Practice Reports! | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmm, they are playing "Shake it Off" - should've had in rotation when Gracie was on.

Mirai looks good - I thought I saw her hit a 3A earlier? Maybe my eyes were deceiving me.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sounds like Amber was killing yesterday. I wonder if dating Nathan makes her focus and work harder. We'll see tonight.

And/or could be that dating Amber is making Nathan focus and work harder :yes:.

She was on the DL for so much of last season during the early months of their dating.

Last edited:

Lissy

Medalist
I wouldn't read into popped jumps in practice. It's incredibly possible that she had been planning on the pops just to get the speed into the jump and placement for the jump set in her mind without having to do the full jump. If a popped is planned in practice is can be a great tool to getting comfortable. Getting into the movement and ice preparation without the difficulty/energy of doing the full jump. Gracie looked confident overall.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I wouldn't read into popped jumps in practice. It's incredibly possible that she had been planning on the pops just to get the speed into the jump and placement for the jump set in her mind without having to do the full jump. If a popped is planned in practice is can be a great tool to getting comfortable. Getting into the movement and ice preparation without the difficulty/energy of doing the full jump. Gracie looked confident overall.

That is what I assumed Gracie was doing. Kinda blocking out where the jumps will be and testing speed. Not serious mistakes but obvious training warmups.

frida80

Record Breaker
And/or could be that dating Amber is making Nathan focus and work harder :yes:.

She was on the DL for so much of last season during the early months of their dating.

Good point. A lot of guys do work extra hard to impress their girlfriends. I'd like to think they push each other.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Video of yesterdays' mens practice run thrus for Nathan, Jason, Vincent, Alex, Sean, and Ross

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRubAujOd9pltdqyxWOO7fuHKBwvSdBj7

Thank you for posting those clips. Watching Nathan and Jason back to back was very telling. Nathan can certainly jump but, if Jason stays on his feet, IMO, He's the better skater between the 2. The problem for the Men is that Nathan has all the momentum coming in and they simply can't afford a mistake if they hope to challenge him. I can't wait.....

mrrice

Record Breaker
You know, I LOVE Alex Johnson's style. I love his program, I love the music, and his presentation. He just has to hold it together and he will make the final flight.