Practice Reports! | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports!

beki

Medalist
So the competition begins 5.5 hours from now and the ladies are already warming up in costume? I didn't realize that happened so far in advance. Or am I confused about the schedule?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
So the competition begins 5.5 hours from now and the ladies are already warming up in costume? I didn't realize that happened so far in advance. Or am I confused about the schedule?

They still get the few minutes before each group goes. This is sort of like a final short practice on competition ice to get a final feel for ice quality and how they themselves feel, so in costume probably to make sure if there are any costume-related issues, there's time to adjust now rather than 30 seconds before skating.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

Think of this as dress rehearsal.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Caroline Zhang is killing her 3Lo-3Lo (though it looks like 3Lo is just about the only jump she does). Not that she's a threat to Ashley, unless Ashley has a total utter epic meltdown. But props to her for even being in the outside-contender-for-a-podium-spot position after her career trajectory. A top 6 finish seems within the realm of possibility for her, if enough others make mistakes, and considering her last two finishes were 19th and 17th, that'd be awesome for her.

ETA: But god, she is sloooooooow. If she skates clean, it'll be interesting to see how she scores.

It will be tough for her. Comparing scores from different events is like comparing apples and oranges, but the score that she earned her pewter with in 2012 would have had her in 8th place last year. If the women skate well, I don't think there is much she can do to keep up.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Gracie looks goooood. I hope she brings it tonight!!

She's looking very on her game! Her 3Lz-3T looks good.

She hit her flip too, a little low but fully rotated! I'm cheering at my cubicle today! She's got this!

Her spins look faster than they have all season!

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
She's looking very on her game! Her 3Lz-3T looks good.

She hit her flip too, a little low but fully rotated! I'm cheering at my cubicle today! She's got this!

Lol I'm glad I'm not the only watching in the cubicle at work!

ETA: Those single flips are making me worried though...

princessalica

Final Flight
Gracie has some speed. She looks like she's conserving energy, but she has had some very solid jumps. It looked like she was warming up with easier jumps and hops before moving on to major jumps.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Gracie has some speed. She looks like she's conserving energy, but she has had some very solid jumps. It looked like she was warming up with easier jumps and hops before moving on to major jumps.

She was running through the motions then going for some jumps. She looks very good and confident! This is going to be an interesting nationals for sure!

mrrice

Record Breaker
You know who else is looking good. Evan freakin' Bates........The Shibs need to bring it if they're going to keep their title. In fact there's a really good chance that the US could have 3 teams in the final flight at Worlds for second year in a row. Fantastic...

pjskater

Rinkside
Gracie's spins are amazing. I hope she isn't feeling too much pressure and just skates for herself, probably very hard to do though.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Ruffled Grouse, present and accounted for! Who's on the ice now?

I think I see Gracie... and Mirai (pretty dress)