Where can I watch past competitions for US? | Golden Skate

Where can I watch past competitions for US?

beancy

Spectator
Also where can I go to record them too? I was a peacock subscriber but they do not keep the competitions long enough for me to be able to view them!Thank you!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is difficult, here in the US.

However, the recaps on Sunday at the end of the competition, are viewable on TV and sometimes have a rebroadcast as well.

If you use a VPN, the ISU full competition videos are magically viewable for a long time. Many US folks use this method!

Also, for each major event, there is is GS thread in its folder like this:

Finally, for the recent USA Pairs, Singles, and Dance finals, events are posted on USFSA fan zone, but sad to say the videos have no sound :(

Here:

And there are REWATCH threads like this one: (thank you, @labgoat )!

It is all in the Fan Fest/General part of the forum Here:

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you mean US competitions like past US Nationals, then that is extremely difficult due to US contracts for rights to exclusively televise competitions which are currently held by NBC. They actively use this right to take down anything posted by other than them on YouTube and numerous other platforms. As such your best option is to search on their platform for videos, usually of only the most notable stars. Peacock is really your only option sad to say.

This is frustrating for uber fans who can no doubt find other sports readily available.
Way to diminish the sport and discourage new fans.
Great plan if you think skating is not a real sport and shouldn't exist.

Aside is a pet peeve when the commentary team says something like remember how good X was last year? - No commentary people we can't cause it is nowhere to be found...or we never saw it in the first place:angry:

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is why i miss the Icenetwork they had past US Nationals archived going back at least a decade.
You'd think someone has copies somewhere. I wonder if anyone will ever post them...

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If NBC is that whiny about TV rights to US Nationals, then maybe they should keep up their performances somewhere on YouTube so they'll keep making money when we click them?