2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Short Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Short Dance

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Parsons have more potential then the Russian team that skated before them. Russian girls OTT expressions can't hide her bad posture and lackluster skating skills but this being Russia they were overscored. I see B/S winning the SD since they skate last.

Barb

Record Breaker
Maia´s dress is so beautiful, I am not sure about the costume of Alex.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Pretty dresses on Alexandra, Ekaterina and Maia. Alex's top looks very flesh tone to me.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know, I was disappointed when Alper and Alisa went into last position. But then I saw the scores at the end of the group and realised "Ah. There's not much covering the bottom 3 couples". So, they have a good chance of moving up if they have a better FS.

Surprised that the Parsons siblings weren't right up with Popova / Mozgov.

But, now we have the main course. This group is going to be exciting!

What on Earth are the 2 Sashas in this group wearing?! :jaw: :eek:

(I know the Shibs are of Japanese heritage rather than Russian, but "Sashas" looks better when written down than "Alex's")

CaroLiza_fan

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
It started out kinda 'meh' but the energy picked up toward the end. They had almost lost me by then

GGFan

Record Breaker
The last part of the program was the only portion I liked. I love S/B's long legs and the freshness they bring to the ice. Their taste level is so suspect though! The Chandelier part of that program makes me cringe. They need to keep it fun an energetic.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
The samba parts of Sasha and Ivan's SD are all in all very nice. Rhumba - not so much, and this mix doesn't make them look very mature...

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I don't know if I saw it right, but I got the impression that either S/B got a very high GOE for their non-touching steps or they got a level four in it, which would be a big surprise, so I'm waiting for the protocols.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, boys but that version of "Chandelier" that Sasha and Ivan used was brutal. I was so glad when the next piece of music kicked in.

That said, I enjoyed the actual skating.

Now, I know I've already said that I don't like Sasha's dress. But, what made it even worse looking was that it did not go well with Ivan's all-black costume. He could have been doing with a bit of colour on him.

Compare that with the Canadians that followed them. Paul was wearing all-black too, but Piper's dress did go well with it.

Although, to be honest, I'm not fussed on Piper's dress either. There was just too much black between them.

Really sick of hearing "Gopher Mambo". But, they were good.

CaroLiza_fan

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Um.. I'm all for gimmicks and kitch but I hate the arm costume change. And the weird sound effects.

You know I think I really liked at least 7 or 8 SD's last year and I've yet to see one that I really liked. I think I liked the British couple's the best of the ones I've seen.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I usually like my G/P programs to have more of a storyline but I'm starting to get into it. I love that they're not using some contemporary piece of music. It's also fun and they sell it well.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Bless Piper and Paul for skating to Yma Sumac.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed in this program. I expect weird and quirky from P/P, and we get that from the music (and Piper's dress), but the actual choreo is pretty generic. And this seemed right up their ally, too! After last season's FANTASTIC programs, it's a let down.

tulosai

Record Breaker
G/P are consummate entertainers but somehow this program doesn't quite work for me