I hope FFSG will still consider (I know it's one of the worst fed in the world, but you never know...)

Angelique has a passport, and I don't think Marie-Jade does, so Angelique and Louis will get the 2nd Olympics spot IMO

Plumededragon

Medalist
Angelique has a passport, and I don't think Marie-Jade does, so Angelique and Louis will get the 2nd Olympics spot IMO
I really hope so. No offense to the other team, of course, but A/T would really deserve it. And I believe the experience will help them grow.