Where Are You Watching? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Where Are You Watching?

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I got lucky because my cable company was including Peacock with live sports until now. I signed up for the $4.99 package that includes ads. Will cancel after Nats and then sign up again for Worlds and then cancel again until the Fall.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Its hard to be from the last century,,,I went to the website for the olympic channel and found nothing but blind leads and flashy splashy pics and no information on what it IS. AND how you "get" it and how much it costs and if you need an app or ?. I even went to the events schedule and everything is greyed out and unaccessable. In short, it was create by a 16 year old and no focus groups with old people were ever created to test out the website. I am sure every 12 th grader in the world can use it, though....I was in the 12th grade in the 1960s.

auser

Record Breaker
Its hard to be from the last century,,,I went to the website for the olympic channel and found nothing but blind leads and flashy splashy pics and no information on what it IS. AND how you "get" it and how much it costs and if you need an app or ?. I even went to the events schedule and everything is greyed out and unaccessable. In short, it was create by a 16 year old and no focus groups with old people were ever created to test out the website. I am sure every 12 th grader in the world can use it, though....I was in the 12th grade in the 1960s.
Found this link further down in the comments of Jackie Wong's tweet referenced in @ptvvibezz post. I think it will list the stream for US Nationals closer to the date of the competition. There is a FAQ if you scroll towards the bottom saying essentially all you have to do to access the stream is click on the image if the broadcast is available in your area and that it is free. My notes from last year show that some of the VPN server locations reported to have worked with last year's stream were
Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Here is the link:

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Found this link further down in the comments of Jackie Wong's tweet referenced in @ptvvibezz post. I think it will list the stream for US Nationals closer to the date of the competition. There is a FAQ if you scroll towards the bottom saying essentially all you have to do to access the stream is click on the image if the broadcast is available in your area and that it is free. My notes from last year show that some of the VPN server locations reported to have worked with last year's stream were
Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Here is the link:
We must be siblings! I make notes on how to watch Japanese and Korean nats.... :laugh:
For ISU youtube broad casts, MFarone takes pity on me and sends me a link, which I then access through the forum on my laptop and set my VPN to Netherlands or Never Never land or some place and Voila! I dont like the way the ISU layout is but it works...there is no way to avoid spoilage on demand but oh well.....
To put a finer point on what you said, you have to go to EVENTS BY MONTH.
THEN you will get this

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Another option for watching U. S. Nationals has emerged::hap10::hap10:

https://www.jsports.co.jp/press_release/page/228/

Google translate: will host the US Figure Skating Championships (hereinafter referred to as "U.S. Championships"), the European Figure Skating Championships sponsored by the ISU (International Skating Union), the Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, the World Junior Figure Skating Championships, and the World Figure Skating Championships will be broadcast in all events. In addition, "J SPORTS On Demand"*2, which can be viewed on PCs, smartphones, and tablets, will stream all events and all runs of the National Championships LIVE.

Not sure if there is a charge. Probably requires a VPN but I'll try it out during Nationals if there is no charge. I spent a couple of minutes and it seems there is a charge for on demand viewing. I can't reach the page that shows the cost for on demand so I'll try out the live streaming during Nationals.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Another option for watching U. S. Nationals has emerged::hap10::hap10:

https://www.jsports.co.jp/press_release/page/228/

Google translate: will host the US Figure Skating Championships (hereinafter referred to as "U.S. Championships"), the European Figure Skating Championships sponsored by the ISU (International Skating Union), the Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, the World Junior Figure Skating Championships, and the World Figure Skating Championships will be broadcast in all events. In addition, "J SPORTS On Demand"*2, which can be viewed on PCs, smartphones, and tablets, will stream all events and all runs of the National Championships LIVE.

Not sure if there is a charge. Probably requires a VPN but I'll try it out during Nationals if there is no charge. I spent a couple of minutes and it seems there is a charge for on demand viewing. I can't reach the page that shows the cost for on demand so I'll try out the live streaming during Nationals.
はい
Hai! Thanks....Please keep us up to date on what you find. I dont mind paying for on demand, depending on the product. I havent checked SYWTWFS yet....but this site could be important now and in the future.

