Compare with Sui/Han:
S/H had 1 lvl higher on twist (arm) and btr execution
S/H had throw with greater height and extension on landing
S/H lift was clearly harder with intricate position
S/H steps were much faster and more defined edges
S/H had well landed synchronized SBS jump while Eric fell
M/E did sbs lutz vs toe
both had good sbs spin, M/E slightly better

But PCS? M/E with a fall had better transitions than Lubov/Dylan? Better skating skills than Yu/Jin? Better performance than MT/M?

i think both team had level 4 twists.. let's see the protocols.
but easier throw
speed is something you need to judge in the arena
eric fell on a god damn lutz... sui/han had great toes
d/r spins are well known to be the best in the business

for PCS.. do you really think that fall affected their performance? I don't.... it was a quick recovery into the next element.. the style of skating remained true to the song.
in the end, sui/han have the lead and they deserve it... i think that the placement are fine and the scores too... eric and meagan CLEAN would be slightly behind sui /han and slightly ahead y/z which i believe is right... for this SP

LP is a different story with teams bringing on more SBS and more quads... we will see...

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Sorry but D/R are simply unwatchable for me and their pcs today are very high for what we have seen on the ice ... I try to concentrate only on Eric for years already ...
On the other hand I am a big fan of Luba and Dylan and was delighted by this SP .. Luba, bb, please keep landing things and I/M for Canada's N1 :gclap:

and welcome back queen Wenjing ! they are breathtaking. both! Enjoyed Yu/Zhang a lot as well.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Actually I think Meagan and Eric are relieved that despite the missing skates issue and the changed throw they managed to execute this SP. Eric's fall is more easily fixable than a bad throw 3A.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Compare with Sui/Han:
S/H had 1 lvl higher on twist (arm) and btr execution
S/H had throw with greater height and extension on landing
S/H lift was clearly harder with intricate position
S/H steps were much faster and more defined edges
S/H had well landed synchronized SBS jump while Eric fell
M/E did sbs lutz vs toe
both had good sbs spin, M/E slightly better

So S/H beat D/R. Any problem with that?

But PCS? M/E with a fall had better transitions than Lubov/Dylan? Better skating skills than Yu/Jin? Better performance than MT/M?

Eric fell from a jump, not during a transition and not from skating or performing to the music.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Actually I think Meagan and Eric are relieved that despite the missing skates issue and the changed throw they managed to execute this SP. Eric's fall is more easily fixable than a bad throw 3A.

no need to fix Eric's lutz which has been on for years... they will get it in the FP :)

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Meagan and Eric's TES were fair.

Their PCS are another story. ;)

bobbob

Medalist
So S/H beat D/R. Any problem with that?

Eric fell from a jump, not during a transition and not from skating or performing to the music.

Compare with Lubov and Dylan. Technically and PCS wise Lubov and Dylan scored lower despite having superior elements (I/M had stronger twist, SBS jumps obv., steps, etc) ...I don't think a fall should be excused so easily when everyone else is clean and D/R are not skating (skating skills wise) any better than anyone else. Lubov and Dylan had better flow and transitions, and (subjectively) far superior choreography.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN CHN80.751video
2Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG CHN75.202video
3Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN74.313video
4Liubov ILYUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN73.044video
5Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO CAN70.895video
6Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM USA69.106video
7Cheng PENG / Yang JIN CHN66.447video

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It's the same throw, worth the same amount of points.
D/R aren't the only ones who perform difficult throws.
hold on here ;)

the poster who challenged me wanted D/R in 6th place...

so my answer is a bit all over the place as
1)S/H should be first.. no doubt about that

2) S/H & D/R have equivalent throws.. agreed

3) however D/R & S/H as well as I/M have higher difficulty throws than all the other teams.... so that's what i was talking about...

if you are putting D/R in 6th place, then you have to think about the other teams, the ones who barely manage SBS 3T, 3Loopthrows and lower lever twists.

Whether one likes them or not, D/R know what to do to maximize their BV... BTW they still have the highest BV tonight. Without the very rare fall, they would be surely in 2nd place ... and who knows how close from 1st..

