Practice reports | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Practice reports

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Like I always say, ya gotta watch out for all those 75 year olds throwing their water bottles. They must think they're at a hockey game! I brought along 3 caps and none of them fit! :laugh2:

Variable geometry replaceable wine bottle stopper anyone?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Ugh.... i feel like as a matter of principal that at venues that do this people should fill at least two bottles with water and dump it on the ground. this is BS and not right and we have got to find a way to make it untenable for venues to do this. "Sorry, they took my lid... of course water is going to spill all over!" Cost them enough... they will change.

StitchMonkey for president!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Like I always say, ya gotta watch out for all those 75 year olds throwing their water bottles. They must think they're at a hockey game! I brought along 3 caps and none of them fit! :laugh2:

I guess I always thought it was about keeping you from carrying around a refillable bottle so they could sell you more water at $4.50 a bottle but I now see your point. There probably are people who would throw water bottles at hockey players.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
That's an idea! Fill it up at the water fountain and hide in your coat! Go for maximum pettiness!

That's me! Six ounce water bottle and hopefully the water fountains are turned on. Its petty to not pay $4.50 for a water bottle without a cap. I did buy at SA a $6.50 hot dog and a pretty good ham and cheese sandwitch for $7.50. I got the last one during practice as they ran out of bread with 20 people in line. They had no idea so many people would show up at the one open food venue.
The beatings will continue until moral improves.

Hey, wait a minute. I gave a whole bunch of money to the Everett economy...but I am happy that THEY werent petty enough to deny me a 6 ounce capped water bottle for my meds and turned on the water fountains. And thanks for all the arena for help being so polite and friendly, too.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I guess I always thought it was about keeping you from carrying around a refillable bottle so they could sell you more water at $4.50 a bottle but I now see your point. There probably are people who would throw water bottles at hockey players.
That's right. Sadly, there are no water fountains at arenas in Latvia, but they still take off the lids from the water bottles that are sold, no matter if it is a sports event or a concert.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
That's right. Sadly, there are no water fountains at arenas in Latvia, but they still take off the lids from the water bottles that are sold, no matter if it is a sports event or a concert.

Wow...so maybe both answers are correct. Ouch.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've uploaded a few more of my fancams from the men's Thursday afternoon practice (sorry for the wait, but the competition and the crazy-long commute left me exhausted each night).

Shoma Uno SP (1080p) : https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wbq0u

Junhwan Cha SP (1080p): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wc0i0

Keegan Messing LP (1080p): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wbmji

I got to meet Keegan on that very same day, and he kindly posed for a photo with me! :biggrin:

Is practice open seating?

No, it's assigned seating for practice, but there are people who treat it like it's open seating. When I arrived to the rink, a woman was in my seat, and she tried to convince me that I should sit somewhere else. I wasn't happy about that, so I showed her my ticket with the section and letter/number, and I told her that I could ask a security guard who was standing nearby to resolve our disagreement. She then moved away without further argument.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada

nguyhm

On the Ice
That's an idea! Fill it up at the water fountain and hide in your coat! Go for maximum pettiness!

A coat with deep pockets can do wonders. I sneaked in a (half) sandwich at SA by having it in my coat pocket :). One of the attendants at the door was super nice, he let my friend bring in her water bottle - he saw it but told her to go ahead and brought it in.