From international competitions to domestic student competitions, you can't take your eyes off the beautiful but harsh battles!
J SPORTS Figure Skating 2022/2023 Season Broadcast Lineup​

In addition, J SPORTS On Demand will deliver all events and all runs LIVE!
If they dub J and T and Rusty Kath in Japanese, I will be laughing so hard I will miss the competition.

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Looking through all available information I can find, I still can't make heads or tails of where I can possibly watch US nationals. Forgive me--I turn 74 in 3 days, thus am 'old' and far from computer--savvy. I have ONLY a desktop PC, paid Nord VPN, NO television access at all, and am unwilling to pay/subscribe to some dodgy-appearing stream in hopes that maybe it would 'work'. Thus, no amount of information about Peacock, etc, is of any help to me. I know I have managed to watch US Nationals before, but can't recall how, since everything seems to change year by year.

Since I live in the US, can I watch on the olympics.com channel if I set Nord to some country not broadcasting US Nationals, or not? Most if not all 'usable VPN' countries I have seen listed are NOT countries Nord uses at all. If so, will I need full URLs for each event? What about the Olympics You Tube channel using a VPN? Anything there?

Or, is there a country broadcasting 'free' that I CAN set my VPN to if I had the URLs for each day, or each event? Am looking mostly for the Senior events. I watched a competition or two last year by 'going to Canada' and watching their CBC channel, but I needed all the URLS. Each event had its own listing, and I needed all those numbers that appear at the end of the general URL to access anything.

Hope this post makes sense, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
YouTube TV offers a free trial. Last I heard it was 5 days. They definitely have NBC, and I think also USA.

You said you had no TV, but NBC can be watched for free with an antenna.

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
YouTube TV offers a free trial. Last I heard it was 5 days. They definitely have NBC, and I think also USA.

You said you had no TV, but NBC can be watched for free with an antenna.
Thank you--but I don't want to sign up for the YouTube TV 'free trial' as I could never afford to keep it, and don't entirely trust the 'free' part or want to be hassled by them for the rest of my life. Also I don't want to give YouTube access to any private credit card info, etc. I've no idea how NBC can be watched 'for free with an antenna' since I have no antenna to attach anything to. My desk top PC and all accesories are fullly wired in--no wifi or anything here at my home. Nor do I want it--I'm very old-school that way.

I'm actually looking for access through another country using my VPN. It's just that I'll need a complete URL for that. If it turns out I don't watch this year, or indeed ever again, then so be it. I can watch all the ISU competitions and a few others through YouTube, some with no VPN, some with.

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yes. Set your VPN to any country (other than the US or Japan) before. The live stream should be here: https://olympics.com/en/sport-events/ but I can post URLs to make it less complicated
Thank you so much! Now I just need to know if I'm supposed to be 'signed in' to olympics.com or not, in order to use it? I can sign in using my Google account, but if I don't need to do it, I want to delete my account there, since logging in shows where I 'really' live, if you get my meaning.

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thank you so much! Now I just need to know if I'm supposed to be 'signed in' to olympics.com or not, in order to use it? I can sign in using my Google account, but if I don't need to do it, I want to delete my account there, since logging in shows where I 'really' live, if you get my meaning.
I don't believe you need an account but I'm not 100% sure...

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I don't believe you need an account but I'm not 100% sure...
Well I am really messed up, now. I managed to sign in to that olympics channel using my Google account, but then got stuck in it. Tried to use the olympic channel via several foreign VPNs, and NONE show any upcoming skating events, especially not the US Nationals. So, eventually I was able to log out of the thing, and remove it from Google access. (If it wasn't going to do anything helpful to be 'signed in', then I didn't want access that way. Besides, it's simple to regain access through Google any time, I learned.).