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Compare with Lubov and Dylan. Technically and PCS wise Lubov and Dylan scored lower despite having superior elements (I/M had stronger twist, SBS jumps obv., steps, etc) ...I don't think a fall should be excused so easily when everyone else is clean and D/R are not skating (skating skills wise) any better than anyone else. Lubov and Dylan had better flow and transitions, and (subjectively) far superior choreography.

actually as I said, your opinion doesn't really matter when a tech panel rules the scoring... lubov and dylan have a lower level twist here.... considering base values, her mistake on the 3t is almost gaining them the same amount of points as D/R's lutz with a fall...

so subjectively as you said, it's up to the judges... from seeing both teams back to back at nationals, D/R are much faster and sharper live... so that's something you can't really acknowledge from your sofa..

and in the end, judges kept them very close.. 1 point apart.. why are you whining?

From seeing you in other threads, you often dismiss meagan and eric... did you know that relentless bashing is an offense on this forum? maybe you should tone it down a bit?

YMMV

apple123

On the Ice
How is I/M's throw better? Do people even watch the skate? Her landing was NOT smooth at all. And I/M is ever so boring. They just have no charisma at all.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'll make a bold statement - I think Sui/Han shouldn't go for any quad throws this or next season. They really only need a quad twist in the FP to win the Olympics next season if they go clean. They have to go easy on her precious ankles.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This pairs schedule was so accommodating. Began just as I woke up at 5am ish and will end right as I need to get up from bed to go to work.

I had been awake a while before it. But, it worked out well for me too.

My plan for the day: get up, watch Pairs SP, have breakfast, do my Men's predictions, watch Ladies SP, have dinner, watch snooker.

And thank you for reminding me that Portugal is in the same time zone as us. It's easy to forget. Probably because the Eurosport commentators only ever mention the UK (and sometimes Ireland) when giving out the times in GMT. :rolleye:

Except for Matt Chilton on the Alpine Skiing. When giving out GMT times, he ALWAYS says "in the UK, the Republic of Ireland and Portugal".

I wonder if he has a holiday home there... :think: ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

bobbob

Medalist
hold on here ;)

the poster who challenged me wanted D/R in 6th place...

so my answer is a bit all over the place as
1)S/H should be first.. no doubt about that

2) S/H & D/R have equivalent throws.. agreed

3) however D/R & S/H as well as I/M have higher difficulty throws than all the other teams.... so that's what i was talking about...

if you are putting D/R in 6th place, then you have to think about the other teams, the ones who barely manage SBS 3T, 3Loopthrows and lower lever twists.

Whether one likes them or not, D/R know what to do to maximize their BV... BTW they still have the highest BV tonight. Without the very rare fall, they would be surely in 2nd place ... and who knows how close from 1st..

Without the fall D/R would obviously have been in second. Heck even with the fall they could have been second if they managed to get the same level on their out of sync steps as every other top team... And they clearly know how to maximize their base value. But when you are talking about a fall versus a 0.5 throw difference...

First of all, they should not have any PCS advantage over any of the other 5 teams I think should be slotted higher (Lubov and Dylan, Yu Jin should have higher PCS, SK/K and MT/M about the same). They should have a one point deduction for the fall, and they should lose a few points on the execution of the sbs jump, which they earn back with the harder throw and jump itself.

I understand this won't happen but I THINK they should be in 6th.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'll make a bold statement - I think Sui/Han shouldn't go for any quad throws this or next season. They really only need a quad twist in the FP to win the Olympics next season if they go clean. They have to go easy on her precious ankles.
Well without quad throw they might just medal if they go super clean. What if other teams have quad throw go clean? But pair elements are high-risked so yes if they want to continue for 2022, they should go safe for now.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Compare with Lubov and Dylan. Technically and PCS wise Lubov and Dylan scored lower despite having superior elements (I/M had stronger twist, SBS jumps obv., steps, etc) ...I don't think a fall should be excused so easily when everyone else is clean

Eric's fall was not excused. They lost 3.1 points for that. And it was from a lutz, which no other Pair even attempts.

and D/R are not skating (skating skills wise) any better than anyone else. Lubov and Dylan had better flow and transitions, and (subjectively) far superior choreography.

D/R not skating better than anyone else? Far from being the worst skaters according to you, they do skate better than most Pairs in the world.

There is no escaping the spite even when they came in 3rd, losing by more than 6 points. Instead the outrage is directed at their 1.17 point lead over the 4th place. :drama: