2015 Europeans Ladies Free Skate, Jan. 31 | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Ladies Free Skate, Jan. 31

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Russian 1, 2 and 3. WOW outstanding and the only ones worth watching. Everyone else can leave and take their skates with them!!

Yeah, I think Eurosport can probably reduce their 75 minutes highlights down to about 30 minutes.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Btw. I really like Swedish vocal ensemble there singing live.:)
It was such a sweet moment when Russian fans screamed all together "We love you" in Russian.
I wish the girls would start to sing the national anthem together out loud :D

Someone commented in Russian and called it funeral music.

Lipea

Final Flight
Well all she can do is her best and see where the chips fall. There's no point, from her her end, of dwelling on the army. Her focus is to be a good skater. You will never know when there is an opportunity for her to capitalize.

As Ann Landers said, "Opportunity is disguised as hard work."

Totally agree. As Liza says: do your best and don't give up.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Really strong skates by the ladies. Way to go! I love Elizaveta and Radionova equally so I was happy that they both did their very best. :cheer:
Though I shed a tear for Korpi...such tough luck. :no:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I do think Elena is capable of switching the solo lutz with one of the 2As...but at this point in the season I doubt she'll do it. Same for Liza T when it comes to upgrading her combo in the SP. They've trained these programs with the jump layout they have all season long. Switching something up could throw a wrench into the whole thing.

I do think both will make upgrades to their layouts next season. But as of now, with just one major competition to go, I'd think both are focusing on perfecting the content they have.

taltaltel

On the Ice
In GPF, where Lena's jumps were cleaner, her TES are exactly the same as Liza's. So yes, she would definitely benefit from swapping the two 2A for the front half, and put the two solo triples (3F, 3Lz) later.

What's interesting is - her PCS is only 1.21 behind Liza at GPF, and 1.01 behind here. Such a small difference! Easily made up by backloading the jumps. Surely the coaching team had to have thought of that. Hence, the only thing left is... maybe in practice, her execution consistency drops when she backloads her program. *shrug*

Another thing she could do is replace the 3Lo-2T with a 3Lo-2Lo. At that point she would have realized if her previous 3Lo had been rotated enough to not be downgraded, so she wouldn't be at risk of accidentally Zayaking. If she can do that steadily that gives her an extra 0.66 (0.6 plus the bonus) in base value. Which is substantial considering the tiny gap between her and Liza.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Another thing she could do is replace the 3Lo-2T with a 3Lo-2Lo. At that point she would have realized if her previous 3Lo had been rotated enough to not be downgraded, so she wouldn't be at risk of accidentally Zayaking. If she can do that steadily that gives her an extra 0.66 (0.6 plus the bonus) in base value. Which is substantial considering the tiny gap between her and Liza.

even if you get a << on a triple jump, it still counts as a "3Lo<<", not a "2Lo", so it doesn't matter whether it's downgraded or not, it won't be viewed as a 2Lo (even if the base value is that of a 2Lo).

Violetti

On the Ice
Decent placement for Mae and I'm sad Kiira had to withdraw. Hopefully she'll be okay. Is she still going to worlds?

Yes she is. She is going to prepare for worlds when she will recover from stomach flu. So I hope we shall see her there. She hopes to make her programs more difficult. She was lucky to get over the minimun technical scores both SP and LP at her first international competition, the Golden Spin of Zagreb. I was so sad when I heard she withdraw but now I am so so happy Elizaveta won.

Last edited:

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
The Latvian girl, Angelina Kucvalsa, has a lot of potential imo.

According to the 2011 Census in Riga ethnic Russians are still at 40.21%.
Many ethnic Russians in Latvia despite the fact that many migrated from Latvia during the last two decades.

Angelina Kučvaļska (in Latvian) as Angelina KUCHVALSKA (in transcription used by ISU) can be of russian anchestry too.
Anyone knows?

Russians are excellent in ice skating. :)

chairmanmao

Final Flight
If the judges had given at least +1 GOE's to Radionova's 2 2A she'd have the title. I don't see the reason why they couldn't have given these 2 2A's 2s and 3s in GOE.They look well executed to me. Both were done out of choreography and a counter entry:eek:. Seriously only 0.29 and 0.43 in GOE's for those 2 passes:disapp:.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Oh I missed the competition, i thought it would be late in the afternoon but yey! for Liza :cheer:She is the comeback of the year!

Weathergal

Medalist
Very happy Tuktamysheva won! Also glad for the Helgesson sisters. Should had 'em in my picks! ; ) Wasn't too impressed with what I saw of them earlier in the year, so it's nice to see them rise to the occasion, especially in their home country. They always seem like nice, classy skaters. Good for them!

Meoima

Match Penalty
If the judges had given at least +1 GOE's to Radionova's 2 2A she'd have the title. I don't see the reason why they couldn't have given these 2 2A's 2s and 3s in GOE.They look well executed to me. Both were done out of choreography and a counter entry:eek:. Seriously only 0.29 and 0.43 in GOE's for those 2 passes:disapp:.
To be fair Elena doesn't have the same jump quality as Liza. Even though she has harder content and better spins, Liza's jump quality is unmatched among the ladies.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Oh I missed the competition, i thought it would be late in the afternoon but yey! for Liza :cheer:She is the comeback of the year!

Eurosport2 will still be broadcasting tape-delayed Ladies FS at approximately 16:45 - 18:00 local time, or 11:45am - 1:00pm EST.