Now, I still cannot find a country that will show me access to upcoming live US Nationals events. I found a clause, indicating that I 'might' have to have a TV provider and use its log-in for access to 'certain events'--in other words, figure skating events. So--with no TV provider, I think the olympics channel will never work for me.

The only thing I still can't work out is, would I be refused access from EVERY country due to no TV provider? Or only countries somehow affiliated with the US? Because the handful of countries I found which supposedly work in an earlier post (or maybe on that Twitter post earlier) are most definitely NOT in my list of countries having access via Nord. Sigh--I guess I'm screwed, unless I can figure out how to use that Japanese site using Japan as my VPN, AND it doesn't cost anything.

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The live stream hasn't been put in the schedule yet... I'd wait until the day of to check and see
Thank you--I did think of that. Odd, that the channel shows various days and you can click on them--none of them show anything upcoming 'live' at all. That's why I thought I wasn't being 'allowed' to access the information. I still don't know what Nord VPN countries will let me view anything though.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For Midwest USA Nationals viewing and juggling Europeans.
I will be watching Europeans from ISU, but this schedule helps me plan my US viewing.

Skating Schedule 2023 Europeans & US Nationals

Jan. 25 European Championships 5:15-8:30 a.m. Peacock/ISU Pairs SP
Jan. 25 European Championships 10:20 a.m.-4 p.m. Peacock/ISU Men's SP

Jan 25 U.S. Championships 12:00 pm Peacock Jr. Women SP
Jan 25 U.S. Championships 3:15 pm Peacock Jr Men FS
Jan 25 European Championships 2-4 p.m. E!
Jan 25 U.S. Championships 6:45 pm Peacock Jr Pairs FS

Jan 25 U.S. Championships 11:40 p.m. Peacock Jr FD

Jan. 26 European Championships 5-11 a.m. Peacock/ISU Women's SP
Jan. 26 European Championships 9-11 a.m. E!
Jan. 26 U.S. Championships 11:30 a.m. Peacock Jr. Women Free

Jan. 26 European Championships Noon-3 p.m. Peacock/ISU Pairs FS
Jan. 26 U.S. Championships 3:30 -5:45 p.m. Peacock Pairs SP

Jan 26 U.S. Championship s 6:30- 9 p.m. Peacock/USA Rhythm Dance
Jan. 26 U.S. Championships 9:10 p.m. - Midnight Peacock Women SP
Jan. 26 U.S. Championship s 10 p.m.- Midnight USA Network Women SP

Jan. 27 European Championships 5-10 a.m. Peacock/ISU Rhythm Dance
Jan. 27 European Championships 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Peacock/ISU Men's Free
Jan. 27 European Championships 1-3 p.m. E!

Jan. 27 U.S. Championships 4:10-7 p.m. Peacock/ISU Men SP
Jan. 27 U.S. Championships 5:00-7 p.m. USA Men SP
Jan. 27 U.S. Championships 7:45-11 p.m. Peacock/ISU Women's FS

Jan. 27 U.S. Championships 8-11 p.m. NBC Women's FS

Jan. 28 European Championships 6-10 a.m. Peacock/ISU Women's FS
Jan. 28 European Championships 8-10 a.m. E!
Jan. 28 European Championships 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Peacock/ISU Free Dance

Jan. 28 U.S. Championships 2:00-4:30 p.m. Peacock/ISU Free Dance
Jan. 28 U.S. Championships 2:30-4:30 p.m. NBC Free Dance
Jan. 28 U.S. Championships 730-10 p.m. Peacock Pairs FS
Jan. 28 U.S. Championships 8-10 p.m. USA Network Pairs FS

Jan. 29 U.S. Championships 2:30-6 p.m. Peacock/ISU Men FS
Jan. 29 U.S. Championships 3-6 p.m. NBC Men FS

Feb. 5 European Championships 2-4 p.m. NBC*
Feb. 5 U.S. Championships 4-6 p.m. NBC*

Last edited: