Petr Gumennik, RUS, 15 220.04 (Slovenia) - Medal or 4th w/ 176.34; 5th w/194.26
Koshio Shimada JPN, 13 220.45 (Slovenia) - 1st/2nd; 3rd
Tomoki Hiwatashi USA, 13 213.24 (Slovenia) -1st/2nd; 3rd
Adam Siao Him Fa FRA, 11 199.14 (Armenia) - 1st; 2nd
Auto Kishina, JPN, 11 191.80 (Armenia) - 1st w/197.24; 2nd
Conrad Orzel, CAN, 9, 200.46 (Slovenia) - 1st w/195.92; 2nd
Yuma Kagiyama, JPN, 9, 194.73 (Armenia) 1st w/201.65; 2nd
Artur Danielian, RUS (Slovenia/Armenia)

I think you mean Yuto? Also the 4th place guys (Conrad and Yuma) wouldn't pass Stephen with a 2nd. 1st/5th beats 2nd/4th.

Ziotic

Medalist
If the Feds were smart they would move someone to Armenia where the path is a lot more clear to medal. The 5 at Slovenia could really end up in any order.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Petr Gumennik, RUS, 30 (1st/1st 439.29)
Camden Pulkinen, USA 28 (1st/2nd; 436.40)
Tomoki Hiwatashi USA, 26 (2nd/2nd 428.24)
Andrew Torgashev, USA 24 (1st/4th, 396.38)
Koshio Shimada JPN, 24 (2nd/3rd 433.4)
Stephen Gogolev 22 (1st/5th, 414.30)
---
Kirill Iakovelev, RUS, 22 (2nd/4th)
Mitsuki Sumoto, JPN, 20 (2rd/5th)
Conrad Orzel, CAN, 18, (4th/4th 413.4)

At Armenia (needed to pass Shimada/Gogolev)
Andrei MOZALEV, RUS, 15, 217.12 - (4th; 5th w/ 197.18)
Adam Siao Him Fa FRA, 11 199.14- (1st, 2nd w/234.26; 1st or 2nd)
Yuto Kishina, JPN, 11 191.80 (1st, 2nd w/ 241.60; 1st or 2nd)
Yuma Kagiyama, JPN, 9, 194.73 (1st; 1st w/219.57)

Artur Danielian, RUS, 7, 210.49 (Not sure if he's going? -- but 1st w/ 203.81 to pass Gogolev for that final spot)
OR
Igor MURASHOV, RUS, 9, 190.32 (1st; 1st w/223.98)

Last edited:

zebobes

Final Flight
Second year in a row that 3 US men make it to the final, but two of the men are repeats.

Since all 3 of them will be moving to seniors next year, the US men will be a lot weaker in juniors, and none of the younger skaters have really stood out so far.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Second year in a row that 3 US men make it to the final, but two of the men are repeats.

Since all 3 of them will be moving to seniors next year, the US men will be a lot weaker in juniors, and none of the younger skaters have really stood out so far.

Has Andrew confirmed that he's moving up? He's younger than the other two, so he does have another year of junior eligibility.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Tarakanova and Kim qualify for the Final officially.

It's now down to Tarusina and Kanysheva. The latter needs silver with 183.29 to take it.

EDIT: In dance, Nguyen/Kolesnik and Shevchenko/Eremenko officially qualify as well. Now we're just waiting on Ushakova/Nekrasov and Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy next week.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Tarakanova and Kim qualify for the Final officially.

It's now down to Tarusina and Kanysheva. The latter needs silver with 183.29 to take it.

EDIT: In dance, Nguyen/Kolesnik and Shevchenko/Eremenko officially qualify as well. Now we're just waiting on Ushakova/Nekrasov and Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy next week.

S/N will be competing for the last spot with Kazakova/Reviya. K/R also have a 2nd, with a higher score by a couple of points. Whichever gets the silver will make the final.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker

I really like Maxim Naumov, but he hasn't been able to skate yet this season after an injury.

zebobes

Final Flight
Has Andrew confirmed that he's moving up? He's younger than the other two, so he does have another year of junior eligibility.

