2018 Europeans Ladies SP | Page 52 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Ladies SP

schizoanalyst

Medalist
You should, because that's exactly what is going to happen if Zhenya loses here. Alina's PCS is already skyrocketing. We started with 31 and we're already almost mid 36. With a Euro win? She'll be hitting 37 easily. And there won't even be a race at the Olys then. Nobody can touch her.

Precisely. It's unfair but narratives matter. The narrative right now is Zagitova had never toppled the best, the unbeatable Medvedeva. If Zagitova beats her here, well the narrative shifts and suddenly those PCS gaps start to close and then it becomes unclear if a clean Med should beat a clean Zag when nobody would've questioned that in December.

rumichi

Rinkside
This is a forum with most americans, that’s the reason about most people hates Carolina.
Just visit another kínd of forum ( maybe europeas) and you will see the people supporting Carolina

what does being american have to do with whether you hate Caro or don't? I don't really see your point.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
You know what judges and panel hate ?

When a skaters wins on PCS. Especially in singles. That's why Alina can win it all.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I thought Laurice was with Brown's coach now???
She is. Apparently the coach had visa issues.

Poor Laurine, I am just beside myself about her. She has so much potential. I don't think Kori Ade's team has done right by her.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Well, it is happening right now. Judge n.9 gave Alina higher PCS than both Zhenya and Caro, rewarding Zagitova with 10 in PE and IN :rofl: this is hilarious.

Barb

Record Breaker
Sorry, Carolina is a nice person and all but I can´t with the inflation anymore. It is beyond of disgusting.

Puchi

On the Ice
Not impressed by Evgenia this time. She should be behind Kostner by at least two points (inflated PCS). Zagitova was fantastic. Her 2 axel OTOH seemed UR in reply.

girl in red

Rinkside
I wanted to comment in general but i cant....omg i am still in kostner land!She blew me away,i have no words.So beautiful to watch.She skates with so much emotion that sometimes it is even hard to bear.Excuse me while i ll go watch karolina s program a hundred more times:luv17::bow::bow:

Andrea82

Medalist
The judges were

Judge No.1 Ms. Adrienn SCHADENBAUER (Austria)
Judge No.2 Ms. Kari-Anne OLSEN (Norway)
Judge No.3 Ms. Saioa SANCHO (Spain)
Judge No.4 Ms. Ann FINDLAY (Great Britain)
Judge No.5 Ms. Zanna KULIK (Estonia)
Judge No.6 Ms. Donatella LEONELLI (Switzerland)
Judge No.7 Ms. Julia ANDREEVA (Russia)
Judge No.8 Mr. Attila SOOS (Hungary)
Judge No.9 Ms. Ebru ANILDI (Turkey)

alvina9894

Final Flight
I think Medvedeva got to 38+ PCS by being extremely consistent,
Zagitova will get there next month by being propped up as competition for Medvedeva

And Kostner got there by actually being worth 38+ in components

Consistent Medvedeva has not been clean for 2/3 competitions of this season.
She's doing better than Zagitova, who has been 0% clean this season.
Interesting PCSs, I'd say.

Purv

Match Penalty
Sorry, Carolina is a nice person and all but I can´t with the inflation anymore. It is beyond of disgusting.

I want remind you that Sotnikova won Olympic with 3t 3t in the short, Yuna had 3l3t andd their scores were almost equal, that was a joke

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Nobody's fake. Every skater has a different style. Carolina has those broad, fast skating that is beautiful to watch. Evgenia and Alina is of the school of difficult transitions in and out of transitions.

Personally, I liked Carolina's skate the best, but I certainly understand why Alina and Evgenia are ahead (TES/backloading).

Well, Caro got 8 perfect marks (10) in PCS, and her PE,CO and IN are the highest, so :thumbsup:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
According to the protocols, in Zhenya vs Alina, the later wins in spins and their jump GOE are very matched (if Zhenya hits the 2A, she'll probably get similar GOE; 2A isn't their forte). Alina does win on BV for 3Lz3Lo and 3F compared to 3F3T and 3Lo. PCS edge will not leave Zhenya almost any margin that's not made up by Alina's TES if both clean.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Carolina's expression is genuine, profound and mature. All her movements were smoothly done and connected. Her skating is also soft, pure and clean. She should lead in the category of skating skills, performance and interpretation by a distance. No one in this field has the level of her skating and maturity.

Evgenia surely comes back strong, her jumps were nicely done. But her skating is not on the same level of Carolina. Just compare the step sequence and you'll see Evgenia is not as smooth and agile as Carolina, which makes the fact that she scored only 0.10 less than Carolina on Step sequence quite ridiculous. The interpretation is also absurd with the weird voice and the heartbeat. It is obvious that this interpretation she presented is not what she truly feels (look at other programs of hers like the EX and Sailor Moon where she looks really happy and free and genuine, there IS a difference). And I just found out Evgenia scored higher than Caro in Skating Skills...:slink::confused:

Alina performs technically the best today and good for her for producing her first clean SP this season. But the program to me is rushed and she looks uncomfortable with this program. She looks reluctant and tense, you can see it on her face. The music also went over the top and overwhelmed her that she does not seem to be able to catch up with the music emotionally.