2022 Olympics Team Event Day1: Men's Short Program | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day1: Men's Short Program

aliste

Rinkside
I admit I'm annoyed by these commercials on Peacock after being spoiled by no ads during previous competitions this season. But I can watch Peacock easily on my big TV and I'm too lazy to connect my computer to said TV for an alternate source, so I'm just going to live with it. It's still worlds better than the usual NBC coverage on regular broadcast channels, where they skip most of the skaters, frequently cut between different sports so you're never sure when exactly any particular sport will be on, and play endless human interest stories. I feel like this might be the first time we've had the (legal) option in the U.S. to watch the full event all the way through.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My only disagreement with the placements are in spots 3 and 4. I'd have had them reversed. I don't think Morisi was underscored, but I do think Mark was overscored. Those jumps were all nail-biters, and that spin was just bad.

That said, I'm happy for Mark. He had a lot of pressure and held up for the most part, and that's always nice to see with a young athlete. I'm sure the relief must be incredible.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
I watched on Peacock. I know that the Figure Skating Team Event Day 1 stream was without commentary, and the NBC Primetime stream had commentary by Johnny/Tara/Terry. However, on the NBC stream, there was also some lady doing commentary. It was really weird. I don't know who she was, but they were all talking over one another. It was driving me crazy and I had to turn off the NBC stream. What was going on?? How in the world do I turn off that lady's voice, and listen only to Johnny/Tara/Terry??

What do you mean they were talking over each other? There was more than one person? I just switched the NBC stream on hoping it has no commercials for the dance

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TBH, I would be totally happy if the individual men’s podium is the top 3 from the men’s team event SP. I love Nathan, Shoma and Mark!

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Nathan and Shoma were terrific! Mark, Morisi and Daniel were all very good. A shame that Boyang couldn't give his homeland a clean skate. And a shame that Michal popped the sal. Must have been so hard for Roman to be a last minute replacement so good for him. And nice that Paul Fentz got his Olympic moment.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched on Peacock. I know that the Figure Skating Team Event Day 1 stream was without commentary, and the NBC Primetime stream had commentary by Johnny/Tara/Terry. However, on the NBC stream, there was also some lady doing commentary. It was really weird. I don't know who she was, but they were all talking over one another. It was driving me crazy and I had to turn off the NBC stream. What was going on?? How in the world do I turn off that lady's voice, and listen only to Johnny/Tara/Terry??
What a bummer. Sorry to hear that. I watched the NBC Primetime stream, and all I hear was Johnny/Tara/Terry.

Maybe if you try turning everything off and get back in, it will improve.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
what stream is Belinda on...
I'm not sure? She's on Aussie TV with Olly (the gymnastics man), that might be the default commentary team? Because when the Olympics You Tube channel post replays Belinda and partner (who last time was some random American football man) are the ones who show up.

In other news Daniel's jump was actually 1.627 feet off the ice. But! That's still almost 50cm so I was half right whoo!

princecharming

Rinkside
Belinda's great! LOL at her breaking down Morisi's jump technique, and even shading Shoma's flip.

She is quite informative too for first timers watching skating - telling them what will score points and what to look for. And what minute errors will score less.
Ummm I am the only one who finds the Olympic commentators to be amateurs? They provide no insight and legit do not understand, nor know how to, explain figure skating to viewers.

I am also finding the scoreboards and colours to be quite distracting to the eye and I can never see where they are displayed on the screen.

These organisers have had years to prepare for the Olympics and this is the best they can do??

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan. ❤️ Magnificent. Even that word isn't big enough. The passion with which he skated, his in-betweens, his attentiveness to the music. And the fabulous jumps. I'm so proud of him.

It was fun seeing Ashley, Tim, Karen and Mariah in the team booth 😍🥰😘

sworddance21

On the Ice
Nathan and Shoma were spectacular. Just a different class than the others. I'm hesitant to even ask this, but here goes...I know PCS is a complicated mix of different things - and I'm not at all on the Nathan doesn't deserve his PCS bandwagon (I think he does) but I'm kinda confused as to why Brezina's PCS is so low.

princecharming

Rinkside
Kondratiuk did great, this will hold Russia in a steady place.

Morisi also did very well, great start for team Georgia (who is legit a Russia 2.0 team).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I must say, Brendan looks fine as heck in the formal Australian blazer like that.

But now Seven hyping up that the flag bearing can be lucky is making me PANIC

Grets

Spectator
What do you mean they were talking over each other? There was more than one person? I just switched the NBC stream on hoping it has no commercials for the dance
The lady who was speaking was not part of team Johnny/Tara/Terry. It was like there were two commentaries from two different countries going on at the same time. The lady might have been Canadian(?). Who in the world was she?? It was very, very weird. I prefer commentary, but I couldn't stand everyone speaking over one another, and I went back to the stream without commentary. (Hope this makes sense.)