Russian JrNats 24-26 Jan 2018 Common Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian JrNats 24-26 Jan 2018 Common Info

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Because she is only 17. Leonova was even with 18 World Junior Champion.

Yeah, age is irrelevant. It's a selfish, ridiculous move that the Federation never should have allowed. She is blocking actual Juniors here. She's an Olympic alternate! Has pretty much switched to Seniors yet is here blocking girls who are trying to get somewhere in Juniors.

If she gets JWC, which I fully expect now, at the expense of an actual Junior just joy. And no, she's not going to win JW Champion as Konstantinova internationally and Konstantinova in Russia are night and day. As seen on the JGP circuit, quite clearly this season.

starla16

Medalist
Yeah, age is irrelevant. It's a selfish, ridiculous move that the Federation never should have allowed. She is blocking actual Juniors here. She's an Olympic alternate! Has pretty much switched to Seniors yet is here blocking girls who are trying to get somewhere in Juniors.

If she gets JWC, which I fully expect now, at the expense of an actual Junior just joy. And no, she's not going to win JW Champion as Konstantinova internationally and Konstantinova in Russia are night and day. As seen on the JGP circuit, quite clearly this season.

my biggest problem with Konstantinova is if she steals a spot for a JW so its a wasted chance, we all know she wont medal in junior worlds, she will fall 3 or 4 times and get a 160+ score.

Fruitpie

On the Ice
my biggest problem with Konstantinova is if she steals a spot for a JW so its a wasted chance, we all know she wont medal in junior worlds, she will fall 3 or 4 times and get a 160+ score.

And most likely she will steal Gubanova's spot. I want to cry... :cry:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

Um Gubanova has a lot of work to do to get a spot.
She'd have to beat at least one of Trusova, Tarakanova, Kostornaya, Panenkova, Shcherbakova, and Konstantinova

Fruitpie

On the Ice
Um Gubanova has a lot of work to do to get a spot.
She'd have to beat at least one of Trusova, Tarakanova, Kostornaya, Panenkova, Shcherbakova, and Konstantinova

I want every girl to do thier best, of course. But with Konstantinova on the board it looks like the battle will be for 2 spots only. RusFed's love for this girl is too strong. Lets hope she'll skate perfect programms and prove me wrong.

The Finn

Record Breaker

I am not too worried about Stasya been here, she rarely skates clean and even if overscored a bit she still needs to do really well to beat Gubanova, Tarakanova, Shcherbakova and Panenkova. Stasya isn't going to beat Sasha or Alena. If she does beat all four skaters then I am fine with her going to JWC even though I prefer Nastia G or Anna or Nastia T getting the last spot.

Country
Russia
Training groups:
http://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1718/junnat1718_training_groups.pdf

It is a list of competitors too.

Ladies listed:
(by JGP)
1. Alexandra TRUSOVA
2. Alena KOSTORNAIA
3. Anastasia TARAKANOVA
4. Daria PANENKOVA
6. Anastasiia GULIAKOVA
7. Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA
9. Anastasiia GUBANOVA

(by Russian Cup)
1 Elizaveta Nugumanova 34 381,52
3 Ksenia Sinitsina 30 371,45 (not eligible to JrWorlds by age)
4 Alena Kanysheva 30 364,53 (not eligible to JrWorlds by age)
5 Viktoria Vasilyeva 28 362,52
6 Anastasia Kostyuk 22 357,68
8 Maria Pavlova 20 339,21 (not eligible to JrWorlds by age)
9 Sofia Moroz 18 337,83 (not eligible to JrWorlds by age)
11 Viktoria Safonova 14 332,46
12 Ksenia Tsibinova 14 328,31
13 Aleksandra Cherpakova 13 317,5

(by Coach Council solution)
Anna Scherbakova

Ladies not listed
(by JGP)
5. Sofia SAMODUROVA
8. Alisa FEDICHKINA

(by Russian Cup)
2 Ekaterina Kurakova 32 380,74
7 Ksenia Pankova 22 339,77
10 Alina Gorina 16 331,99 (not eligible to JrWorlds by age)

Ksenia Pankova - injury.
Why are not listed other four - I don't know.

UPD
There is info (not so reliable) that Samodurova - injury too.
Fedichkina - maybe not restored after injury (she WD from Nats because of injury).

Last edited:

luckyguy

Match Penalty
So, Shcherbakova can participate because of a Coach Council decision. I saw the videos from Cup of Moscow, and I don't think she is a contender for a JW spot at the moment. Even Vasileva seems to be stronger.

Country
Russia
So, Shcherbakova can participate because of a Coach Council decision. I saw the videos from Cup of Moscow, and I don't think she is a contender for a JW spot at the moment. Even Vasileva seems to be stronger.
Yes. But results of JrNats influence to JGP spots next season. So Shcherbakova needs JrNats.

And why "even Vasileva"? She is high level skater, unfortunately not so stable, but very good.

As for me, of these 18 girls only three are just "good", others "very good" or "excellent".

Last edited:

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Yes. But results of JrNats influence to JGP spots next season. So Shcherbakova needs JrNats.

And why "even Vasileva"? She is high level skater, unfortunately not so stable, but very good.

As for me, of these 18 girls only three are just "good", others "very good" or "excellent".

1. OK. This makes sense. I hope she is for the JGP fully recovered.
2. I know that Vasileva is a fabulous skater. I said "even" only because she is not considered as a favorite.:)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
This really is a curious thing to say, considering that Shcherbakova defeated Vasilieva at Cup of Moscow - That while obviously performing below her usual standards. Shcherbakova might not be able to compete for a jr worlds spot at this point in time, but if she happened to have 2 clean skates her potential for a high score is still very good. If that were to occur, I wonder how her PCS would compare to Tarakanova, Kostornaia and Trusova.

Shcherbakova skating clean has 38+72 TES potential, which just with PCS in the realm of 30+60 would be enough for 200+ total points, and I believe that this is a very conservative PCS estimate for her.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
This really is a curious thing to say, considering that Shcherbakova defeated Vasilieva at Cup of Moscow - That while obviously performing below her usual standards. Shcherbakova might not be able to compete for a jr worlds spot at this point in time, but if she happened to have 2 clean skates her potential for a high score is still very good. If that were to occur, I wonder how her PCS would compare to Tarakanova, Kostornaia and Trusova.

Shcherbakova skating clean has 38+72 TES potential, which just with PCS in the realm of 30+60 would be enough for 200+ total points, and I believe that this is a very conservative PCS estimate for her.

I saw only the FS, and here was Vasileva clearly better than Shcherbakova. Vasileva won with 126.73, ahead of Kanysheva (126.49) and Shcherbakova (120.25). Especially Vasileva's speed in comparison to Shcherbakova was impressive.

Grin

Medalist

May I watch that Coach Counsil with replays in slo-mo please?