U.S. Figure Skating Announces 2024-25 U.S. Qualifying Season and International Events Schedule | Page 2 | Golden Skate

U.S. Figure Skating Announces 2024-25 U.S. Qualifying Season and International Events Schedule

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the bigger question is whether anyone will attempt to skate to โ€œSweet Caroline,โ€ what with Worlds being in Boston and all :)

You need at least some knowledge of other sports for the relevance of Sweet Caroline to Boston. I can see Rusty or DJ Romeo or whoever playing it during Zamboni time. With American fans singing along and international fans going "huh" :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Question, last year after the nightโ€™s events for Skate America were over, did the ones that go last year walk in a group out the stadium over that highway road thingy? Because Iโ€™m thinking of doing that. My husband and I were able to do that in Boston this year when we went to see the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 in that there were a lot of people walking in similar directions. So maybe at Skate America?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USFS is wasting no time with the promos for Nats, and the obligatory "Jason tours the Nats city" fluff piece

(took them longer to churn out the Jason in Columbus piece than this. ;) )

Seven Sisters

Medalist
See, not just international fans going "huh". :)

Ye olde seventh inning stretch, and I don't even like baseball.....
A quaint regional sports tradition and yes, during the initial season of the Cranberry Cup, Sweet Caroline was played in the interval before the last group of skaters took the ice. Locals sang along lustily and did the appropriate moves.

Admittedly there were also a few puzzled looks from the out-of-towners :)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A quaint regional sports tradition and yes, during the initial season of the Cranberry Cup, Sweet Caroline was played in the interval before the last group of skaters took the ice. Locals sang along lustily and did the appropriate moves.

Admittedly there were also a few puzzled looks from the out-of-towners :)

Wow, I didn't know that when I suggested DJ Romeo do the same at Worlds. Great minds and all that

Out of towners will just think that a bunch of Neil Diamond's biggest fans are in the audience....:laugh:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
You need at least some knowledge of other sports for the relevance of Sweet Caroline to Boston. I can see Rusty or DJ Romeo or whoever playing it during Zamboni time. With American fans singing along and international fans going "huh" :)

The song also has become popular with some UK soccer teams. And has been sung in London when the NFL plays games there.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
See, not just international fans going "huh". :)

Ye olde seventh inning stretch, and I don't even like baseball.....
It's actually during the 8th inning now.

Edit: Since I caused some confusion that I didn't mean to....I meant "Sweet Caroline is played in the 8th inning"

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ross Miner used "Sweet Caroline" as the lead-in music to his "Boston Strong" program to "Glory" by Michael W. Smith at the Boston 2014 Nationals. Typically, people go from the Red Sox game to the Boston Marathon. :(

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Putting it on the warm side. The average temperature in January for all states (excluding Alaska an Hawaii) is 31.8 degrees F. :)
OTOH, this Dec. I will be on an 11 day cruise to the Sea of Cortez and in April, a 17 day cruise to Hawaii. And tomorrow, a 7 day cruise to Alaska. But last weekend Barb and the dogs and I were the only tent campers at the cold Helena MT dog agility trials, so I need a break.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: