2017 GP NHK Trophy Short Dance | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Trophy Short Dance

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Gabby & Guillaume also have comparable Latin dance skills, but their program just isn't there for me.

Well, i think Guillaume and Tessa have the best ice dance skills no matter which type of a dance is about. I was just talking where i feel the most Latin vibe.

auser

Record Breaker
Rarely (AFAIK?), but not never.

Shibs 2017 Rostelecom FD:
Actually just Tara and Terry Gannon give some commentary during the program (not a lot :)).
Johnny is there, but remains silent.

Good luck to Tessa/Scott and Madi/Zach in the FD tomorrow :yay:.
Astute as always ice coverage :bow:. Thank you for the link. I thought I needed a cable subscription to access NBC Sports video :thank:

Winnie

Rinkside
The third set shouldn't be affecting the level, says the rule. That's why I'm asking.

If the third set is one of their additional features, and the disruption would have caused a first or second twizzle to lose a level, than the third twizzle should not be counted as a feature thus causing them to lose a level. It's in the clarifications section of the handbook.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I'm actually encouraged by how well they still scored here with one small error. It show the potential for an absolutely massive score. They were well on their way to beating their Skate Canada score without it.

At some point in the season everyone makes a mistake — better here than at the Olympics.

It's true, they maxed out on the No touch and that is something. However, execution matters a lot and the tiniest bobble can cost you the gold. Well it wasn't a tiny bobble here.
But in fact better here, than in Korea, but I don't want it to play with their nerve ESPECIALLY Scott... the scores cannot compare from competitions so he has to let go and enjoy it more.

Not gonna lie, in SCI it was something, but it felt a little bit more... forced today. They are more likely to make mistakes when it's the case. Someone tell them they don't need to overdo it, they have it.

Eislauf

On the Ice
Hate to say it but Scott looked a bit chunky in that tight jumpsuit. He's never possessed the refinement and crisp dance lines of, say, Guillaume and Luca, but maybe a costume with more flow to it would create a more elegant presentation. His body positions in the SD tonight looked inelegant and almost sloppy in comparison to G and L. Tessa, on the other hand, just gets better and better.

apple123

On the Ice
If the third set is one of their additional features, and the disruption would have caused a first or second twizzle to lose a level, than the third twizzle should not be counted as a feature thus causing them to lose a level. It's in the clarifications section of the handbook.

Scott has finished 3 rotation in the third set before the stumble. According to the rule, they should get the feature. So it really should be level 4.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Hate to say it but Scott looked a bit chunky in that tight jumpsuit. He's never possessed the refinement and crisp dance lines of, say, Guillaume and Luca, but maybe a costume with more flow to it would create a more elegant presentation. His body positions in the SD tonight looked inelegant and almost sloppy.

Yeah, I'm not really liking that costume on him. But they got over 80, so not too bad. What happened to C/B I thought they'd also cross the 70 barrier as well? My loves the Danes also looked a bit tight tonight. I hope they both have redemption skates for the free.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Astute as always ice coverage :bow:. Thank you for the link. I thought I needed a cable subscription to access NBC Sports video :thank:

nbcsports.com posts only a relatively small number of videos per GP -- but better than nothing :).
Emphasis on big names (such as Medvedeva) and on U.S. skaters.

And it has been an ersatz hodge-podge of either Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA commentary or NBC (Weir/Lipinski) commentary or no commentary.
Even some (accidental?) commentary in Chinese for Cup of China.

I have been posting individual links in the NBC thread in The Edge:

The link to the nbcsports.com page for videos pertaining to Olympic sports (not limited to figure skating):

In past seasons, nbcsports.com has not always done a good job of tagging, but this link is supposed to be for its GP videos:

apple123

On the Ice
Hate to say it but Scott looked a bit chunky in that tight jumpsuit. He's never possessed the refinement and crisp dance lines of, say, Guillaume and Luca, but maybe a costume with more flow to it would create a more elegant presentation. His body positions in the SD tonight looked inelegant and almost sloppy.

WTH is this? Scott looks very manly and attractive tonight. Plz don't force your own judgement on everyone else. And not everyone like those feminine traits on a man.

Winnie

Rinkside
Scott has finished 3 rotation in the third set before the stumble. According to the rule, they should get the feature. So it really should be level 4.

In the slow motion replay, Charlie counted it as two rotations for what it's worth.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker

No it means that if in your 3rd set you make a mistake, and if you had that mistake in the 1st or 2nd the level would have dropped, then you have to take it down one level. I didn't get it at first but that's actually a very good clarification. Thank you Winnie for the clarification.
Since on the 3rd set, he really wobbled, which would have caused a downgraded if it was made on the 1st or 2nd set, they have to downgrade it.

Barb

Record Breaker
Anyway, I think Scott did not complete the rotations because after the stumble Tessa continue rotating.

Eislauf

On the Ice
What happened to C/B I thought they'd also cross the 70 barrier as well? My loves the Danes also looked a bit tight tonight. I hope they both have redemption skates for the free.

I too thought C/B were terrific..and underscored. She looks leaner and more svelte than I've ever seen her. C/B looked quite polished.

rain

Record Breaker
It's true, they maxed out on the No touch and that is something. However, execution matters a lot and the tiniest bobble can cost you the gold. Well it wasn't a tiny bobble here.
But in fact better here, than in Korea, but I don't want it to play with their nerve ESPECIALLY Scott... the scores cannot compare from competitions so he has to let go and enjoy it more.

Not gonna lie, in SCI it was something, but it felt a little bit more... forced today. They are more likely to make mistakes when it's the case. Someone tell them they don't need to overdo it, they have it.

I agree, I thought it looked a little better at Skate Canada. I thought at the beginning of the dance especially it looked like the adrenaline was running high. I agree they can relax into it a little more. But this is splitting hairs.

I find it almost amusing that everyone seems so fixated on V/M dooming themselves with imperfections — it's not like P/C haven't been known to make costly errors at inopportune times, why is everyone assuming they'll be faultless?

I think it's pretty normal for most teams to miss a level here or there at some point in the season. I just don't think anyone needs to freak out over every step. This is the process of perfecting these programs.

apple123

On the Ice
Anyway, I think Scott did not complete the rotations because after the stumble Tessa continue rotating.

They do extra rotations just in case. But when Scott had the stumble, he has finished three rotation. So it should not affect the level.