2016 JGP Germany Ladies SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Germany Ladies SP

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I really hope she works on the lean of her jump technique. Her chest is almost on her knees.

i hope so too, its a shame cause rest of her skating is so effortless and you miss it at the combo

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
I just love the small movements by Gubanova with the music. I don't think I've ever seen this by a junior skater, especially one that's only 13.

A very impressive SP. She seems to be well trained and her attention to every detail is unbelievable! Her coaching Team put together a breathtaking program and she executed most elements perfectly and those that were not perfect, were very well executed.

andyjo24

Medalist
Gubanova is so elegant, but I'm afraid that unless she gets proper jump coaching ASAP, she will struggle a lot when she grows.. Her technique is just too weird...

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Just checked Gubanova's video here.

She starts moving at 0:24 and finishes at 3:16. That's a total of 2 minutes and 52 seconds. So yes, she was over time by a mere 2 seconds just like Vincent Zhou was in Estonia (since the limit is 2:40 +/- 10 seconds, which corresponds to a range of 2:30-2:50)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm sorry, but what was that? The music and costumes....

I might've missed to see her SP at Asian Trophy.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
I think Eun soo Lim may win gold here.

You may be right!? She will need an almost perfect program which will be another test of her mental strength - oh my, I might win my first JGP :shocked: But we already know she is pretty tough mentally after crashing into the boards and finishing the rest of her program the way she did - she is not easily rattled.