2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program | Page 47 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program

rain

Record Breaker
I thought Nam looked a bit slower today than he did at the Autumn Classic, and I suspect that factored into his PCS as well. He seemed uncharacteristically nervous today.

He did look nervous. So perhaps he reverted back due to that. Happens to a lot of skaters in relation to jump technique etc. He's a natural showman.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Is Adam Rippon skating as Quicksilver from X-Men? Which would be ironic given his speed....

:rofl: This is the most hilarious thing I've read this week! I'm a fan of both Adam and the X-Men films, and I never expected that they could be used in the same sentence! At least on my HDTV, though, his hair colour looks pastel blue instead of silver.

That body roll in the step sequence.... cigarette anyone?

*swoons* It's very sensual. :love:

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I just watched mens, and wow, I have to say I found Yuzu's short simply mesmerizing, mistakes notwithstanding, Patrick's short just wonderful for him- reminded me of a Kurt Browning program in style and feel (and what an opening combo!), and Adam Rippon had the performance of the night for me- I love this Queen program for him and it's a very well-choreographed program to which he brought a lot of passion and flair. Dice was good, and deserves to be in 1st, but he doesn't excite me. I just can't get behind Nam- seems like a sweet kid, but he lacks skating skills, is too slow, and just isn't pleasant to watch. Brezina did about as well as he always does- but boy is he cute! So sad for Tim Dolensky.

adelia

Record Breaker
Good for Sasha for skating clean but I just hate his music this season...is this really what a young man likes to listen to? So zzzzz....
He likes to listen to hiphop and rap, are you suggesting he should skate to that?
FYI he liked this music very much when it was first shown to him and the guy who did his choreography apparently likes it as well.

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
After the pages and pages of whinging about it, no, I think the point needs to be reinforced.

Go reinforced it back at SA thread then, its tiresome reading a broken records in unrelated thread to that, Max didn't skate here. WE GET IT! Now move on....

Rissa

Record Breaker
Patrick needs to change costumes, looks so bulky and cheap.
Adam's hair does not help at all. IMO it's a bad choice.
Like Hanyu's program, has the potential to be great.

To me my Mom's the best barometer of how casual viewers (I feel bad for making her watch Men's, lol) see costuming: she hated Patrick's trousers. Specifically, the pockets which she said looked like elephant ears sticking out while he skated.

But the costume that made her comment the most was Daisuke Murakami's. She was all, "Why is he wearing a lady's blouse? Complete with a bow in the back? Translate the song title for me please." "It's Les Miserables." "Even French men don't wear blouses with bows in the back, right?" :laugh2:

You're joking, right? So even with a doubled quad and a triple-triple turned into a triple-double, you thought he was about to score 97?! :unsure:

Stupid question stupid answer...

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
WOW, what a beautiful programme Hanyu has!!! I enjoyed this best of all men, he interprets the music sooo beautifully..., no choreographed interpretation needed for Hanyu :biggrin:... He deserves his PCS and will get much more as he skates this programme faultlessly later.

I don´t understand why Rippon keeps trying that quad lutz again and again? Has he ever managed to jump it faultlessly? Now his technical score drops because of it.

I did not like the Bubble version of Mack the Knife, so horrible.... Otherwise, it was great to see Chan competing again.

It will be interesting to see the final placements after the freeskate, there surely will be a lot of changes.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Were the post-SP interviews linked in here yet?

Daisuke Murakami
Patrick Chan
Adam Rippon

Love this thanks!

Daisuke Murakami spoke excellent 'American', nice and humble in his press conference 0.41m, but when he spoke of "... like Patrick I want to skate my best here, but it is unfortunate I didn't..." Laughter ensured by one particular loud lady in the background. How mortifying :eek: Good luck to him in the FS!

Adam is self deprecating, good humoured ... orange glowed, silver haired and loled at age of 25. Ripe and better than ever... 4lz failure and all. Go Ashdam family! How I miss that cherub angel face golden curled boy wonder but alas this QuickSilver gear ain't half bad for Halloween to scare the Tarot monster away. I really hope he can podium.