Ski Jumping! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ski Jumping!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
First Quali to Four Hills Tournament today! :hap10:

I wish there was easy to access coverage in the US. Four Hills is awesome!! Feel free to spam this thread with highlights and things I should look for videos and news of :pray:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I wish there was easy to access coverage in the US. Four Hills is awesome!! Feel free to spam this thread with highlights and things I should look for videos and news of :pray:

This would probably be an appropriate time to let you know about some contrasting news that I heard coming out of North America last week.

You know how I have been posting here about the sorry story of the ski jumping hills used in the Calgary Olympics. Well, the latest news in the saga is that the owners have told the Canadian Fed that they have until 20[SUP]th[/SUP] January to either start paying for the maintenance of the hills, or else get evicted on 30[SUP]th[SUP]. And, presumably, that would then leave the door open for the owners to do what they want to do, i.e. demolish the hills.

http://www.thegauntlet.ca/winsport-...a-olympic-park-as-transparency-issues-raised/

Meanwhile, South of the border, we have some good news. The government in Michigan has approved a $10 million grant to go towards the hills at Copper Peak and Pine Mountain. And it is expected that the bulk of that will go towards refurbishing Copper Peak, the only Ski Flying Hill outside Europe.

Here is the story on the Copper Peak page on Facebook (includes links to newspaper stories):

https://www.facebook.com/notes/copp...g-jolly-this-holiday-season/1933817950001105/

Copper Peak are hoping to hold a round of the Summer Grand Prix in 2020.

That will be so exciting on two counts. Firstly, to finally see international ski jumping return to North America. And secondly, to see a Ski Flying competition as part of the Summer Grand Prix.

If only the same were to happen in Alberta...

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
After Germans they lowered the gate, and now no one jumps far...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Noriaki will not advance to comp, but Simon Amman will

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Stefan Kraft being his normal self and leading so far. Austrians finally doing well this season

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Top 10 will be jumping now

- - - Updated - - -

Timi Zajc good, but nothing special

- - - Updated - - -

Welli similiar to Zajc

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Johansonn as well...

- - - Updated - - -

Klimov too.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Leyhe same

- - - Updated - - -

Forfang jumped way too worse than he can

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Ryoyu was fantastic!
He is the best Grand Slam winner imho, because he had to do a couple of his jumps in really poor conditions compared to the rest of the field.
He benefited from the new rule change this year (athletes are weighted without their boots, so they have to weight about 1.5 kg more), but I approve of this rule change, so I'm not complaining. And the other athletes had time to adapt over the summer, he's just the best technician at the moment.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Vier Schanzen Turnier, always interesting to watch on a lazy New Year's day.

Is there a mixed event also? Really like those team relay's in bobsleigh, luge and skeleton, adds some extra excitement and the joy of the competitors celebrating together is contagious.

Biathlon is an awesome winter sport too, such stamina and concentration.

Apparently these sports are well sponsored, as we get to see lots of events live on Eurosport (as opposed to figure skating unfortunately)

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Vier Schanzen Turnier, always interesting to watch on a lazy New Year's day.

Is there a mixed event also? Really like those team relay's in bobsleigh, luge and skeleton, adds some extra excitement and the joy of the competitors celebrating together is contagious.

Biathlon is an awesome winter sport too, such stamina and concentration.

Apparently these sports are well sponsored, as we get to see lots of events live on Eurosport (as opposed to figure skating unfortunately)
Yes, there is a ski jumping mixed team event. It's quite new (4 years or so), but it's going to be an Olympic event in 2022.
And yes, it's quite popular in Europe and Japan.
I'm not really into biathlon anymore, all those doping scandals made me lose interest. But it's a great sport nonetheless.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Yes, there is a ski jumping mixed team event. It's quite new (4 years or so), but it's going to be an Olympic event in 2022.
And yes, it's quite popular in Europe and Japan.
I'm not really into biathlon anymore, all those doping scandals made me lose interest. But it's a great sport nonetheless.

Good, the Olympic Movement is all about gender equality and such. Now, bring on the male rhythmic gymnastics and synchronised swimming, LOL (or drop these sports if not gender equal :devil:)

----------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator: