Practice Reports - Friday, October 26 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports - Friday, October 26

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Practice times for Friday (Eastern Time) are Pairs 8:45 am, Men 10:00 am, Dance 11:15 am, and Ladies 12:30 pm. This is according to the dreaded ISU color-coded schedule.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am ready to watch practices at work if there will be stream on YT like yesterday:laugh:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Men now practising in SP starting order.

Brendan Junhwan Daniel and Alexander M after Kevin

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Just out of interest, is there a reason a skater would attempt no jumps in the run-through other than not feeling confident about them? It doesn't seem like a good sign of things to come....

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Just out of interest, is there a reason a skater would attempt no jumps in the run-through other than not feeling confident about them? It doesn't seem like a good sign of things to come....

I wondered too. More mood, feeling the music, doing nothing than jumps. Until Junwhan :laugh:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I wondered too. More mood, feeling the music, doing nothing. Until Junwhan :laugh:

He looked so confused when they announced Brendan's name instead of him :laugh:

I've never seen Samohin skate before but he's a nice skater, even with questionable jumps and a slightly questionable shirt design :scratch2:

Tavi...

Record Breaker

Saving energy, I think. You donā€™t want to leave everything in practice on a competition day. Especially when theyā€™ve got the FS tomorrow.

Since live stream is geo blocked for me and others outside Canada, if you or anyone else have thoughts/ reports on how the guys look at practice this morning, we would be grateful- thanks!

Fluture

Record Breaker
Will someone live stream the practice again? I watched it from zagitova fanpage (btw, kudos and lots of thanks to this youtube account for streaming competitions even when Alina isnā€˜t participating in them!!) maybe theyā€˜ll stream it again. Or where are you watching the practice today?

How many hours afterwards is the competition scheduled? (Iā€˜m getting easily confused by the time zones, sorry. :biggrin: )

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
OK, he didn't show much tech, but I liked Brendan's short, which I haven't seen before. Dramatic ending.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Saving energy, I think. You donā€™t want to leave everything in practice on a competition day. Especially when theyā€™ve got the FS tomorrow.

Since live stream is geo blocked for me and others outside Canada, if you or anyone else have thoughts/ reports on how the guys look at practice this morning, we would be grateful- thanks!

Sure - I missed most of Roman, but Ted is giving him lots of compliments at the end about his general skating, so I presume it wasn't a bad!

Kevin had a good skate expression-wise, but didn't attempt any jumps.

Junhwan did a couple of jumps - 4S maybe, nice 3A but a little low on the landing. He had a step-out on one of the jumps, and he did a combo. He took a pause in the middle, he missed some of the living clock choreography I think :laugh:

Daniel did a quad(?) with hands down, popped a couple of jumps, didn't catch it all Don't think it went smoothly. But his overall skating is nice. Wearing quite a...distinctive...shirt.

Afraid I missed Brendan's and Alexander's except for the bow at the end!

Will play closer attention this time.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Will someone live stream the practice again? I watched it from zagitova fanpage (btw, kudos and lots of thanks to this youtube account for streaming competitions even when Alina isnā€˜t participating in them!!) maybe theyā€˜ll stream it again. Or where are you watching the practice today?

How many hours afterwards is the competition scheduled? (Iā€˜m getting easily confused by the time zones, sorry. :biggrin: )

The pairs SP is due to start approximately 4 hours (at 27 mins past the hour)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

I am no expert, but it could be to perfect more the rest of the program, non-jumping elements, focus maybe on spins' level, step sequence, 'gelling' the program more in terms of performance/expression, to have that freedom to focus more on this side of program and just conserve the energy like Tavi said above for later to power up with jumps.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Kazuki:
Short. New top - blue/white icy effect. A little OTT but I like it.
4S step out, almost fall, definitely -GOE
Solid 3-3 combo
Axel pop - very shaky

Elegant skate despite jump mistakes

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Or where are you watching the practice today?

I watch here click live 'streaming practice' with a VPN(a program that says I'm in Canada) Works for now, but sometimes not.

Men's competition starts ca 5 hours after their practises.

Now Keegan and then Jason.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Nam:

SP. No costume.
Pop on opening jump (was meant to be 4-3 combo I think)
Hesistant, took lots of pauses.
3A and 3Lz solid I think?