2016 JGP Germany Ladies FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Germany Ladies FS

Layback11

Record Breaker
where is your blog?:)

salchowsandswarovskis.wordpress.com

I usually can only cover one event a week, so I've done all the JGPs except Japan and only one (abridged) post on a CS event. Hoping to change that with Finlandia-if nothing else, I can do a recap of ladies, which I already watched.

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
So happy for Anastasiia, for the most interesting junior skater to watch this season. :clap:

Her 3F-2t near the end of the program coming out of nowhere (2-3 seconds after the 2a) always gives me the chill.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Oh hey it's actually over. That's what happens when I wander around the grocery store longer than I intend.

Congrats to all the medalists!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Give Anastasia the highest PCS (cuz I don't care, she's the most artistic Russian junior) but hey, the judges better mark her jumps right. They are not pretty.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
194.57 185.59 Anastasiia GUBANOVA RUS
194.37 177.38 Alina ZAGITOVA RUS
194.24 185.51 Rika KIHIRA JPN
194.02 183.73 Polina TSURSKAYA RUS
187.81 178.86 Kaori SAKAMOTO JPN
184.11 178.75 Marin HONDA JPN

Talk about an even field ... :think:

sneakers

Match Penalty

had Nugumanova qualified instead of Sakamoto, their scoring potential would been such a bloodbath... :dev2:

sarama

Medalist
I'm sorry for Stanislava, she has some nice qualities but unfortunately being Russian and so prone to bombing she won't be allowed to take her time to fully develop her talent!
So happy Squirtle got a medal... maybe she will be a little bot less sad about her performance

sneakers

Match Penalty
I'm sorry for Stanislava, she has some nice qualities but unfortunately being Russian and so prone to bombing she won't be allowed to take her time to fully develop her talent!
So happy Squirtle got a medal... maybe she will be a little bot less sad about her performance

she can always switch countries like Gosviani, Yuschenko and Artemeieva ???
skate for Belarus, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan or other stan countries.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Congratulations to all the six qualifiers.

I'm still a little sad for Sofia Samodurova: she had everything to win the gold or the silver in Yokohama but judges/Japan decided to screwed her up.

Sofia, Anna Tarusina and Liza Nugumanova are better than Sakamoto imo.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
I think its too early for that, don't you think so ??? :slink:
wit there's still You Young....

You might be right sneakers, maybe a little early, lol, I just really like Eunsoo as an all around skater and I have seen alot of improvement with her in the last 2 years, if she can stay healthy I dont see anything deterring her from earning this title. She makes mistakes but seems very determined to improve, gets down on herself but uses this disappointment to motivate herself - a strong mind!

I was able to watch YY skate last year with her coach in an non-event environment and I think this girl is very strong especially for a 12 y.o. Looking at the US, the only 12 y.o. we have is Kaitlyn but there is a large gap between skating skills, performance execution, transitions and even jumps (technique, height, rotation). YY should do very well in next years JGP, IMO, and I hope to see Kaitlyn and YY at the same event so we can all refer back to this post :))

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like Eunsoo but those music edits in the FS are so noticeable. She has so much potential but this program doesn't do enough to show it to us IMO. . I hope her team can prevent such avoidable pitfalls next season but I'm so happy to see her medal and I look forward to seeing her growth over the years.

Anastasiia is my feel good skater this season. She skates with so much heart and it just speaks to me. I hope she wins it all this year!! :love:

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Ha?? Who is Squirtle? And why?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Watched the last group

Lutricia Bock was, I guess, overwhelmed by getting into the final group with the 4th score. She even did not fight after the first mistake. May be next time.

Yuna Shiraiwa's FP is finally distinguishable from the programs I call "boring and forgettable". I kind of like it. She is not the best spinner, her StSq was far from impressive, she was forgiven clear UR in her opening combo. But she connected well to music and was nice to watch. Her problem is that she had her best chance last year when Japan lacked "wow girls" - Marin just started and Rika was not there. Now she will have to show some real progress in many departments to get back to the top of the Japanese pecking order. PCS is a good indicator for that. She had 56 last year in Zagreb and only 54 now.

Yuna Aoki - sorry, cannot remenber her skating. For me it was one of many lookalikes - don't want to be dismissive - really.

Anastasia Gubanova finally skated without mistakes and showed her scoring potential which is no less than the junior world record in the FP. Strange, there was so much fuzz about Marin's setting this record in Japan and complete silence here. Well, in fact it's not strange. People prefer to indulge in forecasts that Nastya will definitely lose her jumps rather than congratulate her with the unofficial but still record and the best overall score for junior ladies this season. In fact, she lost 3 points in SP: 2 in combo and 1 for time violation. So even with her season opening pcs she is capable of scoring above 197 which makes her one of the top gold contenders. Frankly speaking, her free program is a bit more labored than her short which is a masterpiece. But she is an exquisite skater without doubt.

Eunsoo Lim - sorry for her skating after flawless Gubanova. I think she was just overwhelmed with emotions. Kudos for her getting the first podium. Good girl with very good potential.

Stasya Konstantinova - sigh, big sigh. She blew me away the first 2 minutes of her program. I think she is the fastest skater in the current field, both junior and senior. She was fierce and aggressive. And then it all went down the drain with the unnecessary fall on 2A. She is 16. May be she is fighting with her puberty, may be she is a late bloomer. She is growing on me. Will be sad to lose her in the immense depth of the Russian field.

All in all, although I feel very sad about Stasya (and Alisa, and Sofya, and Liza Nugumanova, and, of course, Anna Tarusina), having Marin Honda in the final and 3+3 same as last year (when Russia was at the mercy of Japan for the third spot not vice versa like this year) make the final real drama. 4 ladies have 194, 1 is the reigning world champion. Kaori is a clear outlier, but she still can put some pressure in the quest for the podium.

piona

On the Ice

So, Marin Honda made it. I feel sorry for Stanislava. She was so heavily crying after
she went outside ... poor girl.