Anabolic Agents - 17 Approved
Glucocorticoids (steroids) - 57 Approved
Diuretics and Other Masking Agents - 33 Approved
Hormone and Metabolic Modulators - 26 Approved
Peptide Hormones, Growth Factors and Related Substances - 12 Approved
Narcotics - 13 Approved
Cannabinoids - 8 Approved
Beta-2 Agonists - 20 Approved

Again, that includes applications outside of the the registered testing pool, which is what is relevant for elite (Olympic, World, etc.) athletes. We are really talking about the Olympics here, aren't we? The statistics in the report say that, for applications for TUEs from the testing pool, 180 substances were considered and 86 were approved. It doesn't say how many athletes received exemptions but it would not be more than 86 and it could be less.

lpt

On the Ice
We are really talking about the Olympics here, aren't we?
No, I am talking about US massive legal doping system. If today athlete is on Non-national level, tomorrow he can be on national or international level. So it is irrelevant.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Again, that includes applications outside of the the registered testing pool, which is what is relevant for elite (Olympic, World, etc.) athletes. We are really talking about the Olympics here, aren't we? The statistics in the report say that, for applications for TUEs from the testing pool, 180 substances were considered and 86 were approved. It doesn't say how many athletes received exemptions but it would not be more than 86 and it could be less.

86 approvals per year for Olympic sports is an outrageous number. And, once again, like in Simon Biles case the main question is why steroids, hormones, masking agents are approved? They heal faster? That's not the answer. Athletes have injuries. If some of them use steroids to get back in shape (Serena) and others have to take the non-forbidden stuff, this is not a fair game.

My favorite quote by an Olympic athlete about this topic was attributed to U.S. Greco-Roman wrestler Rulon Gardner. Gardner defeated Russian superman Alexandr Karelin at the 2000 Olympic Games. Karelin -- perhaps the most dominant athlete of all time in all sports -- had won Olympic gold in 1988, 1992 and 1996. Leading up to the Sydney Games, Gardner reputedly announced that he was trained and ready for the challenge:

"Now we'll see once and for all who has the best pharmacology team."

it is widely believed that close to 100% of the athletes in this sport were on a schedule of performance-enhancing drugs. You had to be, if you were serious about competing. Normal people, after all, are not gorillas, however diligently they train.

By the way, when Gardner retired from wrestling his weight shot up to 474 pounds (215 kilograms) and he suffered from a variety of adverse health issues.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
86 approvals per year for Olympic sports is an outrageous number. And, once again, like in Simon Biles case the main question is why steroids, hormones, masking agents are approved? They heal faster? That's not the answer. Athletes have injuries. If some of them use steroids to get back in shape (Serena) and others have to take the non-forbidden stuff, this is not a fair game.

It's 86 approvals for substances, not athletes. We don't know what, if anything, is approved for Simone currently, unless the WADA computer has been hacked again.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Obviously there is a Russian moderator here because posts disappear in this thread but a certain nationalist poster can say whatever rather want and get away with it. Shame on censorship here. Bias is given to posters from the dominant country in ladies skating. That is obvious. Multiple posts show that there is some mod here who is big on Eteri and many have Omer me that. So this may be an English speaking board but the Russian hegemony is bringing in the posters and maybe the money. Correct moderators? We are equal here or should be and a lot of people are afraid to speak their I
Mind because of the curating of threads that goes on. Some people are more equal than others. Famous quote. Anyone recognize the source?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Obviously there is a Russian moderator here because posts disappear in this thread but a certain nationalist poster can say whatever s/he wants and get away with it . Bias is given to posters from the dominant country in ladies skating. That is obvious. Multiple posts show that there is some mod here who is big on Eteri and many have pmed me that. There are Zhenya posters getting warned in her fan fest. Wow. So this may be an English speaking board but the Russian hegemony is bringing in the posters and maybe the money. Correct moderators? We are equal here or should be and a lot of people are afraid to speak their
Mind because of the curating of threads that goes on. Some people are more equal than others. Famous quote. Anyone recognize the source? If you don’t like an opinion simply politely accept it and allow EVERYONE free speech. Is that not the point of any discussion?

