2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time

rain

Record Breaker
Lubov's makeup looked scary for me. I hope it was just my screen.
Lubov and Dylan did well for a new pair. Does Canada have enough spots for the Worlds for them?

I liked Kirsten a year ago and could hardly recognize her now. :( Kirsten and her new partner were so concentrated on elements that almost forgot about the program.

Canada has three spots to worlds and I/M have one of them. The others are going to, of course, Duhamel/Radford, and the junior pair who actually took bronze at Canadians, Seguin/Bilodeau (who are also doing junior worlds). M-T/M2 were fourth at Canadians, and Four Continents was kind of their consolation prize.

peg

Medalist
Right now their lifts are terrifying though, and in pairs they are big point items, so it's a problem.

And yeah, whoever said they need to be repackaged so they don't just look like a poorer version of Moore-Towers/Moscovitch is right on the money. The very direct comparison does them no favours.

Agreed. Their lifts need a lot of work. Partly timing, partly he needs to build up strength

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Have you been taking notes? It would be neat to edit a video compilation of all the stand-up/sit-down moments at 4CC K&C's.

Shoot, I haven't. I'll have to go back and rewatch (aww, shucks). There are some other things I've noticed that I want to capture. I'll have to figure out how to record from IN...not tech savvy, me

rain

Record Breaker
I really like them, though. I love her lift positions :love:

One of the biggest pluses for this team, IMO, is her amazing lines that make everything look like a million bucks. That classical Russian training, which, oddly, their ladies singles don't seem to partake in, but seems to come standard for their pairs and ice dancers.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
One of the biggest pluses for this team, IMO, is her amazing lines that make everything look like a million bucks. That classical Russian training, which, oddly, their ladies singles don't seem to partake in, but seems to come standard for their pairs and ice dancers.

Plus she has amazing flexibility. I'm still agog over that first lift.

peg

Medalist

And Dylan has worked to match those lines.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am the minority here. There is something with Lubov I cannot really enjoy--her posture and even facial expression remind me of Megan D, that little boy skating kind of feel...

Tanka

On the Ice
Yes, Canada has three spots at Worlds, and Lubov and Dylan came second at Nationals, so they will be at Worlds. Kirtsen and Michael came fourth at Nationals, so they will not be there.

Shame upon me, I was sure they were third at Nationals. Then my best wishes for them in Shanghai. They may not be perfect technically (yet) but they are such a pleasure to watch.

rain

Record Breaker
Plus she has amazing flexibility. I'm still agog over that first lift.

Absolutely. And her stretch is just amazing in making even the more standard lift positions look out of this world. Amplitude is the word. I adore the entry into the death spiral as well.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well that was just scarey. This team is still new but I am not sure he has what it takes. I thought she was a bit bland with Dylan but this team needs a stylist, something that sets them apart. They don't have the big throw jumps or twists and those lifts. Yikes Obviously he has issues - technique, footwork - she may have gained weight but she isn't exactly huge. Why didn't they put her with Tran??? Could have been a Canadian team? Marinaro needs technique and maybe strength (conditioning or bodybuilding but really she is under five feet. We don't want another scarey looking team like some of the Chinese which can look creepy too. Surely he must know he has issues with the lifts by now.

pandatours

On the Ice
Qian Pang looks really thin, though not in a way that makes me worry, compared to Yuko Kavaguti. The Chinese are really controlling in terms of diet plans but they never look malnourished

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well that was just scarey. This team is still new but I am not sure he has what it takes. I thought she was a bit bland with Dylan but this team needs a stylist, something that sets them apart. They don't have the big throw jumps or twists and those lifts. Yikes Obviously he has issues - technique, footwork - she may have gained weight but she isn't exactly huge. Why didn't they put her with Tran??? Could have been a Canadian team? Marinaro needs technique and maybe strength (conditioning or bodybuilding but really she is under five feet. We don't want another scarey looking team like some of the Chinese which can look creepy too. Surely he must know he has issues with the lifts by now.

Rumor had it that she chose him OVER Tran...

rain

Record Breaker
And Dylan has worked to match those lines.

Yes, I particularly noticed it in that matching catch-foot spiral position they achieve. They seem to be doing great things for each other in this new partnership.

peg

Medalist
Shame upon me, I was sure they were third at Nationals. Then my best wishes for them in Shanghai. They may not be perfect technically (yet) but they are such a pleasure to watch.

Seguin/Bilodeau were third at Nationals. But since they're going to Jr Worlds as well as Sr Worlds, MT/M were sent here