2017 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Disappointing for the Anna fan. She should've withdrawn if she was really injured.

I was thinking the same thing. She won't be doing herself any favors with a less-than-favorable position here, coming in as a favorite.

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA 80.08 video
2 Maria SOTSKOVA 74.39 video
3 Alina ZAGITOVA 74.26 video
4 Anna POGORILAYA 73.45 video
5 Elena RADIONOVA 70.19 video
6 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA 69.17 video
7 Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA 68.34 video
8 Sofia SAMODUROVA 65.29 video
9 Alisa FEDICHKINA 63.96 video
10 Anastasia GUBANOVA 63.34 video
11 Alena LEONOVA 60.60 video
12 Valeria MIKHAILOVA 59.90 video
13 Serafima SAKHANOVICH 59.37 video
14 Alisa LOZKO 58.40 video
15 Natalia OGORELTSEVA 57.48 video
16 Anastasia YATSENKO 55.74 video
17 Ekaterina GUSEVA 53.04 video
18 Anastasia KOLOMIETS 44.24 video

matcha

Medalist
IF Anna does well enough for the 4th spot, she will be in European and WC team. Zagitova is too young for this season.

Yeah, she's not really in Hanyu's position where she can be guaranteed a spot if the WDs. Not with Elena and Maria also in the hunt.

Also, Anna's PCS is just under a point less that Sailor Honey Bear's. That's good.

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Somehow this leaves me frustrated. I hope Anna can come back in the free, and they go with her.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
imho the free has a chance to end up as expected in the prediction game with expected outcome

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Anna did a good job despite of the injury (or just a sore throat not sure about it). I hope she will be as good as this in the free and she will be easily in the team for Euros. Though I highly suspect that Russian fed will leave her off the team anyway, after such a successful GP season.

Congratulations to Maria, Alina and Sofia all skating very successfully! I really enjoyed this event overall.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Somehow this leaves me frustrated. I hope Anna can come back in the free, and they go with her.

Since Zagitova is still in Juniors Anna should still have a spot. But I wonder how Elena thinks about not making the team. Tough times for her. :eek:hwell:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yeah, she's not really in Hanyu's position where she can be guaranteed a spot if the WDs. Not with Elena and Maria also in the hunt.
Well Hanyu had to trade the current privilege by skating right after collision and right before surgery and with badly injured foot for 2 seasons consecutively so... it is not like he got it for free.
Also, Anna's PCS is just under a point less that Sailor Honey Bear's. That's good.
Yeah, I think they certainly know that Anna has been quite consistent for the whole season. Now she only needs to hang up to the 4th place and she will go.

matcha

Medalist
Well Hanyu had to trade the current privilege by skating right after collision and right before surgery and with badly injured foot for 2 seasons consecutively so... it is not like he got it for free.
I was simply refering to the fact that he's a legend in Japan and that field isn't as deep compared to Russian Ladies. Even if he had to petition the Japanese Fed would have to be wild to reject it. I don't think Anna has that kind of clout when there are so many Russian girls preparing to scalp eachother.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I was simply refering to the fact that he's a legend in Japan and that field isn't as deep compared to Russian Ladies. Even if he had to petition the Japanese Fed would have to be wild to reject it. I don't think Anna has that kind of clout when there are so many Russian girls preparing to scalp eachother.
I understand. Anna is just considered Russian No.2/3, never No.1, sadly so. But I have faith one day she will get a sweet revenge on those who have robbed her.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Anna is not even a point behind 2nd, so I don't see her ending up in fourth place if her knee doesn't cause too many problems. I still think she'll finish this competition in 2nd place. And we all always want that the judges judge what the skaters deliver and Anna didn't rotate her 3T so I think the standing after the SP is ok. It's good that Anna skated today, nobody is safe and she clearly showed that she is reliable despite everything today, that should help her in the long term. And Anna made the team last season although she had a disastrous GP season, so she knows very well that Russian Nationals is where Russian ladies have to deliver. Even Evgenia can't just skip it.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Who is the most beautiful girl of the competition?

My favourite is Stasya Konstantinova.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

In terms of where they train, yes. But in terms of the skaters themselves, no.

Zagitova is from Udmurtia. Just like Tuktamysheva. Except, Alina is from Izhevsk (the capital), while Liza is from Glazov.

But, since she is doing well, no doubt the fans from Moscow will claim Alina as their own. Just like the fans in St. Petersburg have claimed Liza as their own (hello, Sugarpova!)

Sorry to be pedantic. But, since I am from a small country myself, I like to champion skaters who are in a similar situation.

CaroLiza_fan

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Who is the most beautiful girl of the competition?

My fovourite is Stasya Konstantinova.

Tough one! Stasya is up there. Sima's really turning into a beautiful young woman. Sotskova has the classical beauty for a skater. They are all beautiful in their own ways!