2016 Europeans Men Free Skate | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Men Free Skate

akaiw

Spectator
Well, fernandez should get -1 on that 4T, and his SS should be in the 7s, so that's 6 points less. He also should get only 7s in PE because of the mistake and because of his bad posture, that's another 4 points less. His interpretation is too cheesy and should get 8 at best, another 2 points less. So here's your 11-12 points and he'll score 188-189.

The music is easy to choreograph because fernandez always skates to this type of goofy funny music, so the same choreographer (David Wilson) is doing the same kind of choreography every season. Such an easy job!

plus 3A should be 3A<, 3f and 3lz with e or !

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
You don't need to care about what I said right? You can just think his performance is the best, I don't care
but still I think it's joke, over

well it's clear to me that you are just a hater so bye :p

eta

Medalist
It's quite sad. After the nationals I was looking forward to an international competition with better judging, but so far, after watching the Euros (for the first time actually) I think this isn't much better nationals; certain skaters get lenient judging plus generous goes and pcs, while other skaters are not as 'lucky.' I can't see how this is doing the sport any favor. If part of the reason is actually to create competition as some have suggested, I fail to understand how achieving this by lowering the standards is a good idea. Dear judges, no offense, but at this point, never mind glasses - even eye surgery won't help you.

Lipea

Final Flight
It's quite sad. After the nationals I was looking forward to an international competition with better judging, but so far, after watching the Euros (for the first time actually) I think this isn't much better nationals; certain skaters get lenient judging plus generous goes and pcs, while other skaters are not as 'lucky.' I can't see how this is doing the sport any favor. If part of the reason is actually to create competition as some have suggested, I fail to understand how achieving this by lowering the standards is a good idea. Dear judges, no offense, but at this point, never mind glasses - even eye surgery won't help you.

This just does not make sense anymore. No blaming towards skaters - they don't decide on scores. But judging... horrible judging. How couldn the PCS of Florent's life performance be possibly lower than of "usual" Maxim's with a fall, a pop and a pretty bad stepout???? If there is any case for putting 9.50s or 10s for Interpretation and Performance - that obviously should be Florence's performance today, by any objective reasoning. However, he gets lower PCS than Kovtun - are you kidding me? And Kovtun was just an increment far from getting a silver.

Really, if every skaters receives PCS ONLY according to his/her reputation and the country he/she represents, so we can easily predict them, - then what is a reason of having PCS at all?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
congrats to fernandez, bychenko and kovutun. So close for Amodio. Love Fernadez personality though I admit he is limited range it doesn't matter because the judges are to mark that one performance - tough if it looks the same as many other characters he has done. I think Michelle Kwan really looked the same in most of her performances really ditto for Plushy. Most skaters tend to be themselves just to different music. I do admit while it is amazing the technical upped ante I am afraid to say goodbye to some of our favourite skaters. Chan will be lucky to podium not only is he technically lacking, the judges are getting more and more generous with pcs for Fernandez, Hanyu et al And if Chan is but a pipe dream this means Brown who is not as pcs oriented and not as technically as strong really has less of a chance. I guess Hanyu and Fernandez have really pushed the envelope and shown themselves worthy champs. But the rest of the world is so far behind. Will Chan be satisfied just going to worlds and Olympics - I hope so because he is finished the way things are going. He wouldn't even be in the top three now technically in the short. Brown is arguably even further behind. This is great by the way for those Hanyu and Fernandez fans:) These men have pushed he tech envelope.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Sadly I agree & I love Javi. It does put a damper on things - how much more exciting it would have been for him to break 300 with an amazing clean performance. Inflation at Nationals is one thing, but this is a scary precedent...anyway, he was still GREAT, just not 300+ great.

Well then Hanyu and Chan deserve 4 pts more for pcs ; if they skate reasonable well Hanyu 4 and chan 6 lol - won't happen.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
congrats to fernandez, bychenko and kovutun. So close for Amodio. Love Fernadez personality though I admit he is limited range it doesn't matter because the judges are to mark that one performance - tough if it looks the same as many other characters he has done. I think Michelle Kwan really looked the same in most of her performances really ditto for Plushy. Most skaters tend to be themselves just to different music. I do admit while it is amazing the technical upped ante I am afraid to say goodbye to some of our favourite skaters. Chan will be lucky to podium not only is he technically lacking, the judges are getting more and more generous with pcs for Fernandez, Hanyu et al And if Chan is but a pipe dream this means Brown who is not as pcs oriented and not as technically as strong really has less of a chance. I guess Hanyu and Fernandez have really pushed the envelope and shown themselves worthy champs. But the rest of the world is so far behind. Will Chan be satisfied just going to worlds and Olympics - I hope so because he is finished the way things are going. He wouldn't even be in the top three now technically in the short. Brown is arguably even further behind. This is great by the way for those Hanyu and Fernandez fans:) These men have pushed he tech envelope.

