Korea revenge in 2018? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Korea revenge in 2018?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This thread is a terrible idea!! It seems like a majority of people want fair judging and would like to see reforms. This thread is a huge step back words in that regard. "MAY THE BEST SKATERS WIN"

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Can we note (once again) that Sotnikova had a great FS at TEB 2013 and recived 65 in PCS just like Wagner,
And has since done nothing to logically up her PCS 10 points there, between bombing the GPF and losing Europeans,
Not that it is logical to up them 10 points in 3 months between 2 great performances anyways ?

Hey, you don't have to convince me that the points for Adelina were questionable. My point was that Adelina didn't come out of nowhere and should have been considered a threat, because with a clean skate her score would skyrocket. Julia falling and the Olympics being in Russia certainly helped her along the way, but she was a favourite before Sochi happened.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth so no wonder it made the whole world blind and no longer want to bite.

If these sort of blatant fake judging happen in 2018, figure skating deserve to get chuck out of the Olympics for good until we get someone good and is interested to run it as a proper sport.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
lol, the Yuna fans are the definition of definition of desperate whiners :laugh:

get over it, Olympics is over time to move on :rolleye:
and the so called queen retired for good
hopefully all her bots will be gone along with her

Meoima

Match Penalty
I hope they will show that they won't do anything nebulous and prove that they have sportsmanship like most of the worlds, like Kim Yuna herself.

Frankly, it's not worth it. If you cheated, your whole government/federation/skaters...etc would suffer from lots of critics. That is not sportsmanship. You got cheated, then you cheated people back, you think it's good? No, it's only show you that you are as bad as the one that cheated you. Other people will think badly of you. In short term, you would be satisfied, but in long term, you will find yourself at disadvantage. People will be very doubtful about you, because they are scared that you will likely to bite them.

Look at what happen to Russia, people already say that don't let any events be held in Russia anymore. They would be more reluctant to trust Russian when it comes to organising important events. Russia Fed surely have the attitude of the boss, like: "So what, we am still the boss and we are the largest nation and we are a large/powerful fed, we could make lots of money from out people so we don't care." Meh, the world only dislike you even more.

Not to mention, people would find it hard to like the skaters of that nation. Look at what happen to Adelina, she has received lots of hates even though I am sure she does not have a clue about the whole thing. All she did was skating as best as she could, and the judges gave her the score, that's it.

I hope nothing like that will ever happen again to any other skaters. I hope Korean Fed won't do that to any of their skaters. If skaters have talent, they will shine their own ways.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
There may be no backlash in politicking, but I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium boos Sotnikova when her name is announced, or stays silent. Asians can hold grudges like nobody's business.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I wasn't aware Asians are known for grudges,

Sound kinda scary :eek:

Like that asian horror movie "The Grudge" :laugh:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Not gonna happen. There will be no Olympics in 2018 since there will be no world in 2018. Some nuclear explosion will destroy everything.

/endofthread

cebi26

On the Ice
I think that Korea has far more interesting things to do that to hold a grudge against a teenager for 4 years :laugh:

chloepoco

Medalist
It wouldn't matter if the judges aren't Korean, someone will be paid off to fix the scores and judging panel just like they were in Sochi. Adelina's scores were very much inflated. She hadn't even competed in a World Championship and her best PCS marks were in the low-mid 8's in the European championships.

I am so tired of hearing statements like this. Do you have any proof that anyone was paid off to fix the scores?

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
There may be no backlash in politicking, but I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium boos Sotnikova when her name is announced, or stays silent. Asians can hold grudges like nobody's business.

I can already imagine that, I feel quite bad for Adelina

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey, you don't have to convince me that the points for Adelina were questionable. My point was that Adelina didn't come out of nowhere and should have been considered a threat, because with a clean skate her score would skyrocket. Julia falling and the Olympics being in Russia certainly helped her along the way, but she was a favourite before Sochi happened.

I actually started a thread about Adelina before the Olympics stating I thought she was a threat and why.
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...is-writing-off-Sotnikova-and-Asada&highlight=

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
With the 2018 Olympics being held in Korea, I was wondering how much backlash there will be with Yuna Kim not getting the gold in Sochi. I feel the Koreans will get their revenge and the judges will mark down Russian skaters scores or increase other skaters marks. I am still baffled of how Adelina got such high PCS marks in Sochi. I think what happened in Sochi was Russia's way of revenge for the 2002 Salt Lake City games where they felt Irina should have won the gold over Sarah. But in my opinion, Sarah definitely deserved to win the free skate that night. I would have even had Michelle over Irina, putting her in 2nd place with Michelle winning the gold even with the fall. Irina's performance was slow,boring and she did have problems on her flip. Anyways that's just my opinion.
Let's see... Yuna Kim didn't win gold... Korea... backlash... REVENGE... against Russians... Adelina... can't let go of SLC, never mind Sochi...

Yup, it's Yet Another Thread created to moan about Sochi. Redundant.

And also this:
This thread is a terrible idea!! It seems like a majority of people want fair judging and would like to see reforms. This thread is a huge step back words in that regard. "MAY THE BEST SKATERS WIN"

cebi26

On the Ice
I highly doubt that Korea would bribe all the judges just for the pleasure of Russia not winning, when they have absolutely nothing to gain with since their only legitimate candidate to win is now retired.

jcsamex

Rinkside

At this point, I'd be highly surprised if Adelina (who I love) is still competitive enough to even qualify for those Olympics. The Russian field is so deep in women that I don't think we'll get to see another dominant figure like Slutskaya.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
^My thoughts exactly. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Russian skaters switched to other countries before the Olympics.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
the poster is nothing but a Yuna fan
they are like machines who keep spamming

this thread needs to be lumped with the previous threads made by the Yuna fans