2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Short Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Short Dance

GGFan

Record Breaker
Um.. I'm all for gimmicks and kitch but I hate the arm costume change. And the weird sound effects.

You know I think I really liked at least 7 or 8 SD's last year and I've yet to see one that I really liked. I think I liked the British couple's the best of the ones I've seen.

The Brits and I think the Danish team have the best SDs. This year is really showing the weakness of the format. I have never seen so many programs that lack cohesiveness.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The score for these Russian teams is :scratch2: I understand now why skaters hate going to Russia for the GP especially in an Olympic season.

Barb

Record Breaker
how can it go through the head of someone that dress looks good on someone?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Hey.. it's this nice american girl in a lovely dress skating the dance of love with her shirtless brother.

pearly

Record Breaker
You know I think I really liked at least 7 or 8 SD's last year and I've yet to see one that I really liked. I think I liked the British couple's the best of the ones I've seen.

Not at all surprising. Last year there was hip hop, which was original and modern. Latin has been done to death. This year I like Virtue and Moir and that's thanks to their music choice.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
That was really good, right?
I've never watched Ice Dance before, except for Cizeron and Papadakis!

GGFan

Record Breaker
Hate Alex's shirt, but loved the actual skating. The last part did not grab me, but they mostly had me for about 2/3, which is a lot given the short dances this season. I think sometimes their lack of power hurts them, but I think with latin their quickness and lightness sets them apart.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I freaking love the first set of twizzles of the Shibs, perfect with the music and the LYRICS!!! Uno! Dos! tres! cuatro! Cinco!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hey.. it's this nice american girl in a lovely dress skating the dance of love with her shirtless brother.

Well, I wouldn't say Maia's dress was lovely, but I like your point. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Scorewise that is a good sign for Maia and Alex. Not that far behind what P/C got in Finlandia and 2 behind V/M at ACI.