Last edited:
Obviously there is a Russian moderator here because posts disappear in this thread but a certain nationalist poster can say whatever rather want and get away with it. Shame on censorship here. Bias is given to posters from the dominant country in ladies skating. That is obvious. Multiple posts show that there is some mod here who is big on Eteri and many have Omer me that. So this may be an English speaking board but the Russian hegemony is bringing in the posters and maybe the money. Correct moderators? We are equal here or should be and a lot of people are afraid to speak their I
Mind because of the curating of threads that goes on. Some people are more equal than others. Famous quote. Anyone recognize the source?

Nonsense.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Not nonsense when we simply speak the truth. Some countries are doing state sponsored doping across many Olympic sports. From the top down this is sanctioned. That is why Russia is being slapped. Why should anyone be warned or infracted if they say the truth. It is not the Russian skaters or fans or people doing this but some acknowledge this and there are threads. I am not a propaganda victim but anyone who denies the truth should be called out. It is like being a climate denier. Facts are facts. It is very sad. I acknowledge that we have a leader who wants to be a dictator as well. Everyone everywhere should insist on truth. Some posters say things others get infracted a warned. It simply is not necessary to do this as long as people are polite. It is a huge sad fact in sport with the result of the athletes who don’t cheat getting banned with ones who do. It is endemic to competition but some countries have encouraged it from the top of their government hence the bans.

We want safe sports and clean sports right? That isn’t political.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No, I am talking about US massive legal doping system. If today athlete is on Non-national level, tomorrow he can be on national or international level. So it is irrelevant.

Not necessarily. Certainly not the Ultimate Fighting Champions. We don’t know what sports are included in the “other” category. We do know the test pool applicants are at the top and include Olympic athletes. I see absolutely nothing to indicate the USADA is cheating. The WADA allows TUEs, consistent with their rules. I’m sure Russia and other countries could protest if they found these rules unfair, but have not.

Some people are more equal than others. Famous quote. Anyone recognize the source?

It's from the political satire Animal Farm by George Orwell. The pigs took over the farm and ran roughshod over the other animals.

"All animals are equal, but some (the pigs) are more equal than others."

Orwell also envisioned a time (in the novel 1984, written in 1948) when government would become all-powerful by controlling the electronic media and all sources of information.

What is "nonsensical" about your post are your assumptions about a "Russian moderator." Our Russian moderator is a gentleman and a (figure-skating) scholar and the very model of a fair-minded, no-drama non-partisan.

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Obviously there is a Russian moderator here because posts disappear in this thread but a certain nationalist poster can say whatever s/he wants and get away with it . Bias is given to posters from the dominant country in ladies skating. That is obvious. Multiple posts show that there is some mod here who is big on Eteri and many have pmed me that. There are Zhenya posters getting warned in her fan fest. Wow. So this may be an English speaking board but the Russian hegemony is bringing in the posters and maybe the money. Correct moderators? We are equal here or should be and a lot of people are afraid to speak their
Mind because of the curating of threads that goes on. Some people are more equal than others. Famous quote. Anyone recognize the source? If you don’t like an opinion simply politely accept it and allow EVERYONE free speech. Is that not the point of any discussion?

Maybe next time I should store warnings and infractions I am receiving and we could compare them and discuss the equality and "russian moderators" then :)

Somehow I still don't understand the development of this thread.

McBibus

On the Ice
Not nonsense when we simply speak the truth. Some countries are doing state sponsored doping across many Olympic sports. From the top down this is sanctioned. That is why Russia is being slapped. Why should anyone be warned or infracted if they say the truth. It is not the Russian skaters or fans or people doing this but some acknowledge this and there are threads. I am not a propaganda victim but anyone who denies the truth should be called out. It is like being a climate denier. Facts are facts. It is very sad. I acknowledge that we have a leader who wants to be a dictator as well. Everyone everywhere should insist on truth. Some posters say things others get infracted a warned. It simply is not necessary to do this as long as people are polite. It is a huge sad fact in sport with the result of the athletes who don’t cheat getting banned with ones who do. It is endemic to competition but some countries have encouraged it from the top of their government hence the bans.