I guess you're right, Andrew hasn't said for sure. I just assumed he was aging out, because he went to Junior worlds with Nathan back in 2015 the first year he was eligible, so it feels like he has been a junior for forever, and he definitely skates like a senior skater. If he is still working on stabilizing his 3A, maybe it would be worth it to stay one more year, but if he is able to get it working well by the end of the season, I see no reason for him to stay a junior.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm sad that Tarusina's really... scarily, weirdly... low scores are what's preventing her from both the JGPF and senior nationals :sad4:

bennorii

On the Ice

I think Ryan Dunk is someone to look out for. IMO, he has the jumps, but just needs to work on a little more on the polishing and fluidity. He is assigned to Armenia, where there is a relatively weaker field. Looking at the scores of all he men who are competing at Armenia, he could pull a surprise bronze after Mozalev and Danielian.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
This is how it looks in ladies after 6events
Current top 6
Alena Kostornaia 30pts
Anna Sherbackova 30pts
Anastasia Tarakanova 28pts
Yelim Kim 26pts (388.23)
Anna Tarusina 26pts (374.92)
Young You 20pts (355.83)

Entries in the last event with a chance to make the final
Alexandra Trusova 15pts (221.44)
Alena Kanysheva 13pts (191.84)
Seoyeong WI 9pts (176.50)

I dont see any scenario where Trusova doesnt make the podium so she will have at least 26pts after this event and will be in since she has i first finsh for the first tie breaker.
Alena Kanysheva, if we assume Trusova is on the podium Kanysheva will either have to win, giving her 28pts, or come 2nd with a minimum score of 183.09, she will then beat Tarusina in the 2nd tie breaker.
Seoyeong WI have a verry small cance if she wins (24pts), TRusova will then have to place 5th or lower and kanycheva 4th or lower. And i cant see an scenario where neither russian make the podium.

I would say that Sherbakova, Kostornaia, Tarakanova and Kim are set for the final. Trusova will join them unless something extrordinary happens. The last place will be either Tarusina or Kanysheva based (probably) on the scores for the 2nd tie breaker.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I really like Maxim Naumov, but he hasn't been able to skate yet this season after an injury.

I am sure this is unlikely but is he related to former world champion in pairs Naumov? I think the skated in the mid 90's and the lady's name might be Evgenia something but I am sure I am way off Shiskova and Naumov? They were during the Russian mediocre era but still world challengers along wiht maybe a team called someting like Eltsova and Buskov? Sorry I have a bad memory.

LisaS

On the Ice
I am sure this is unlikely but is he related to former world champion in pairs Naumov? I think the skated in the mid 90's and the lady's name might be Evgenia something but I am sure I am way off Shiskova and Naumov? They were during the Russian mediocre era but still world challengers along wiht maybe a team called someting like Eltsova and Buskov? Sorry I have a bad memory.
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00103185.htm

Yes he is

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Naumov is out for the season, unfortunately. He just withdrew from Regionals. (Vincent and Andrew both lost seasons in juniors also. Really, this being a junior guy is harsh).

Congratulations to the top 6 JGP ladies, who have all qualified now!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I find it funny that if men went by scores, Adam and Andrew would've been replaced with Stephen and Conrad. :popcorn:

Which is why comparing scores against comps makes no sense in figure skating:laugh: who knows who would have stepped up to the plate in a different way in a different comp with different skaters and different judges?

This one area where I actually use the words “It’s a sport”. Base value, meh, how many jumps you landed at the last comp, meh:shrug: no one says to a runner who races a strategic and smart race in the rain, which his competitors don’t like, oh, sorry, you shouldn’t have won because all those guys have faster PBs than you.:biggrin: Figure skating is a sport, and the same rules apply.

Of course it doesn’t hurt that I am Andrew’s fan and adore :luv17: that LP. So I’m just happy to see it again,:dance3:

Ziotic

Medalist
I think in the future it would make sense for the Feds to be a bit more mindful of their assignments like Russia does with their ladies.

Some events had a lot of competition at the top while others were wide open.