But Jason is not going to Worlds...Adam, Max and Grant (after Nathan withdrew) are.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Well then Hanyu and Chan deserve 4 pts more for pcs ; if they skate reasonable well Hanyu 4 and chan 6 lol - won't happen.

But anyway PCS talk.

But what judges did yesterday giving +GOE on element that everyone saw was messed I found totally awfull. This is not nationals, this international competition. This is euro champs

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
For me Fernandez was overscored, his sp score should have been no more than 98 and FS no more than 195,he would have still won competition with huge margin. but judges want more than one man in 300 pts range, they have shown it clear, they want to create rivalry. So Javi bringing second 3A makes me think Yuzuru will be with quad loop in Boston, Javi said before he wasn't planning it for it this year, something made him put this element asap . :handw:

Florencito

Medalist
People (not a few javier's fans) know what kind of performances are worth watching, poor javi's program's viewers only around 30000 while yuzuru's already over 1000000

:laugh:

I guess that also puts an end to the everlasting question "GodYuna or Mao-sama?". Sorry Asada, Youtube has spoken :handw:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think we need to get to a point where we realize that the top 5 should all be within a critical error of each other. No one needs to be spotted a fall or serious technical glitch with their program when deciding the podium.

Maybe we need to seriously consider the effect PCS plays and go back or create a 6.0 "blended with a CoP" style TES system.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I think we need to get to a point where we realize that the top 5 should all be within a critical error of each other. No one needs to be spotted a fall or serious technical glitch with their program when deciding the podium.

Maybe we need to seriously consider the effect PCS plays and go back or create a 6.0 "blended with a CoP" style TES system.

No. We just need to remove anonymus judging.

twitwi

Rinkside
To be honest this is very fair, because you don't need to understand one langauge to watch figure skating, people around the world can choose the program which they want to watch lol
I don't care about what are the spanish really interested in because I also watch the programs I like no matter what country the skaters are from

well, it is fair and not fair..

it is fair that I am no Japanese (Asian though), but I am attracted to yuzuru's performance. And my friends have no idea what is figure skating at all, but accidentally they watched a video of NHK trophy's SEIMEI aired on official tv, they started to talk about this program and recommend others watch it. It is spontaneous and with no background. ppl like to watch this just like to watch beautiful advertisement, songs and dramas.

it is not fair because without performance, even several seconds interview of yuzuru will hit 30000+ viewers

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I bet no one would be brave enough to put their names next to this GOEs that Fernandez received for 4T

Why not?? It deserved a zero GOE from the judges which it mostly got. Tech panel should have dinged him for the hand down but the jump seemed fine otherwise from the judges point of view.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Why not?? It deserved a zero GOE from the judges which it mostly got. Tech panel should have dinged him for the hand down but the jump seemed fine otherwise from the judges point of view.

Whaaat ? :unsure: The GOEs should have been straight -1 at least across the board

Jump seemed fine ? He put hand down, and almost made a fall if he wouldn't done that

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whaaat ? :unsure: The GOEs should have been straight -1 at least across the board

Jump seemed fine ? He put hand down, and almost made a fall if he wouldn't done that

I thought it looked fine other than the one hand down TBH which requires just a -1 from from the judges after assessing positive GOE. It would be -2 for two hands down. Most judges probably would have given that jump a +1 without the hand so...it seems Fair to give it zero GOE which most judg s gave it.

After going back and checking I'm a bit surprised the tech panel doesn't make calls on hands down. That should just be a 1pt deduction and let the judges grade the entire jump.

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I thought it looked fine other than the one hand down TBH which requires just a -1 from from the judges after assessing positive GOE. It would be -2 for two hands down. Most judges probably would have given that jump a +1 without the hand so...it seems Fair to give it zero GOE which most judg s gave it.

-1 from positive GOE ? GOE is applied from 0 positive or negative, not -1 from positive 1. This should have been -1 on the boards. How there can have been applied any positive GOEs if he didn't landed it cleanly and put hand down on landing.