2018 Europeans Ladies SP | Page 51 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Ladies SP

da96103

Record Breaker
Wow, Evgenia is so smart, she lets Alina win this so all the pressure and expectations will be on a 15 yo girl :devil:.

I am not so sure about that. Evgenia looked out of breath towards the end, like early Yuzu FS kind of fatigue. She needs more time to recover.

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
IT is so fake, maybe it is not, but looks like it, those open mouth , she does them in every program she ever diid, it is becoming boring, she has thw same face all the time

Well that’s the same way I feel... except for me it’s about Carolina. Comes across as much faker than Zhenya ever does for me.

russianfan

Match Penalty
people were unhappy with Medvedeva's utter domination, now they're unhappy that there's someone who can be a real threat for her :whack:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I don't believe that at all.

You should, because that's exactly what is going to happen if Zhenya loses here. Alina's PCS is already skyrocketing. We started with 31 and we're already almost mid 36. With a Euro win? She'll be hitting 37 easily. And there won't even be a race at the Olys then. Nobody can touch her.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Kudos to Zagitova for a clean SP! She needed that going into the Olympics. The PCS of course is crazy and shouldn't have been above 35 (and just under 80 overall), but she totally deserves the lead.

Medvedeva was more cautious than usual - I noticed in her steps that she wasn't hitting her edges on some of the turns (like her loop and bracket) and her edges were flatter... I'm guessing her foot isn't perfect but clearly it's good enough to bust out a 3-3. I'd have definitely had her behind Kostner though but the backloaded kept her in 2nd.

I wonder if Evgenia will backload her opened -3T into the second half's 3F to give her a better shot at winning?

Should be an exciting finish and the top 3 were stellar. Poor Masha - you could tell from warmup something was off, but good on her for doing the 3-3 still after the wonky lutz.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Well after seeing all that skating back to back...

Zag and Med matched more on PCS than Caro and Med. What's outstanding is how Alina improved her presentation. But both are miles away from Caro.
Zhenya seemed a bit tense which is perfectly normal.
If Alina goes clean saturday I don't think she can be beaten.

These girls are so good I'm in awe.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nobody's fake. Every skater has a different style. Carolina has those broad, fast skating that is beautiful to watch. Evgenia and Alina is of the school of difficult transitions in and out of the elements.

Personally, I liked Carolina's skate the best, but I certainly understand why Alina and Evgenia are ahead (TES/backloading).

Last edited:

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
You should, because that's exactly what is going to happen if Zhenya loses here. Alina's PCS is already skyrocketing. We started with 31 and we're already almost mid 36. With a Euro win? She'll be hitting 37 easily. And there won't even be a race at the Olys then. Nobody can touch her.
If she's at 36 here, she will very probably be at 37 in Pyeongchang even with a loss in Moscow. Olympic inflation...

quadrupleaxel15

On the Ice
I'd love to see her switch coaches after this season is over. If she's with a team that actually supports her maybe she can skate with abandon and expression and become an unstoppeable legend

Who? Alina? It think her team is the best she could have gotten. No other debutant is able to get her level of success.

I think Daniil and Alina get along better and he is visibly supportive of her in every competition. Same with Eteri and Evgenia. I think having such a group is one of the reasons of their huge success. The skaters are able to get support from whoever is better able to give it.

Icey

Record Breaker
Med had some cushion for a mistake because all her jumps are in the second half and get the bonus

Aquinox1

Rinkside
This is a forum with most americans, that’s the reason about most people hates Carolina.
Just visit another kínd of forum ( maybe europeas) and you will see the people supporting Carolina

I find it funny when people (Well, only one person here)
are upset about Kostner scoring super high for components

I mean, Do you have eyes? (And a heart? haha :cheer: )

Purv

Match Penalty
There was this one episode of Friends where Joey was showing off his acting prowess to Chandler by yawning when he is tired and shivering when he is cold. It's the same level of performance here. Not fake but a bit amateurish and one-dimensional.

YEs, she is acting and she should stop those amateurish faces- she thinks she could get better PCS becausse of it, she covers her lack of skating intepretation? Dunno

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Unfortunately Med is getting the taste of her own medicine. She was so so so overscored and untouchable scorewise that she kept her same layout since her junior days and did not improve her lutz despite the up and coming "threats" from her own country.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I think Medvedeva got to 38+ PCS by being extremely consistent,
Zagitova will get there next month by being propped up as competition for Medvedeva

And Kostner got there by actually being worth 38+ in components