Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Short Dance

cassiem

On the Ice
This is going to be an unpopular opinion but both V/M and D/W's short dances have fallen flat for me this season.
I did enjoy Weaver/Poje and Cappellini/Lanotte though.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
V/M: What can be said? Their perfect.:biggrin: It's so good to see them at 100% again. And that new lift is perfect.:)

W/P: I think the network is going to have to put a PG rating on this program before they show it on TV.:love: WOW. These two have improved so much in such a short time that its scary. I think they'll be leading the pack along with P/B in the race for the bronze at worlds.

C/L: I'm so impressed by the improvement they have made. Vastly more polished than the last time I saw them.

I can't believe I get to see these FDs live on Sunday. I think I've died and gone to skating fan heaven.:love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Tessa and Scott, lord they are fabulous technicians and artists, loved them. Very impressed with Anna and Luca. Out of all the programs skated tonight I thought their SD came
closest to projecting the Latin flair.

Tigger

Final Flight
I hope there isn't a late practice for something. Reason being, there won't be enough frozen ice out there to skate on after those last three performances.

YOWZA!!!

I'm still in stunned amazement, so can't talk in complete sentences at the moment. Maybe later once it all sets in, but regardless...WOW!!!

herios

Medalist
Tessa and Scott, lord they are fabulous technicians and artists, loved them. Very impressed with Anna and Luca. Out of all the programs skated tonight I thought their SD came
closest to projecting the Latin flair.

The italians through heritage have the flair for these dances. I agree that looked the most latin.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Love this program/ style on Tessa and Scott, more so than the overly lyrical stuff they've done in the past. Although of course they excel at all they do. Hard to choose between V/M and D/W, except that D/W are my faves. The ice dance field has such depth and it's so exciting.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kaitlyn always wears too much makeup . . . she scares me. It's a real shame that Anna + Luca had some lower levels on their elements because the judges did prove with their marking that they were prepared to rank them ahead of Weaver + Poje. They captured the Latin flair and mood and style of body movement much more effectively than Kaitlyn and Andrew I think and I think they had the better music choice as well.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't like W/P that much---she looked as if she was trying to outdo Madison Hubbell in that dress. The midsection of their program was too slow. I thought the Italians were great; IMO they were underscored and W/P were overscored ala home ice advantage.

V/M were good as usual, but I have to admit I don't like Latin programs much. They all tend to look and sound the same after you've seen two events.

Too bad about Chock/Bates' falls. He looked annoyed and upset in the KnC. He cut his hand and it had to bring back memories of other injuries.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I'm trying to come down from my cloud. The top 3 dances were great..and since I love all 3 couples, it was a perfect evening for me.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:laugh:doris, I thought I'd maybe rhapsodized enough all over the boards! To use a couple of analogies from one of my favourite animated films , The Incredibles , I often feel like the costume designer,Edna ( No capes , dahling !) but here , I was more like the little kid on the tricycle, sitting there wide-eyed,waiting for the next thrill( That was totally awesome !)

Tessa's latin dresses have all been good. I love this blue one, but you just know there'll be at least one more treat in store for us.

Love , love , love W/P..bold and sexy, no clutter, and they have the attitude to carry it off. They just command your attention , and then they confidently deliver in the dance . At least I thought they did. While raising the ambient temperature a few hundred degrees.;)

Anna and Luca come out looking gorgeous and maybe a bit understated, which as it turns out, is perfect , because you'd never want to distract from what they do with their bodies in the character sections.

H/G transformed themselves..they looked so, so much better.( Like they should be taken seriously)

And happily , there was no real travesty in the whole competition..P/G 's were the least attractive , but there was nothing too outre or offensive about them.

Happy me.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm not crazy about Tessa's dress for a Latin program. It's a nice dress, and she looks good in it, but it surely doesn't say "Latin hotness" to me somehow. My bad. I liked her Worlds and 4CC's FD dresses much better than this. I hope she changes it!

In fact, to me, it looks like Meryl should borrow it (or order a similar one) to do their promised program to Hail to the Victors. the dress has a cheerleadery vibe. All she'd need to do is sew an M on the front, and she's good to go.

I didn't like the color of P&G's outfits really, either. Agree H&G look better than at Finlandia.

I am still of 2 minds about W&P. Kaitlyn Weaver looks gorgeous in absolutely any outfit, and the cut is excellent, but I'm still struggling with the strings all over it. I always want to give those string covered dresses a shave. But I'll bet from the top of the arena it looks amazing . It's the close up view we get with TV that has me wishy washy about it.

KKonas

Medalist
I'm not crazy about Tessa's dress for a Latin program. It's a nice dress, and she looks good in it, but it surely doesn't say "Latin hotness" to me somehow. My bad. I liked her Worlds and 4CC's FD dresses much better than this. I hope she changes it!

In fact, to me, it looks like Meryl should borrow it (or order a similar one) to do their promised program to Hail to the Victors. the dress has a cheerleadery vibe. All she'd need to do is sew an M on the front, and she's good to go.

I didn't like the color of P&G's outfits really, either. Agree H&G look better than at Finlandia.

I am still of 2 minds about W&P. Kaitlyn Weaver looks gorgeous in absolutely any outfit, and the cut is excellent, but I'm still struggling with the strings all over it. I always want to give those string covered dresses a shave. But I'll bet from the top of the arena it looks amazing . It's the close up view we get with TV that has me wishy washy about it.

ITA with you Doris on Tessa's blue dress - it is pretty but no Latin look there. And that stringy thingy of Weaver is not really like a fringe, which would be better but not on an animal-type print.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't like the "remix" that Tessa & Scott use for their SD music... I liked their FD better... especially since the hip hip chin chin choreography isn't in there... that was such a great way to get into the footwork last year

emma

Record Breaker
ITA with you Doris on Tessa's blue dress - it is pretty but no Latin look there. And that stringy thingy of Weaver is not really like a fringe, which would be better but not on an animal-type print.

I have to agree on the dress too - I mean it's lovely and she is so to die for gorgeous that it almost doesn't matter....but it's the almost part; basically it's like we stop and pause and say: that isn't the right dress, ok continue dancing. But wow on the skating!

samba

On the Ice
I don't know why I thought Weaver was Madison Hubbell, maybe the way they looked or their costumes or their "trying too hard to look sexy"?? I don't like the animal print dress. I also felt the Italians were better than W/P. C/L look more natural and skated like dancers, love it!!

colleen o'neill

Medalist
;)Well I didn't say this was my favourite dress of Tessa's many latin dresses..( I liked the 4CC dress, too, doris..and I loved the pink fringe from whatever show that was )..But this worked fine ,and what I particularly like is that they seem to be leaning to bold colours for Tessa. I'll be eagerly anticipating the final version.( and hoping for a warm colour, which I like for latin )

I adore the red dress for tomorrow night ( I hope )and I hope that is the final choice,( just please don't use a version of the wedding dress)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I absolutely agree about the red dress. It looked amazing in the practice clips! I definitely agree the wedding look is the worst choice. Coupled with the choice of S'Marvelous as the last cut, it just strayed over into Been There, Done That, territory for V&M, and turns what is a nice change for them to do Broadway Musical style with Funny Face back into the Young Love theme they have thoroughly explored before.

I had forgotten about the pink dress from the exhibition, but I wish they would trot out that dress or something similar for the SD at TEB!! It would be a huge improvement. That was a really nice dress.