Where are these skaters? | Golden Skate

Where are these skaters?

badknees

Medalist
I guess I haven't been paying attention enough, but where are the following skaters?

Jimmy Ma
Camden Pulkinen
Jason Brown
Gracie Gold
Courtney Hicks

So many new names and young faces in the Grand Prix.

Also I can't seem to find the team envelopes on the USFSA site.

Thanks!

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Jimmy Ma and Camden Pulkinen each have two GP spots this year, so I'm not sure why you think they have vanished! Jason Brown opted not to do any GP events this year and focus on shows for the early part of the season, which is the same as what he did last year. Gracie Gold does not have the technical elements needed to keep her in the very top flight internationally and other US skaters who can achieve higher results on the international circuit are tending to be selected above her for international events. I know that US fans tend to believe that Gracie should be selected for everything based on her name and past achievements, but I feel that it is right for skaters to be selected based on current performance and merit. Courtney Hicks peaked a long time ago and has had injury problems in recent seasons. She hasn't competed internationally for around 5 years.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Jason is planning to do a Challenger type competition before US Nationals.

Gracie Gold is listed on the USFS 2023-2024 Roster. I do not know what competition she might be sent to.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
At this point it's up in the air about Gracie competing since she's been rehabbing an injury in COS.
I suppose the question there is - where would she even compete? I don't think she can do NQS, which means no Nationals (unless she has a bye of some sort?)

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I suppose the question there is - where would she even compete? I don't think she can do NQS, which means no Nationals (unless she has a bye of some sort)?
That's kind of the point now. She'd have to do something like 3 challengers (which this late in the season is almost impossible), in order to even qualify for Nationals.☹️

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Pooja's still skating in some regard: She's the co-captain of Brown University Collegiate Skating Team. She's also officiating.
I've heard of collegiate skating. Just very sparingly, and that not even topnotch expensive colleges have a skating team. Do they compete with other colleges, or just skate for fun and do shows?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if Gabby Daleman is skating this season? Does she have a bye to Canadian Nationals? Does she have the minimums for Worlds not that she is going to beat Madi in my opinion.

Also, what about everyone's favourite Gracie Gold. I haven't heard a peep. Is she going to Nationals? How does she look? Any news about P/C in dance - are they coming back? Karen Chen, Nathan Chen, Alexa and Brandon what are their plans. HB are they for sure going to Nationals? HOw are they doing? Daniel G - is he going to Italian Nats?

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if Gabby Daleman is skating this season? Does she have a bye to Canadian Nationals? Does she have the minimums for Worlds not that she is going to beat Madi in my opinion.

She skated at the Skate Ontario August Sectional series, scoring ~144. Apparently she's been injured judging by Instagram. She does not have a bye to Canadian Nationals as far as I know. A bye would require either a) top 3 finish and/or b) a Grand Prix assignment.

In some cases, a medical bye may be granted. While it looks like Skate Ontario gave her a medical bye to Skate Canada Challenge judging by the November sectional entry list, she is not on the entry list for Skate Canada Challenge this week. A bye could also be granted to Nationals if a skater has an international assignment within 7 days of Challenge, which would be Golden Spin of Zagreb for skaters not assigned to a Grand Prix. In that case, Skate Canada is only sending Roman Sadovsky. It looks unlikely she'll be at Nationals at this point.

For minimums, she only has them for the short program. According to SkatingScores, the closest she got to the free TES last season was 50.43 at SCI 2022.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Also, what about everyone's favourite Gracie Gold. I haven't heard a peep. Is she going to Nationals? How does she look? Any news about P/C in dance - are they coming back? Karen Chen, Nathan Chen, Alexa and Brandon what are their plans. HB are they for sure going to Nationals? HOw are they doing? Daniel G - is he going to Italian Nats?

Most of the US skaters you listed are on the US Nationals' entry list. Jean-Luc and Kaitlin are.

The entries can be found here in this thread in Goldenskate:

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
U mention if byes to nationals .bi thought an Olympic medal of any ki including team would warrant a bye to Nationals for Gabrielle Daleman.

THay being said .bit is up to her whether she wants to Skate or not.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
U mention if byes to nationals .bi thought an Olympic medal of any ki including team would warrant a bye to Nationals for Gabrielle Daleman.
From the Skate Canada rules, the bye for an Olympic medal

Automatic Byes are granted through their respective Sectionals, Regionals and/or Skate Canada Challenge to ... Senior competitors who place first, second or third at any of the previous three ISU World Figure Skating Championships and/or the immediately prior Olympic Winter Games in each case in the same Event discipline.

Immediately prior being Beijing, so she would not have a bye that way. And you are right, it is up to her if she wants to compete or not.