GP France: Ice Dance thoughts? | Golden Skate

GP France: Ice Dance thoughts?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

While I enjoy Lopareva/Brissaud's RD, I'm really not a fan of the FD (although her dress is absolutely beautiful). I really wished the team/coaches could have picked something more modern to capitalize on her expressiveness, but that's just me.

I really liked Carreira/Ponomarenkos' FD - very nice! Hope they continue to improve and polish this as the score was higher at Finlandia Trophy.

Love seeing the passion in Fournier Beaudry/Soerensen's FD!

Guignard/Fabbri's theme is a bit hard for me to interpret as so many different pieces of music are used (four different soundtracks), but it's still pretty.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I really enjoyed watching the ID. I would have had C/P third instead of the French (mostly due to the FD) but that's just me. And it's not as if I'm going to challenge the point, L/B certainly did well. Really, really enjoyed B/S their FD. Wonderful to watch. And what can I say about G/B? Good Dance, but not very clear to me what they wish to tell (except that they love each other but in my view F/S did better on that score). No doubt about them being the best here but there is less of the feels. Well, at least for me.

rain

Record Breaker
While I enjoy Lopareva/Brissaud's RD, I'm really not a fan of the FD (although her dress is absolutely beautiful). I really wished the team/coaches could have picked something more modern to capitalize on her expressiveness, but that's just me.

I really liked Carreira/Ponomarenkos' FD - very nice! Hope they continue to improve and polish this as the score was higher at Finlandia Trophy.
Lopareva /Brissaud's FD is boring, unfortunately.

I like Careirra/Ponomarenko's FD, too. The best program they've done.

The other FD I really liked was Lauriault/LeGac, who I think were underrated.

Wasn't blown away by either Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen or Guignard/Fabri. I like the rhythm dance better for FB/S and the FD better for G/F.

Dupayage/Nabais and Lim/Quan are future stars.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
This has cemented my opinion that Carreira and Ponomarenko aren't expressive performers. I think they look blank much (though not all) of the time. And I don't just mean facial expression but their whole movements.I thought in that aspect they were the weakest team there.

And though scoring is variable in different competitions, Zingas and Kolesnik are not far off that score with a significant error in the RD. Green and Parsons are very close even though they've completely changed their RD last minute. Pate and Bye aren't that far off either. The Browns are improving at a fair rate too. And there's Hawayek and Baker.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I love Lopareva and Briassuad's free. It looked like they created quite an atmosphere in the rink.

And I love how expressive BOTH halves of the Korean team are. She could easily eclipse a partner (like a Chock and Bates vibe). The Italians look much improved since the Shanghai trophy and deserved the win. What strikes me about Dupayage and Nabais is how comfortable they look with that modern/interpretive style choreography. I think they're future stars.

Smart and Dieck lack that connection at the moment in my opinion. I really like how Fournier Beaudry and Sorenson perform and I love their RD but I think Gilles and Poirier have the better FD. It seems pretty obvious who's going to win at nationals