2018 Europeans Ladies SP | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Ladies SP

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm expecting it I think. Many times the young fresh skater wins the OGM over the more seasoned favorite. I think the youthful enthusiasm works well at the Olympics. Ladies favorites do not do so great at winning the OGM... often it's an Alina that wins.
This is true. But Alina struggles with nerves...I'm just scared she'll bomb the free now that she has the pressure of a good skate.
Evgenia has the mental advantage.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is nothing Med can do to win if Zag goes clean. And I expect she will. Sad for Evgenia. I wish she had a coach who did not have a conflict of interest.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
With all due respect........Carolina is probably the most refined skater currently. No one should top her PCS and no one should even come close to her PCS. Med getting 38 PCS is really sad for this sport.

I find it funny when people (Well, only one person here)
are upset about Kostner scoring super high for components

I mean, Do you have eyes? (And a heart? haha :cheer: )

Makkachin

On the Ice
Country
United-States
That's the best I've seen Alina skate that SP :clap:

She and Evgenia are well matched in my opinion - it's exciting to watch any competition when they're both skating.

Barb

Record Breaker
Wow, Evgenia is so smart, she lets Alina win this so all the pressure and expectations will be on a 15 yo girl :devil:.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
It's only my opinion of course and I am not a big fan of Evgenia netiher Carolina. But Carolina's expressions are real for me, it's just another artistic level. Evgenia is just miming and her expressions are fake - it's like a theater for me. She lack of maturity, shich Carolina has. But she is an amazing skater - there is no doubt.

I wouldn't say fake but more like... unrefined, simplistic. Understanding and maturity come with time.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It was always a mistake to let Medvedeva compete at Euros and her team did her a disservice allowing her.

Why is it a mistake? She had one tiny minor error and is in 2nd place. So what??? I don't think going to Olys after months of not competing would be better.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
This is why the boost of Alina's PCS was insanity. Once she hits her TES, and deservedly so, they've been propping her so much in the PCS throughout the season, higher and higher, that we've reached the point where all she has to do is go clean.

That PCS should never be that high but it is what it is.

Lol now you know how people feel when Evgenia received such treat since a few seasons ago. I'm glad we agree

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Why is it a mistake? She had one tiny minor error and is in 2nd place. So what??? I don't think going to Olys after months of not competing would be better.

Because if she loses to Zagitova here, Zagitova's PCS will skyrocket and then she'd be unable to touch her.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
If everyone goes clean in the free, the podium will stay as is. What happens at the Olympics (if everyone goes clean) will depend on 1) team event 2) the luck of the draw. :hpull:

Purv

Match Penalty
I wouldn't say fake but more like... unrefined, simplistic. Understanding and maturity come with time.

IT is so fake, maybe it is not, but looks like it, those open mouth , she does them in every program she ever diid, it is becoming boring, she has thw same face all the time

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Congrats on a finally clean SP, Alina! And the FS has now become a nailbitter.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
IT is so fake, maybe it is not, but looks like it, those open mouth , she does them in every program she ever diid, it is becoming boring, she has thw same face all the time

There was this one episode of Friends where Joey was showing off his acting prowess to Chandler by yawning when he is tired and shivering when he is cold. It's the same level of performance here. Not fake but a bit amateurish and one-dimensional.

da96103

Record Breaker
There is nothing Med can do to win if Zag goes clean. And I expect she will. Sad for Evgenia. I wish she had a coach who did not have a conflict of interest.

What is this conflict of interest? Orser had both Yuzu and Javi. Is there something more between Alina and Zhenya than just being teammates?

Aquinox1

Rinkside
The PC of Caro will be higher than Evgenia and Zagitova.
Come on!
Evgenia was not better than Caro tris time

This competition... *shakes head*

Alina was phenomenal. I hope she keeps it up in the free!
HOWEVER, I hope Evgenia will win the free and the overall. I want her to remain unbeaten going into the Olympics, and I don't want to upset the balance she and Alina have right now. I want Alina to be silver here.

Carolina is always overscored in my opinion. Her spins travel SO MUCH!! She always has the same, wrinkled-nose expression and most of her jumps are frontloaded. I am really tired of her getting high scores all the time, even when she fails in the free. I just don't get it. What's so much better about Carolina than Zhenya? They both have great skating skills, Zhenya actually has expressions and transitions, and both perform. Zhenya also has better choreo. Ugh.

I didn't see Masha. Why the low score? A pop? Fall?

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
This competition... *shakes head*

Alina was phenomenal. I hope she keeps it up in the free!
HOWEVER, I hope Evgenia will win the free and the overall. I want her to remain unbeaten going into the Olympics, and I don't want to upset the balance she and Alina have right now. I want Alina to be silver here.

Carolina is always overscored in my opinion. Her spins travel SO MUCH!! She always has the same, wrinkled-nose expression and most of her jumps are frontloaded. I am really tired of her getting high scores all the time, even when she fails in the free. I just don't get it. What's so much better about Carolina than Zhenya? They both have great skating skills, Zhenya actually has expressions and transitions, and both perform. Zhenya also has better choreo. Ugh.

I didn't see Masha. Why the low score? A pop? Fall?
Actually Zhenya was ranked higher than Caro's in SS (debatable) and TR (absolutely right). The PE was better for Caro today, for CH and IN I'd personally give the edge to Caro just because there are some moments in Evgenia's SP, most of all in the 2nd part, that for me do not suit the music as well as Caro's ones does. Anyway, Evgenia is in second and Caro is in third, so..
Masha had a scratchy landing on her Lz and recovered her 3-3 on the Flip in the 2nd part of the program. She also lost levels in the Step Sequence and in the Spins and was not as fast as in the last competitions.