2017 Autumn Classic Intl FD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Autumn Classic Intl FD

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I don't like this free any better than the short... :noshake:

but HOLY CRAP that last circular lift! :drama:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I thought Lorraine & Quinn skated with great attack today. Just love this program and this vehicle for them. She skated with much more confidence today.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Piper and Paul are probably my favorite shape shifters/storytellers in ice dance. If they're gonna give me Perry Mason I want them to take it even more over the top. Love that lift close to the end. I'm curious to see it all develop.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'll come back to Piper and Paul's dance after I get a chance to see it a few more times.

The one thing I will say is when they get those lifts down, they will be killer.

pearly

Record Breaker
The problem for me is that M/C's tango is full of atonal notes, so it's a tango with a bit of a sour bite to it, but the dance is all rather conventional.

I don't like ballroom tango. I prefer real Argentine tango. That's my problem with this and 90% tangos in skating.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Scott and Tessa are so good that I think the music is beneath them (and I love Moulin Rouge the movie). Their movement, acting, edges, etc. are perfection however.

charmblade

Final Flight
All right people, don't hate me but IMHO Scott is way better at bringing the angst to this tango than Tessa is. I didn't quite believe it from her yet.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
:hap36: :bow::bow:

I asked for grand epic cinema, i finally got one.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I don't understand the appeal of Moulin Rouge. I don't think even Tessa and Scott's skating can trick me into thinking there is any substance to it.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piper and Paul are so weird and I love it all. :love: I kept thinking, man, this feels like an '80s mystery show only to find out that's basically what it is, so kudos to them for conveying the mood.

And Tessa and Scott are gorgeous as always but there's an odd musical disconnect for me--as soon as the music builds, they just stay the same. Once the music comes back down again they're right in sync but not when it's big and dramatic.

nimi

Medalist
I would enjoy this program more if they used instrumental versions of MR...

(Ewan McGregor as a vocalist... and whoever does the rroooxxaaaaannnneee gravel voice thing...) :gaah:

but the actual skating is very enjoyable and I think this program works for them (vocals aside)