2015 JGP Logroño Ladies FS Oct 2

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What fandom? This one, I presume?

I'm not sure I follow you here :eek::

If you're asking if I'm a fan of Sima then the answer is Yes. I started her fan thread before last year's JGP started. Maybe if I update the OP she'll have better luck next time. I'm such a slacker:slink:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I'm not sure I follow you here :eek::

If you're asking if I'm a fan of Sima then the answer is Yes. I started her fan thread before last year's JGP started. Maybe if I update the OP she'll have better luck next time. I'm such a slacker:slink:

Fandoms are defined as the entire internet community of people who are fans of a certain work of fiction or person/people group (like Twilight or certain actors). This board is, by that definition, part of the figure skating fandom. I thought you were talking about how being in a different fandom you were also in is cursing Sima, a member of your this, your other fandom.

*Pat pat* It's okay. You're not actually cursing her. But if it makes you feel any better, go forth and update Sima's OP! :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She has a similar issue on the 2A as lipnitskaia, although they look different above the waist: neither get a solid skid off on the takeoff, and are jumping on a straight edge rather than off the circle on a skid. Their right shoulders are too forward and it's messing up the takeoff. Eteri isn't really good at instilling good technique on the jumps, the axel in particular .

Well Sima only skated with Eteri for one season....her best BTW. In fact Sima's jumps improved dramatically that season and only started to slump toward the end. She has always had a weird hitch on her landings since I can remember dating back to before Sochi. I actually think she lands her jumps like Sasha Cohen did or at least with her Free Leg and the way she exited the jump.

Sima and Julia really don't step up on their axels but Julia, when clean, actually carries a nice flow and a very solid running edge out. It's useful for going into 3t's. I think jump height is overrated and can often lead to many problems in its own way although a clean jump is a clean jump regardless of its height :yes:

I do agree that the lack of skid can and does lead to the occasional misfire though. :laugh:

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
Eteri isn't really good at instilling good technique on the jumps, the axel in particular .

Here's 5 1/2 year old video of Serafima where her axel is about the same... and it's probably been about that long since Eteri has directly coached a student who didn't already have a 2A. Last year I offhandedly referred to Eteri when it came to Serafima's and Evgenia's lutz but now I'm kind of skeptical of that sentiment. For instance, she coached Polina Shelepen from the beginning and her lutz was perfectly fine. While her team may not be the best at jumps(and correcting problems), the source of the problems may just be natural or from much earlier coaching.

https://youtu.be/2RDiP-z67yQ?t=1m11s

gotoschool

Medalist
I really liked YUna Shiraiwa's performance. Lyrical, unusual combination of wonderful jumps like the 3S/3L , smooth and fluid skating skills with nice speed. And so steady and tough beneath her sensitivity in expression.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I really liked YUna Shiraiwa's performance. Lyrical, unusual combination of wonderful jumps like the 3S/3L , smooth and fluid skating skills with nice speed. And so steady and tough beneath her sensitivity in expression.

her rotation seemed very good on her difficult combos. Sam, do you feel like putting it through the Jumpamatron? or are you busy?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
her rotation seemed very good on her difficult combos. Sam, do you feel like putting it through the Jumpamatron? or are you busy?

I can do it but it will take me a few hours to get home. If someone hasn't done it by then I would love too:yes:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
You go Sima!! If you want to fall a bunch of times and have a huge disaster might as well do it full on and in a big way!! I got your back girl! I love my favorites no matter what! :yes:

I'm starting to think that my fandom may be a bit of a jinx though :cry:

Fandoms are defined as the entire internet community of people who are fans of a certain work of fiction or person/people group (like Twilight or certain actors). This board is, by that definition, part of the figure skating fandom. ...

I think Sam's usage of fandom to refer to his individual fandom for Sima also is legit.

2 : the state or attitude of being a fan

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Wow, from this video, it looks like her techniques are pretty locked like that from an earlier age, even the hard landing with a lowered chest. Somehow it reminded me all the discussions about Carolina Zhang, and who is to blame for her bad technique.

Here's 5 1/2 year old video of Serafima where her axel is about the same... and it's probably been about that long since Eteri has directly coached a student who didn't already have a 2A. Last year I offhandedly referred to Eteri when it came to Serafima's and Evgenia's lutz but now I'm kind of skeptical of that sentiment. For instance, she coached Polina Shelepen from the beginning and her lutz was perfectly fine. While her team may not be the best at jumps(and correcting problems), the source of the problems may just be natural or from much earlier coaching.

https://youtu.be/2RDiP-z67yQ?t=1m11s

Alba

Record Breaker
She has a similar issue on the 2A as lipnitskaia, although they look different above the waist: neither get a solid skid off on the takeoff, and are jumping on a straight edge rather than off the circle on a skid. Their right shoulders are too forward and it's messing up the takeoff. Eteri isn't really good at instilling good technique on the jumps, the axel in particular .

Well, neither Yulia or Sima started with Eteri. Sima went to her last season during 2014-2015 and has left now. Yulia was younger when she went to Eteri and she could've addressed that issue (not a problem with me tbh as long as she lands them and attach a 3 jump to it also) starting to fix whatever they need to fix while she was much younger but I guess since Yulia's main goal was Sochi they didn't have time for that since they needed good results.
So, I wouldn't blame Eteri for that, in these two cases at least because I can't remember very well how Evgenia and Polina's 2A are (although Polina Tsurskaya went to Eteri in 2013). If I'm correct they don't have problems, do they?

Edit: I see now that both Sam and sorenkay answered to this. Sorry. :)

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I feel so sad about Serafima. She grew up in her skating but all these falls...Can she redeem herself in a week's time? I am also sad about Alisa. She would be the first if not this unnecessary stumble at the very end. She deserved to be in the final but...well she is still very young and has already a huge score in her biography. Way to go! Moreover, if Serafima does not recover Alisa is a very strong addition to Polina and Maria in the national team. This is going to be interesting. And next year as Sima and Maria go senior Polina, Alisa plus Gubanova and Nugumanova will compensate for their leave quite well.

Congratulations to Yuna S but her skating is not my cup of tea. And the score 124 for that program...well all top scores including Alisa's seem inflated.

I liked Australian girl. Such energetic fierce skating.