2015 Croatia Cup Ladies FS Oct 10 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Croatia Cup Ladies FS Oct 10

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Can't believe how correct that was. Seriously, do you have powers?!?

No.

I just made up all of the numbers as I was going along, and the SP for the hypothetical one also had a bunch of people around 60 in the SP... (3, 4, and 5...)

However, Wakabby's pop in the article was the 2a, and she did a 3lz+3lox in her SP... and I'm still waiting to see if some other stuff actually happened.

burntBREAD

Medalist
This has also helped me realize the utter awfulness of my prediction skills.

Like, I thought Wakaba, Sima, Masha, Vivian and Marin would make the final, and look what happened. (Should've looked into Polina, Alisa and Yuna, LOL.) But this is still a great group for the final!!

I don't blame anyone for overlooking Yuna Shiraiwa before the season -- she came in TWENTY-SEVENTH (did not qualify for the free skate) at Japanese Juniors last season and I assume got her first spot by skating well this summer at local comps.

Alisa came in 8th at Russian Juniors and seems kind of like an up and down skater (judging from her first JGP) so it's not easy to predict her either ahead of time.

chezzu

On the Ice
I hope Marin and Wakaba have a nice long hug and indulge in some girl talk after this medal ceremony. They are so cute.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Great for Marin, but second would have been enough for her too, and now Wakaba is out of the Final. Shame for her singled flip (again), otherwise it was a good skate.

Nonetheless, glad for Fedichkina - I like her too, although she is not consistent.

inskate

On the Ice
Marin is sweet. She wiped a tear off Wakaba's chin and held her hand for a second :thumbsup:

gnom

On the Ice
I am happy for Marin and Alisa to be in the final. Looking forward to seeing them in person in Barcelona. Hence, this was my dream outcome of todays freeskate.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Japanese Juniors is going to be a nightmare: Shiraiwa, Honda, Mihara, Sakamoto, Higuchi, Nitaya, Aoki, and I'm sure I'm missing more... But you cannot afford one mistake or else you're out of contention for Jr Worlds if not the Senior Japanese Nationals (top 8 from Japanese Juniors qualify to Seniors).

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalist. All the best for the ones that will be in the final and for the rest come back stronger in next competition :cheer2:

By the way, could I check if Marin has gotten second and Wakaba first, both them go to final is it?

koheikun90

On the Ice
I understand wakabas disappointment but her behavior on the podium really ruined Marin's moment winning her first JGP. Poor display of sportsmanship. It's figure skating, it's a everyone skater for themselves. I hope Marin doesn't feel bad for winning because she really deserved it.

Last edited:

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Japanese Juniors is going to be a nightmare: Shiraiwa, Honda, Mihara, Sakamoto, Higuchi, Nitaya, Aoki, and I'm sure I'm missing more... But you cannot afford one mistake or else you're out of contention for Jr Worlds if not the Senior Japanese Nationals (top 8 from Japanese Juniors qualify to Seniors).

ohmy

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
All the girls who got to the final scored above 180 - such a contrast from the last year. It is going to be an exciting final. I think that Polina has the best chances but to be sure she cannot make mistakes like she did in SP in Poland. Competition will be tough.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
I understand wakabas disappointment but her behavior on the podium really ruined Marin's moment winning her first JGP. Poor display of sportsmanship. It's figure skating, it's a everyone skater of themselves. I hope Marin doesn't feel bad for winning because she really deserved it.

she probably couldn't hold her emotions.

AprilS

On the Ice
I understand wakabas disappointment but her behavior on the podium really ruined Marin's moment winning her first JGP. Poor display of sportsmanship. It's figure skating, it's a everyone skater of themselves. I hope Marin doesn't feel bad for winning because she really deserved it.

I think she was trying really hard to smile? Sometimes, you just can't hold it in, especially at that age. Besides, she was cheering for Marin after her skate and did all the proper things - gave her competitors a hug, shook hands with the officials, smiled for pictures (or at least it looked like she tried) etc. etc.