2017 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

blue_ice

On the Ice
Medvedeva, Zagitova look so juniorish and overscored - boring to watch . Anna Pogorilaya and Sotskova were the best! Beautiful skaters. From juniors I liked Fedichkina and Gubanovam- pleasant to watch.

Last edited:

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Medvedeva is imo the best female skater of all time. Only Mao Asada of past days can be compared to her. Not even Kim Yu-Na, Carolina Kostner or Shizuka Arakawa had reached her level.

Last edited:

janav

On the Ice
Medvedeva is imo the best female skater of all time. Only Mao Asada of past days can be compared to her. Not even Kim Yu-Na, Carolina Kostner or Shizuka Arakawa had reached her level.

with this kind of statement, you should brace yourself for a major sh--storm. :laugh:

Zhenya is DIVINE

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Medvedeva, Zagitova look so juniorish and overscored - boring to watch . Anna Pogorilaya and Sotskova were the best! Beautiful skaters. From juniors I liked Fedichkina and Gubanovam- pleasant to watch.

It's the intention of Zhenya's choreography to appear juniorish at the beginning of her program. It's the story she's telling, how she grows from a young girl to a woman. And she does it perfectly IMO. The spread eagle with the head roll is my EVERYTHING!!

DiamondDust

Final Flight

LOL! This comment made me :laugh: :laugh2: but oh well... your opinion. :laugh:

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
Wow lots of people jumping on me! Didn't think I was being negative or "sour." Just being realistic about how perception works at National events.

Kudos to both of my darlings Anna and Maria for placing high in the SP in this tough field. For Maria especially, it's a big deal.

Excited to see what Alina's TES ends up being in the LP - it's going to be huuuuge.

Khoai

Match Penalty
It's the intention of Zhenya's choreography to appear juniorish at the beginning of her program. It's the story she's telling, how she grows from a young girl to a woman. And she does it perfectly IMO. The spread eagle with the head roll is my EVERYTHING!!
That spread eagle with butt sticking out.

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Few comments on some ladies I've only watched...

Anna... OH MY AWESOMENESS!!! :clap: Lovely lines, flow, and that step sequence is divine. And I do love her expression. Love her performance the most. I do think however, she is underscored a bit.

Evegenia... I think she skated here better than her earlier competitions. She's connected to her music better and those editions to her program were good. However, don't attack me dedicated fans of the tano overlord but I do think she is overscored (a bit). :laugh:

Elizaveta Tuk... Wow, that costume is distracting :palmf: . I love her but I can't get Rika Hongo's skating out of my head as she skates.

Maria S... her skating is kind of in a slow-mo for me but she's definitely got grace to match it. Overall she did good.

P.S. And yes, I still think Yulia has the better programs this season. Sad she isn't competing. :(

Last edited:

areuskater

Match Penalty
Anna is always the underdog, I think she likes it better as she usually fights in most of her events to medal. Good luck to her tomorrow.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
She did skate better than GPF but was that skate worthy of 79? I don't know. In all cases I do think she deserves her win. But her scores make it as if she is the perfect skater ever which is doubtful.

It is not important if she deserves 75, 77 or 80 points. She is simply the best (says the admirer of Pogorilaya and Sotskova).

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
What is wrong with Liza N.? I miss her. :(
different rumours about it
the offcial one is that she was already ill at JGPF & still isnt healthy
& nehind the scenes one - that she doesnt train enough & coaches decided to punish her for that...:slink:

andromache

Record Breaker
different rumours about it
the offcial one is that she was already ill at JGPF & still isnt healthy
& nehind the scenes one - that she doesnt train enough & coaches decided to punish her for that...:slink:

Wow....I hope the second one is not true. She's one of my favorites. Then again, if she doesn't train enough, maybe not being allowed to compete will help her learn her lesson?

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Wow....I hope the second one is not true. She's one of my favorites. Then again, if she doesn't train enough, maybe not being allowed to compete will help her learn her lesson?
well I can see how it CAN possibly be a problem
she's young & performed quite a lot in shows
It can be the usual test by fame:slink:
She's my fav too & lets hope she can perform flawlessly in the future & work hard

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
But ethnically Ukrainian or from Kharkov but ethnically Russian ?

No idea. But during a discussion about her surname a few years ago, I'm nearly sure that somebody said that Pogorily was a Ukrainian name.

But, it was that long ago that I can't remember what thread it was in, or what exactly the discussion was about.

CaroLiza_fan