We want safe sports and clean sports right? That isn’t political.

Here we are with the same basic misunderstanding we have with a selection system that leaves out skaters like Alina or Zenya because there are already 3 russian girls qualified: we're taking career changing decision based not on the athletes quality and integrity but on the flag hanging over their head.
As I said in another thread there is an ocean between "representing Russia" and a simple "from Russia".
An ocean we need to cross and finally land where the interest of the athletes and not of the federations lies.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist

Not gonna comment on the russian thing. But i do find it weird that some posts get deleted without warning why others can post rude comments and get away with it. I myself have experienced it multiple times even though my posts are generally polite. Anyway, this is a comment on mods. Maybe next time when deleting comments, there should be warning or a message of explanation why it was deleted. I just find it rude TBH. And I paid membership. Maybe something that this website can improve upon. Just saying.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

Our Russian mod is incredibly fair, kind, even handed, intelligent and considerate of all cultures. I admire and respect him. To see you slander him in such a fashion is infuriating. You owe him an apology.

You want people to agree with you that Russians are cheating. They do not agree. They have the right not to agree. I personally think therapeutic exemptions have to be gotten rid of. That is a controversial viewpoint but I believe to fully level the playing field it has to done.

The board has a no politics rules. It is enforced. We ask again and again for users to keep politics out of your posts. Some of you ignore this rule blatantly. Then the whining and complaining begin. As always if you think a post violates the rules do not respond to it, report it.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Not gonna comment on the russian thing. But i do find it weird that some posts get deleted without warning why others can post rude comments and get away with it. I myself have experienced it multiple times even though my posts are generally polite. Anyway, this is a comment on mods. Maybe next time when deleting comments, there should be warning or a message of explanation why it was deleted. I just find it rude TBH. And I paid membership. Maybe something that this website can improve upon. Just saying.

If your comment is removed and you do not recieve a warning or infraction is is probably because you quoted a comment that was warned or infracted. Sometimes we have to do massive thread clean ups and to make a thread make sense we have to remove entire lines of conversation and so sadly worthy comments disappear. We try to send non punitive administrative notes but in some of these massive clean ups it doesn't always happen.

The best way to deal with a comment you feel violates the rules is the report it please. We are not in every thread all the time. We rely on people to report. If you can report comments promptly it helps us know that there is a problem and we can begin the moderating process. Also it really helps if people do not respond to these types of posts because then there is less clean up to do.

Also if people have questions about the moderation process they can always ask about it in the Feedback forum and we will be happy to answer.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
My favorite quote by an Olympic athlete about this topic was attributed to U.S. Greco-Roman wrestler Rulon Gardner. Gardner defeated Russian superman Alexandr Karelin at the 2000 Olympic Games. Karelin -- perhaps the most dominant athlete of all time in all sports -- had won Olympic gold in 1988, 1992 and 1996. Leading up to the Sydney Games, Gardner reputedly announced that he was trained and ready for the challenge:

"Now we'll see once and for all who has the best pharmacology team."

it is widely believed that close to 100% of the athletes in this sport were on a schedule of performance-enhancing drugs. You had to be, if you were serious about competing. Normal people, after all, are not gorillas, however diligently they train.

By the way, when Gardner retired from wrestling his weight shot up to 474 pounds (215 kilograms) and he suffered from a variety of adverse health issues.

After Rodchenkov defected Russia surely does not have one. He was supposedly a genius. Evil genius.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
658 US athletes applied to USADA for the permission to use prohibited medicine in 2018.
670 in 2017.
So many sick athletes in USA, it is so sad.

Some of these TUEs are for things like asthma, I know you’re being sarcastic but that’s a common condition among athletes as it can be triggered by exercise.

Don’t hate the player hate the game.

Draculus

On the Ice
Some of these TUEs are for things like asthma, I know you’re being sarcastic but that’s a common condition among athletes as it can be triggered by exercise.
You mean asthma is especially widespread in US?

Status
Not open for further replies.