In Person / Practice Reports | Page 10 | Golden Skate

In Person / Practice Reports

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Well, I'm probably quite late, but this fan would welcome any updates whatsoever on Keiji. Thank you in advance. :]

I was walking around the arena to move seats during his run-through, but I think it was okay! No noticeable falls or bad pops.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
All looked good. I think that will be the podium, whatever the order.

Kaitlyn got a cut on her knee I think, but I think she's alright hopefully.

I think S/K are also in the mix. I mean they won the FD at SC (by a hair but still), although I'd love it if H/B get a medal!!!!!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Some quick thoughts on Ice Dance practice - the battle will be FIERCE. All teams in the final group (maybe except Lauriault/Le Gac) plus Vikita looked ready to go. It could go all about levels call. Hawayek/Baker looked like they were working on that RD since NHK, there's more detail and finishing in the choreo execution. I am biased with Piper and Paul so for me all was fab because of the program, the great balance in Tango aesthetic in it, how great it is musically and expression - wise. But Vikita have their game drama faces on and while my heart wish PSquared would take silver, my head says Vikita. It really could be about levels though...

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
Thank you for the reports and the vids specially of Dmitri, yes the Dima status requires more, but sill love him. He is the perfect package.

leoleo

Medalist
Stanislava's step sequence is straight fire in real life omg she had a shaky landing on her first jump during run through, the rest was fine! her skating is beautiful in real life! i missed almost all the first group of ladies :sad21: Rika was great in practice, landed everything, several 3As but also practiced all her other jumps.
Sotskova's dress is gorgeous in real life but she doubled a few jumps, she does look better than yesterday for sure!
Mai was solid in practice, clean run through, landed all her jumps too! the little kids that are here watching (the french fed brings kids to watch the GP every year) particularly loved Mai, they were clapping so enthusiastically for her :luv17:
i only saw Bradie attempt her 3lz-3lo once (successful but shaky) she didn't try it in the run through. I feel like she isn't in the best shape, jumped a lot of doubles! she gave a huge smile at the girls behind me who were clapping when she was leaving the ice :luv17:

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Everybody! Haha I thought the whole warm up group has to choose one or the other?

Skaters can choose to have their Short/Rhythm or Free music played in the Practice session, so practice either.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
But Vikita have their game drama faces on and while my heart wish PSquared would take silver, my head says Vikita. It really could be about levels though...
If P2 don't beat both S/K and H/B they are out of the final, it seems.
Yeah I don't think they would beat them both either. They don't have a history of being preferred by the judges and the new GOE rules practically make levels inconsequential. Also they don't have a history of always going perfectly clean when it matters.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I certainly will cheer loudly and wave my flags. And to be honest, I am excited for myself - despite having to sleep at the airport, having not so perfect French skills I enjoy the challenge way more than I expected:)
Sounds wonderful to me. <3

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Alright, men's group 1 are on now! It's 7.30am in France and the Pairs FS is ends around 9.30pm. that's a long day :laugh:

Any requests of videos or reports?