Practice Cam Chat | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Practice Cam Chat

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Group C on the ice! Tomoki Hiwatashi, Joseph Kang, Yaroslav Paniot, Camden Pulkinen and Maxim Naumov!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh thank you my phone would never have handled that. It already tried to turn poor Jimmy Ma into Justin Amash.

jcmerman

Rinkside
You probably don't mean this literally but he came from Baltimore. Grew up skating with Ting and moved to MJM after high school. I used to follow him before moving from the area.
Thank you, good to know. I really enjoyed his skating.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’d offer up Tabitha but her overwhelming bias for blondes, red dresses, cute butts and especially pirate costumes makes her commentary suspect at best.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I see skate order is up for the rhythm dance and I guess they're doing random draws? Because Hubbell/Donohue are in the first group, skating fourth :eek:

AFAIK:

Hubbell/Donohue are skating in the second group -- first in the second group.

(First group has three couples; second and third groups have four couples each. Eleven couples total.)

The draw is not completely random.
Top five from 2020 Nats (who therefore had byes to 2021 Nats) are guaranteed to be in the final two groups.​

jcmerman

Rinkside
Also: Ryan Dunk was 2019 U.S. champion in Junior Men. :)

BTW, he has moved on from MJM.
He now trains at Skating Club of Boston, and his coach is listed as Suna Murray.
Oh I do remmeber him now that you mentioned that he was US Junior Champion. I was impressed with him last year and forgot his name. Love the discovery of new fresh talent. Thanks for sharing...

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
AFAIK:

Hubbell/Donohue are skating in the second group -- first in the second group.​
(First group has three couples; second and third groups have four couples each. Eleven couples total.)​
The draw is not completely random.​
Top five from 2020 Nats (who therefore had byes to 2021 Nats) are guaranteed to be in the final two groups.​
Thanks for the correction! I should've realized the first group would be more likely to have three couples than the last group.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As if, say, Tanith, doesn’t have her biases also? :)
Tanith actually works to hide her biases. Tabitha says “A pirate costume. There is your winner.” Which is probably not super useful. (We can all see it is a pirate costume you silly girl). Now if there were MULTIPLE pirate costumes...that would require more thought on her part.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw someone fall and took note because it’s pretty rare amongst our guys!